Ensnared
April 19, 2024, 02:50:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Big changes are coming soon!  Keep an eye open for more information!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

A rare risk-free fight (Voiclesss/Pat)

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: A rare risk-free fight (Voiclesss/Pat)  (Read 1283 times)
Voicelesss

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
One year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2012, 11:32:24 am »

Axel sighed, shaking his head

"When I first started, when it was just something to do, of course it was fun.. But I think since fighting has more or less become my profession, and the fact that I have to fight just to protect myself and stay in my right mind... It's hard to find it fun anymore.."

Axel's mind went back to a few years ago, after his 2nd place finish at the World Martial Arts Tournament. The very night after the award ceremony, he was approached by people who called themselves The Sanctum, who requested that he work with them in an effort to fight a growing force called The Organization. After hearing of what these people did to their victims, changing them, forcing them into servitude, he felt some duty to stop that group.

Report Spam   Logged

Ain't nobody got time for dat!
Pat

Shark

View Profile
Level 4 One year Anniversary Level 3
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2012, 07:46:01 pm »

Claire listened, and understood what he meant about how it was harder to enjoy fighting.  "It is a shame.  I've started to see fighting and bouting a little differently, too.  It used to be purely fun and sport, but now I've actually had to raise my sword to protect others and myself from real danger."  She let out a sigh as well, reflecting on her past filled with enjoyable tournaments and performance bouts.
Report Spam   Logged
Voicelesss

View Profile
One year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2012, 10:04:29 pm »

Axel nodded his head, and a short silence ensued. Almost too quickly, Axel's somber mood vanishes, his face returning to it's usual animated self.

"Well, I guess that's just the way it has to be. The people like you and me fight so that things can be better in the future."

Axel looked up at the clock, realizing how late it was. He looked back to Claire

"It's getting late.. Hate to cut things short but I've got to go. I'll see you around?"
Report Spam   Logged

Ain't nobody got time for dat!
Pat

Shark

View Profile
Level 4 One year Anniversary Level 3
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 06:39:49 pm »

Claire's spirit looked revitalized too upon seeing Axel's mood uplift again.  She gave a nod in agreement.

"Yeah. It was nice meeting you! Hope you stick around some."
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: