Ensnared
April 19, 2024, 04:49:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Big changes are coming soon!  Keep an eye open for more information!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

A rare risk-free fight (Voiclesss/Pat)

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: A rare risk-free fight (Voiclesss/Pat)  (Read 1284 times)
Voicelesss

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
One year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« on: August 29, 2012, 08:56:14 pm »

Axel arched his back, stretching before turning around to face the weight bench behind him.
"Alright! Today I'm gonna make some real progress, let's get to it!"
He walked over to the weight rack, grabbing two 25 pound weights, and slid them onto the bar.
Before laying on the bench and beginning his workout, he looked at his set-up. 95 pounds.
"This is almost embarrassing..."
Report Spam   Logged

Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pat

Shark

View Profile
Level 4 One year Anniversary Level 3
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 09:14:17 pm »

Claire was just about done that afternoon at the rec center, and had already gathered her things to prepare to leave, including the sheathed rapier she seemed to keep on her right hip everywhere she went.  Just on her way out through the room housing the weight equipment, she caught a glimpse of a new face from the corner of her eye.

"I haven't seen you around before."  She paused to approach Axel.  She spoke with a friendly enough tone as she stood tall before him, glancing him over unassumingly.  "Are you new in town?"
Report Spam   Logged
Voicelesss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 09:27:21 pm »

Axel smartly positioned his body in front of the weights, in an effort to hide the small amount he was lifting, before answering
 "I guess you could say that.. I'm passing through. I'm a traveler. Name's Axel."
He held his hand out for a handshake, praying the woman in front of him didn't mention the weights behind him
Report Spam   Logged

Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 09:42:27 pm »

Claire took Axel's hand to shake it.  "Nice to meet you. I'm Claire, Claire Beckett."  She smiled and introduced herself, then glanced at the weights behind him.  She spoke, but didn't comment on them.  "I do a little traveling to other cities, myself."  She looked both him and the weights over once again.  "What brings you here to train? Are you an athlete? Some type of fighter?"
Report Spam   Logged
Voicelesss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 09:53:06 pm »

"It's nice to meet a fellow traveler. It seems like sane minded travelers aren't very common, with all this organization crap going on.."
Axel released her hand, mentally noting how firm her grip was, before answering her question
"Yeah, I'm a fighter. Actually, a martial artist, to be exact. I'm traveling and training while I get ready for my next tournament."
Report Spam   Logged

Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 10:06:30 pm »

Claire gave a more serious, knowning nod.  "All that business has gotten out of hand..."  She quietly agreed, and was also a bit relieved to meet another new person who was sane.

She smiled again.  "I see. That's the reason I'd travel, for tournaments. I'm a fencer."  She brushed a hand against the bellguard of the weapon at her side as she explained.
Report Spam   Logged
Voicelesss

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 10:18:28 pm »

Axel looked down at the rapier on her hip.

"That's so cool... You know, as long as I've been fighting, I've never fought against someone that uses a weapon. I imagine if I were to get attacked by someone, I'd be in serious trouble, haha.."

Axel's laugh died away as he realized the truth of what he just said, knowing that if he were attacked by an organization member that used some sort of weapon, he'd have no chance.

"Hey.. I feel kind of dumb for asking this, I just met you. But... could we have a quick match? Just a short sparring session?"

Axel looked up at the woman as he asked her this, his eyes meeting hers almost in a challenging fashion..
Report Spam   Logged

Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 10:38:25 pm »

Claire smiled with amusement and nodded as she listened.  She gave him another look, and her lips curled into a smirk.  She met his gaze, looking almost devious at his request.  Her more dangerous look didn't last long though, and was replaced again by more of a friendly smile.  "Sure. I've still got plenty of fight in me. Where would you like to go?"
Report Spam   Logged
Voicelesss

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 10:42:40 pm »

"Oh, anywhere will do, really. I think I walked past an empty room with plenty of space over there.."

Axel turned around, pointing to a door, accompanied by a window that showed a large room with mirrors, and handrails on the wall
Report Spam   Logged

Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 10:46:36 pm »

"Ah, soundss perfect."  Claire started in the direction Axel pointed, lingering during just one step to look back and check if he was following.  She pushed the door open and held it open for Axel to follow in as she removed the short mantel she was wearing over her right shoulder.
Report Spam   Logged
Voicelesss

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 10:51:33 pm »

Axel walked into the middle of the room before turning around to face Claire, as he lightly hopped up and down, alternating feet

"Go ahead and get warmed up if you want, I'm ready when you are.."

Axel continued to hop around, seemingly dancing, while settling into a stance, with his right foot in front of him and his hands up..
Report Spam   Logged

Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 11:03:11 pm »

"Haha, I've been warming up."  She replied and gripped her sword with her left hand.  "I've done performances. I can keep from sticking you too badly."  Claire unsheathed the rapier and stepped forward with her left foot, bending her knees and holding her weapon towards him in a ready stance.  She twirled the small cloak in her right hand until it was wrapped slightly around her hand, then waited.
Report Spam   Logged
Voicelesss

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 11:10:22 pm »

Axel nodded, wordlessly acknowledging that the fight had begun. He circled around carefully, trying to judge the reach of the thin sword opposing him.

Axel threw a few feints, trying to draw a reaction out of Claire, to no avail, before deciding to finally launch an attack..

Bullet Punch: 70%. Axel rushes forward, driving his fist into the target's midsection, inflicting 25 damage If this skill hits, there is a 30% chance to stun the target for one turn. 60 Stamina. Adds 4 combo points.
Report Spam   Logged

Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 11:22:58 pm »

[Rolls 48, 19, HP 105, Stunned!]

Claire was wary and able to ignore Axel's feints, though she didn't react in time when his real attack came swiftly into her gut.

"Oo-!"  She bit her lip and fell to one knee, staggered by the strong blow.
Report Spam   Logged
Voicelesss

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 11:29:12 pm »

Axel's eyes widened in surprise when he realized he wasn't poked in the chest for attempting to attack, but quickly calmed down, intending to take advantage of his opponent's hurt state.

"Haah!"

(40 -> 50 Stamina, 0 -> 4 Combo Points)

Basic Attack: 80%. Axel attacks with a basic strike, inflicting 15 damage. Adds one combo point.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: