Ensnared
March 28, 2024, 11:51:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Big changes are coming soon!  Keep an eye open for more information!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Resurface Book 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resurface Book 1  (Read 510 times)
Rin

Procrastinating Writer/Mad Scientist

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Spammer 25 Posts in one day One year Anniversary
« on: September 13, 2012, 05:43:46 am »

Original Date: 3/29/06
Rewritten: 6/17/06
Resurface
By: Rin Alikylan Sakimura
Revised by Kharris Kyryn

"Pirates have been spotted around here," he said pointing ahead as they neared said region. "Well one anyway." He swallowed hard before explaining, straightening out his uniform. "It was a young girl about nineteen, burning down villages and stealing goods from port towns and merchant ships. Traitor to us all, we had to become a port city because of that damn girl. She has destroyed many cities on the sea but we will catch her."

"That's all she did," the girl he was explaining it to smiled, "you're lucky." she saw the man arch an eyebrow at her.
"Usually she kills the people along with the village Captain. Do you really think you and those twenty other me could've stopped her?" her smile widened, "Haven't you heard the tales the fisherman and bar flies speak of? Or are you too frightened to listen to tales. You might even think they're ghost stories."

"Tales?" he asked nervously, eyeing the girl. "No. I don't listen to that rubbish that they speak." His voice changed to a fake bravery. "And yes, we can stop her, it's only one pirate girl. Nothing hard about that at all, seeing she is alone and probably an extremely weak fighter." he laughed.

The girl snickered lowly. "Ah there's your problem." she sensed it in his voice change as well. "She's an exceptional fighter. Killed millions of men in one slash of her blade. She did it all by herself. So are you sure you can outwit her? Especially seeing how slow you are." He blinked and she grinned.

The captain laughed as he heard this. It was all rubbish to him, trash. No girl could, in fact, kill millions. It was impossible, very impossible. No one in any land had done this so what could make this the truth? The girl was lying, making up more trash probably to try and impress him. Or maybe it was to show how brave she was before his army came and took her away. She did look like the pirate girl in a way.

As painstakingly long as this was taking, the girl they were questioning remained steady. She shook her head slightly at the captain's comments as an urge rose from the bottom of her gut. Her hand layed on the hilt of her blade, cold cerulean eyes stared at him as if trying to telekinetic ally burn him from the inside. She would prove his theories wrong, being the one who was right, that it was possible. Not only has she seen it, she had done it. All she had to do was wait patiently for the other twenty men to arrive. She snickered again, gaining suspicion from her watchers. But she didn't care. They would share the fate of so many before them soon enough and that's all that matter.
About an hour later, the men arrived on another wooden ship. They ran up in an orderly line and waited for the captain's orders. They eyed the girl then the captain. They wondered what was going on since the girl wasn't in handcuffs or tied up with rope. She was just standing there like a free citizen when unlike the captain they had somewhat of an idea of who she was but they could not speak without the captain saying so. So their words remained quieted. If they had spoken they would have had a chance to escape their fate. But it was too late.

Without hesitating, she drew her blade slicing the mortals around her in one slash. Their limp corpses fell in a heap onto each other, sending immediate chills into the still living. Most froze in their spots as a few had the courage to run, armed with whatever weapons they were able to draw. Tripping over each other, they scrambled away causing the girl to laugh in satisfaction. Some were even getting wounded or killed by others panicked actions. She simply sliced them to ribbons in one quick slash, crimson splashing out onto the warm earth and onto her dark outfit. The blade went through too fast to gain any blood at all. It was how she worked and she loved it with great satisfaction.
Another small snicker crept up her throat as she turned back to the captain. Stagnant in fear, he layed on the ground, breathing lightly, almost not at all. 'Is that enough for you?' her stare said without words. She walked the short distance to him and pointed the sword’s tip to his jugular. Her midnight eyes stared deeply into his mind, piercing its crevices. The blade traced gently down the middle, a trail of blood followed obeyingly behind. He gasped accidently pressing the tip further into his flesh, opening his trachea. The lack of air forced him to fall completely and the colour of his skin to flush and return blue. He didn't have the chance to even fight back; it was too quick that these events happened.

"Sorry," she half-grinned. 'That one was your damn fault." She squatted down wearing a grin. "Now," thinking aloud she made him more uncomfortable. "Should I do this quickly?" His eyes rolled back into his skull. "Why the hell not?" She forced the rest of the blade through, a small spurt of scarlet found its way out with the rest flowing freely around the cold metal, soaking into his clothing. She was almost laughing.

She thrust it out and shook it briskly once to rid it of the unworthy blood. Standing and glancing over what she had done, she sheathed the shined metal into the leather hold at her waist. Proof enough, she poured gasoline over the entire mass of corpses and lit a match. Jumping into a far docked ship, she tossed the burning splint of wood onto the port and watched it explode into a ball of Hell-sent flames. Casting the ship to float onto the sea, she layed on the bow watching the severed rope pull up the salty substance before returning her gaze to the growing fire...

~*~

Three long-passed years ago today that happened. A tiny ship sailed towards Rhys. Salt scented wind blew through the torn dark fabric of its sails. All it carried was a lone pirate girl, unaged from the incident. The name of that belonged to her was Rai Saimiricho. Plundering villages to survive and burning them down to leave no evidence is how she lived. Not as if evidence could help her many enemies kill her but it was something to do to pass her time. She did this alone. The crew she once had died long ago under unexplained circumstances. But it had no effect on her lifestyle. She could still kill in one slash as well as her blade remained unstained and sharp. Rhys is where she would find him, a man who knew...Well the elders who had sent her here hadn't said exactly just to come here and find a man...a human man of all people.

Shaking her head, Rai looked around. Her black-pink hair fell to her ankles, unbraided today. Being a half-breed of demon and elf gave her special features, including extremely slow aging, pointed ears that were super sensitive to noise and had very sharp hearing and pointed nails, large silvery white wings...and other in-human details. Her shined velvet eyes hidden behind cerulean blue contacts gazed out into the increasingly close horizon. The small fact she was being hunted by almost the entire world of slightly brave beings only made her laugh. Laughing to herself, she leaned on the higher most mast until the ship guided itself to Rhys. She yawned bored of sailing for days with nothing to do.

Finally before she fell asleep standing, she reached Rhys and jumped out onto the port, not making a sound in its creaky wood slats and leaving the ship unanchored she headed north to find the 'destined' one. He would be here or so she had been told. Rai lit her cigarette and smoked it as she walked. She thought of downing this village like she had done with Salias Port three years ago when she was ravaging lands.

As soon as she stepped one foot onto the new region's soil, she was stared at by the humans as if she had stepped on a bomb or a switch. Playing no heed to the many eyes that had fallen their gaze onto her; she lowered her hat in front of her own, shading them from the blazing sun. Her sword swung with her daggers with each step. She didn't mind the stares, it wasn't the first time this had happened to her.

Rai did business her way, meaning if you were human at any percent, you would be dead before you hit the ground. Every cell of her body hated humans each holding their grudge against the damned useless race. She never fit in with the humans, knowing she belonged alone and that's how it would always be. The language they spoke was even more irritating to the half-breed, causing her to plan on ridding the world of that and the race it belonged to soon enough. The heat difference from here and the snowy village she used to live in made her thoughts stir. She hadn't had a chance to adapt to the extreme heat. She had been traveling a lot since the downfall of the war and hadn't come here until now.

A young man, tall and muscular stood outside his hut. He had beautiful long black-platinum hair and green hued eyes that sparkled in the sunlight. Beads of sweat trickled down his forehead as he dropped the logs he had been carrying onto a pile that leaned against the hut. Spotting Rai, she glanced back at him. He didn't know what to expect since no one had come to see him since the death of his parents years ago.

"Ah a woodsman." she said, noticing the salty smell emitting into the air from his sweat. Her nose wrinkled slightly. She thought she was used to the scent with all the oceans she had been on. "At least you are good with a sword or an axe or whatever. Whichever you prefer 'destined one' just as long as you're able to use it." she turned her rude stare to the small structure. "Nice hut. Build it yourself boy? Seems you have some skills that might come in handy with me along the way. If you manage to survive that is. The sea is harsh to many you see."

"What do you want disgraceful pirate?" he asked almost glaring. "What is it you desire in Rhys besides stealing and destroying it?" he quickly scanned her to determine how dangerous she was but alas he was unable to figure her out. Unlike any other visitor that had came to Rhys.

Her tail swayed in interest. "The search of the 'destined one' boy." she inhaled a drag of her cigarette before flicking it away. "The one to save us all from the coming darkness." her voice held no enthusiasm at all, showing how much she cared for the pathetic race. "That would be you--And if I choose to plunder and burn, it ain't none of your damn business woodsman!" her narrowed at him as if she wanted to kill him.

"But who are you?' he threw down his axe, sending it into the stump he sliced the logs on.”And why help the very humans you seem to hate so much? Why don't you go ask a demon or a vampire?" He glared again and picked up his axe and set another log to be split. "I'm busy at the moment girl!" He brought up the blade and back down again onto the wood, splitting it in two, casting aside the halves in both directions.

"I am Rai Saimiricho, sent by the damn elders! True I hate your race, as I told them, but they have chosen you as the one to do it." she sighed and watched another half of wood hit the pile, making one move slightly out of place before hitting the ground. "Listen Rin Orichima. You must do it. You--" but before she could finish that sentence he gave her an annoying glare that stopped her from speaking just then it seemed.

"Got no choice in the matter? Well," he stood up straight as he tossed aside the newly cut pieces into the pile now, "you're wrong and so are your elders. How do you know my name when I didn't even tell you?!" he yelled angrily, turning back to her. "Go back to your human free home and leave me be. I will not accompany you to some adventure that will probably get me killed or horribly maimed because you said."

Rai instinctively grabbed his arm gently, her dark eyes staring coldly at him. She explained in detail of what the elders told her. All except her part in the matter. She had no care in telling him what she had to do once they had reached their destination. Rai also mentioned that she would [and didn't want to be but was forced] be his guardian until they reached Athentha. Rin growled and pushed the half-breed away in anger, staring at her. Rai glared back, exactly deadly as if ready to strike and was pushed against the hut's front wall. Rin did this with ease.
She quickly slipped away and kicked his left shin. Taking an offensive stance as he turned, she quickly jabbed at his throat as a threat but somehow was stopped. Rin had blocked her attack with his left arm as if it was nothing. Rai looked shocked; in all her traveling she had never met a human who could block any of her attacks. He spoke softly that he wasn't going with her, not even if Hell froze over. He said he was staying in Rhys and not going on a crazy adventure with a half-breed who would probably want to kill him. Rai did the thing she did best, walk away. She would never bargain or try to with a human. It would be the last thing she ever did. She would die before doing that.

"You're making a mistake Rin..." she said as she stood on the path now, "if you just walk away now."

"Athenthian..." Rin said looking at her, "you have to be. You wear their soldiers’ outfit." Rai shrugged as if it didn't matter what she wore. In fact she had stolen the outfit from a dead solider. "What would an Athenthian be doing on a quest? Don't you guys have a war or something to occupy your time?"

"Bite me," she said. "I'm here because of you and because of the damn Lyonessians who don't know what the hell they are doing and decide to awaken evil." she said this bluntly and lit a cigarette blowing smoke in the air, as she took a long drag of it. "I am here because the elders decided it was time to do something about it--though it isn't them who are doing it. But the ones they like placing quests on because they are lazy."

"That doesn't answer my question you know." he said with a sigh. "Can't you at least tell me if you're Athenthian? Or maybe you're not and just stole that uniform so you could escape your land and become a pirate." Rai glared at him as if she was going to kill him destined one or not.

"Go to hell," she replied. "I am what of it human? Does it please you to have your questions answered so we can waste time so the Lyonessians can finish us all off? Or is it just for fun to ask pointless questions? I didn't just leave my land for adventuring--I left it to save everyone."

That was all she had left to say before Rin agreed to help. She told him to wait there while she secretly plundered the village. When she was about to throw the match, he stopped her. Displeased and disgusted with herself, Rai led him to her ship. They climbed into it and sailed off towards Hawthorne, city of dark. Rai steered her ship as Rin sat there. He looked up once or twice wondering why they headed to Hawthorne and not Athentha itself. Seems she wanted to waste time herself maybe? Questions ran through his head now but he knew Rai wouldn't answer them. It seemed she liked living and being alone. He had seen her ship when they had boarded it, a tiny ship built for one. But what happened to the crew? He wondered, did she kill them? Rai just shrugged them off, she hated personal questions. It made people know more about her and she wanted to live in mystery, she didn't need pointless questions that would follow. Rai knew it was better to not say anything.

Rin wondered if Rai was from Athentha. She hadn't said a word about it yet. And maybe she wasn't going to. She wore the solider outfit though it was tattered and torn especially the official seal. Plus blood was dried on it. Maybe she killed the man who was wearing it and stole away on his ship. He didn't know. Rai wouldn't answer him every time he asked about it. Maybe it was a land you weren't suppose to speak about? She avoided it because it was a personal question and she knew he'd keep asking questions after she said something. So Rai sailed on, keeping Rin at a comfortable distance. Rin wondered why she hated human so much and why she didn't kill him yet. Maybe she was waiting until they reached Hawthorne. Rin didn't trust her as much as she didn't trust him. Meaning it would be a long journey ahead for them.

"Elders reside in Hawthorne is that why we are going there?" Rin asked. "Instead of going to Athentha. A side trip and you said you hated wasting--then why you spend your time coming to Rhys and disturbing the peace besides scorching it to the earth?" Rai shook her head at that.

"To get you idiot. The elders want--wish to speak to us before we go and get ourselves killed. You know give us information and what not." she said. "To test you to see if you really are the chosen one. If not, then I'll just take you out with my blade and go look for the real one."

"Test?! What the hell? No one said anything about me being tested. You just like surprising the hell out of me don't ya? Rai you are a horrible distrusting lady! I want off this damn boat and to be back in Rhys immediately! Turn your ship around pirate girl! Well come on and do--"

"Shut up."

Rin growled as they reached the dock of Hawthorne. She pushed him along in silence. She led him down a tiny path, so small that they had to walk single file. Rin didn't enjoy being forced to see elders he had never seen or heard of before. And especially by a devious pirate who almost burnt down his home. The sun was beginning to set as the continued to walk, the wind blowing softly making the little puffs of grass buried on the dirt sway back and forth. Rai looked back at Rin and shook her head as she laughed. Leading up to the elders’ home, Rin wondered if Rai would burn down Hawthorne like Salias Port and Reyahanna Island. She pointed to an area, hidden behind a small fence, layed after was a building that the elders resided in. Rin followed her as she walked on, leading the way. 'Maybe.' he thought, 'it's a trap to kill me.' Rai shook her head. These elders didn't kill people; unfortunately they worked on the side of good and judged the living which annoyed her.

Walking up the dirt path, Rai looked back at Rin and shook her head again. She did not get why the elders needed a human. Humans were dishonest greedy selfish bastards to her and she didn't like them. Rin wondered why Rai didn't just attack him yet. She had proved she didn't like him back in Rhys when she attacked him to get him to listen to her. If she hated humans so much, why didn't she kill him? Was she obeying the elders’ orders or something? He didn't know. Rai tapped him as she opened the door. Rin walked in and she followed closing the door. The elders sat around a small table, candles were lit everywhere as Rai and Rin looked around. Papers, scrolls, books, pens layed scattered as the elders read on. Rin glanced at Rai as she leaned against the wall, arms crossed. The oldest elder stood up, his oversized cloaked covered him, lying on the ground as well. Rai glanced at him, her cold stare sent chills up his spine. He came near her, taking the contacts out of her eyes.

"Ah you have grown Rai," elder Yazahu said. "Since the peaceful days of Athentha, you have hidden your true self. Even after the death of your family, you have become even more distant to your own homeland. Even to us your council and guardians." He pushed the hair out of Rai's eyes. "But that doesn't exclude you from the horrible things you have done child and you must own your responsibility to them you see."
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hardest Thing We Have to Do, Is Face The Darkest Thing... Ourselves, Our Fears and The Heart..."

Finished Book 2. Now time for some good RP, Science and Muffins. Open for RP. Mad Scientist Plotting the World's End <3

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Rin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 05:49:37 am »

"Hmph. That's what you said last time I came here to see you lazy bums," Rai said coldly. Rin stood there jaw dropped seeing her talk so rudely to elders. "And what of it? If you say things like that, does it change things? I did what you asked, brought you a human to fulfill your damn prophecy. Now I am going since I finished my task and you seem to wish to have only humans do your dirty work. Good luck human."

"Rai sit!"yelled elder Yairu and she sat. "Now we have seen your destruction. The un-needed violence as you plunder and burned villages. The merciless killing of innocents just because--" Rai gave him a cold stare that made him change the subject. "You also are responsible for the murder of elder Alrea. You are to be judged--we will watch you as you accompany this human to Athentha, you show us one good deed and you'll be free of your crimes child--" he turned around as Rin watched on, unsure of what would happen next between the two and sighed.

"And if I don't help the human? You'll drag out a sentence only you see fit? Why don't you get off your asses and do something to help the lands for once elders." she said this without a care, making Rin gasp. He had never seen such disrespect towards another. "Besides who said you ruled over every living creature? You don't. But I'll definitely think about it." And with that it fell silent; no one made a sound, too afraid to.

Rai walked outside and down the path to a little store. Back inside, Rin stared at the elders, all eight of them. One of them walked towards him, his bony hand landed on Rin's shoulder as he grinned. He [the elder] made him sit down and stared at him. His name was Azarath, the eldest one. He had piercing green hued eyes and long grey hair. He made Rin nervous as he did anyone because no one was sure about him. He pulled a book out, an old one with the Athenthian seal on it. Rin watched Azarath flip through it and shake his head seems something was on his mind. He [the elder] threw the book at him and sat down now besides Rin. He sighed knowing that the human knew nothing.

"That child has been a nuisance since she was born. Following only herself and her selfish ways," Azarath said annoyed, "Now when we give her a chance to redeem herself, she throws it away as its nothing. If it wasn't for needing you, she wouldn't have come here at all; she would have remained a pirate like Yazu has told us." Rin said nothing; he didn't understand what the elder meant. Was he just used to bring Rai back, he didn't know. "But as long as you're here you should know why. It is only fair. You see, long ago during the beginning of the lands of Athentha, Rowan, Talia and Rhys, there were many people living peaceful and prosperous, all except Athentha. You see something--"

"Happened there," Yairu said. "It seems that the people there had found out a couple had been practicing black magic and dark magic. Since the lands were full of peace they outlawed that. So when they found out that this was happening they decided to kill them. They went to their house and did the horrible deed, and as it was being done, they placed a horrible curse on the land. Years later, it grew in the depths--"

"Of Athentha," Yazahu said. "It grew until it was able to take form of the monster known as Hamaguri. We have been able to keep it locked away but now it seems he has been able to break the seal and awaken. That's why we need you as did we Guriat, a human who becomes a hero and saves us. But humans don't know where Athentha is, only ones born there and that's where Rai comes in, she was born there."

Rin nodded understanding a bit. It seemed that in order to ever go back to Rhys, he would have to go Athentha with Rai and seal this Hamaguri guy back into the depths. Seemed easy to Rin...well that's what he thought but he was so wrong. Rin exited the building to eye Rai and a girl against the fence. He walked up to them; the girl was blabbering off about something that didn't seem important. Rai didn't look happy like usual. Rin approached them slowly, incase Rai decided to attack him again.

Rai looked at him coldly. Getting up, she sheathed her bloody blade and the girl next to her jumped a bit thinking she would be next. Rai laughed seeing her reaction. Rin didn't get it and shrugged as Rai shifted her eyebrow at him. The girl smiled and waved at the weird human as she now eyed him. The pirate walked ahead as the other two followed. She walked up to the man who owns a nice boat unsheathing her dagger. The man eyed Rai and grabbed his gun. But he was too slow as she sliced him in half without blinking. Rin's eyes widen, he didn't expect her to kill anyone. Wait a minute, he did see it coming. This was after all, a murderous plundering pirate.

Boarding the ship, Rin tapped Rai's shoulder and she turned around. The girl skipped after them. She said her name was Kisanata Oguchi and she wanted to join Rai's crew. Rai chuckled and agreed raising her eyebrow at Rin when he asked. She laughed and shook her head, saying he was just a tag-a-long and wouldn't be needed afterward. His eyes widen thinking of what the elders had said again. She will lead you there but I wouldn't trust her, she might have to kill you in the end... It rang in his ears. The elders took a good forty five minutes explaining about Rai. She patted his head chuckling and walked up to the steering wheel. Then as they sailed away, Hawthorne exploded in a big fiery explosion. Rai laughed as Rin shook his head. Kisanata's face gleamed with delightment. Rin knew the elders wouldn't like this but then again how could they? They were just oblitered by Rai. She didn't care as the tiny ship sailed on towards Ivy Moon. There in the huge town Rai would get the money to get them to Athentha. They didn't have much time, it was already hunting them down, making the humans turn against each other. Kisanata laughed when Rai said this. But she knew, there wasn't time to waste, that they had to get to Athentha before it fully got out. Then it happened, Kisanata had fallen into the ocean as she had tried to grab the string attached to the end of the ship. Rai pulled her out as seagulls began to gather around the mast.

"Damn seagulls," said Rai. "Always flying around. Gathering here means danger--meaning we're gonna run into a giant squid or worse." Rai looked at them. "You do know magick right?"

"What?!" Rin yelled, "Magick?! I'm a human, of course I don't! But you two must because you are demons--Great danger, just what I need after everything else."

"Rai, does he always bitch and whine like that? Damn hero, it’s just a squid. It won't harm you--much. Just bash you around a bit or eat you."

Rai just shook her head and pulled out explosives. She only had three explosives left and cursed loudly. Rin eyed Kisanata and watched her play with string. He thought that was odd. Rai looked out to sea as a squid appeared; she then looked at Kisanata and Rin. She shook her head and threw a grenade at the squid as it tried to eat the boat. It exploded one of its tentacles and it roared in pain. She yelled at them to attack the squid then.
Kisanata then got into action. She grinned and got close enough as she charged herself. Then she threw her arms out straight and lightning came out of them hitting the squid and another tentacle fell off. Rin grabbed his pistol, [because he's a human and they don't have cool weapons] and shot at it fast, more tentacles falling off. Rai threw another grenade at it as it grabbed her almost as a man came falling out of the other tentacle he was in. Kisanata grabbed a dagger and jumped onto the squid and ripped it into the head of it with the dagger blood squirting out of it as she jumped back onto the ship. It fell into the ocean dead. The man who fell onto Rai's boat stood up and looked at them. It seemed he knew one of them. He pulled out his sword and pointed it at Rai's neck as if he was pinning her so she couldn't move.

"Well, well if it isn't Rai Saimiricho, the mongrel pirate," the man said, "Feared pirate of the seas and her crew. A human and a demon--how cute. New recruits eh? So easy to replace the old ones isn't it Saimiricho? To let others die so you can continue to live so you can continue killing. How quaint."

"And you are?" Rai said annoyed. "And why is it any of your business what I do? I didn't choose them, the elders chose the damn human and this one tagged along so you can lower your god damn blade from me and you can go back to playing pirates. Children shouldn't be out here when dangerous things can swallow you whole."

"Don't remember do you Rai?" the man asked. "What a pity you don't remember the man whose home you destroy on one of your pillaging and burning adventures--The elders chose a pitiful and worthless creature over us? A mere human eh? They must be decrepit and out of their minds. We must go--"

"Can't." Rin said, "Genius here blew up the island." He pointed to Rai. "So you can't go back. Who are you anyways and why are pointing that at Rai? Did she blow up your home too?"

"I just said that idiot. And that's oblivious. Rai can't help blowing up people's homes. That one is destructive. Always has been. I am Sindane and who are you two? Rai's new crew I suppose or captives?"

"Rin Orichima and this is Kisanata Oguchi, we are friends of Rai and we are helping her sail to Athentha. That's where we're going." He got whapped upside the head by Rai and he rubbed his head. "What?"

"Yeah, just tell him everything so he can report it Rin. Idiot. Kisanata tie up our friend Sindane here. Can't let him go, he'll tell his leader on us. Plus where ever he is his no good brother is sure to be around. That means keep up your guards unless you want to die."

Kisanata grabbed the rope and wrapped it around Sindane. He let out a growl as Rai held her blade at him. She told Rin and Kisanata to leave them and she watched them go to their rooms. She had to deal with Sindane alone. It was a personal thing that she thought she had gotten rid of before and now came back to bite her in the ass. He looked up at her, her sword raised at his chest. Her eyes suddenly darted upwards at the man standing on the ledge of her boat. She lowered her blade, letting a low growl out. He walked past Sindane and up to Rai grabbing her by her neck tight.
He didn't let go as she stared at him. Rin and Kisanata watched as the man stared at Rai. She grinned, almost snickered at him. He unsheathed his blade and held it at her neck, as he ordered Rin to untie Sindane. Rin came out of hiding and obeyed hearing Rai called him an idiot and such. Then Sindane had tied him and somehow Kisanata [no one knows how that happened] up. He watched the man and Rai; he pushed his sword more into her neck. He bared his fangs at the pirate, showing his complete hatred of her and Sindane backed up against the ledge of the boat. The man pushed Rai against the door and now as he dropped his blade, he held her arms and hissed at her in hatred.

"A pirate now, are you, Rai?" he asked, "Before you were a ninja, why become a god damn pirate. Where you gonna go on some worthless adventure and find buried treasure like the real pirates? Or is this just all a god damn joke Rai?"

"How does everyone know my damn life?" Rai asked staring at the man, "Did the elders tell you everything about me? About being a washed up ninja I became a pirate? Or did you just fucking guess? If it was a joke, do you think the human would be here? And alive? No. So you and Sindane--"

"Rai don't tell me that. You never told me the truth about anything--especially when it dealt with you," he said baring his fangs. "Rai you let me die! You let that man come and make me this you bitch! Because you had to leave so suddenly. Because you couldn't wait to be a god damn pirate you left us all behind to die. I had to become something I didn't want to be because that man was trying to find you and he found me instead! I still remember it all."

"So you blame me for being so weak? Typical. So you're gonna kill me to get vengeance? So you can right the wrong deeds I have done? Just leave the human alone; he's the one the elders chose to save us all. Can your little brain understand that? Or should I leave you a small memo? Seeing how everything else I told you; you forgot already."

The man loosened his grip at those words. A human had been chosen instead of demons and elves. But now the elders wanted a human of all races. He looked at Sindane and he nodded. The man slapped Rai in the face and she fell to the ground. He told Sindane to sail the ship forward and told Rai he was taking over her ship. Rai was pissed as she growled; she ran at the man and bit his arm hard drawing blood. His cold eyes stared at her as Kisanata and Rin ran up the stairs and jumped onto his boat and sailed away towards Athentha. Rai had told them to do this if something like this happened. The man cursed as Sindane ran after them but he missed and fell into the ocean. Another man had jumped onto her boat now.

Each of them had her surrounded. Rai eyed each of them with a smirk. She grinned as she pulled out some ice needles and shot them at one of the men. He dodged it with his arm as they were stuck into it. The pirate placed her hands on the ground and chanted some words as two fire pillars came up from the ground and rammed into him from both sides. As they vanished, the man fell to his knees barely alive. She picked him by the neck and shook her head as she dug her hand into his chest and pulled out his heart dropping the dead body now. Then a man held a gun at her making her pause. Probably bounty hunters, she thought. After her bounty or just come to annoy her like years before--when Kharris tried to keep her on Ivy Moon. She raised her hand, throwing them into the wall. Standing up, Rai looked over the two men silent. One looked familiar.

"So you thought you could outnumber and outwit me eh?" Rai asked laughing, "Didn't work did it. Since he is dead, you let him die. Didn't lift a finger to help him when he was on fire or when he was about to die. How nice you people are. I hope you aren't his friends. That make you a bunch of sorry--Sindane, dead because of selfishness pity. Now I can only suspect one of you is Kharris and the other is a complete stranger." she eyed the other one and snickered.

"So who are you?"

"Gareth and you must be Rai. And yes Sindane's dead, you killed him. We didn't save him because we weren't instructed to save weak pitiful people. And yes he is Kharris. We have come to find you and arrest you murderous pirate. Your crew jumped off and left you here for us." He came near Rai. "Even if we have to use force. The man leading us has asked for your capture. Kharris tie her up; we have a long way to go."

"You joined them eh Kharris? After all your talk of hatred for them you become one of them. Or where you just trying to impress me with your big talk? Lying to me, always were, and now you're helping them!" Rai growled and sat there glaring at them. "Traitor! I hate you Kharris! I hope you enjoyed it, it won't last long you know."

"Rai--why do you say such hateful things to me? Why are you so hateful? So bitter. I came all this way to find you and you turn on me. I didn't join them to help them, just to find you. You left me standing there after you left to become a pirate, never letting me ask to come with you. And so when I heard a group of people talking about you--" he paused and looked at her, "I joined them but I told them I would not help them. I didn't betray you, I would never. I am not that stupid. I had no--"

"Kharris you're a liar. You always were," Gareth said. "To protect yourself to find the girl, you lied and said you wanted to help us capture her. And now she's killed your loyal brother to try and stop us. But you won't be able to half-breed, my master--" he paused laughing and tied her up. "Won't allow you."

Gareth watched as the ship hit the dock. He forced the two off of it and walked down the dirt road. Rai looked at Kharris and shook her head. She was in disbelief and hatred him even more. She hoped that Kisanata and Rin were safe, and on their way to Athentha. Kharris sighed and walked ahead as did Rai. Gareth smirked as he led them to a small building. He made them walk in from a small back entrance. Rai and Kharris wondered what would happen next.
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hardest Thing We Have to Do, Is Face The Darkest Thing... Ourselves, Our Fears and The Heart..."

Finished Book 2. Now time for some good RP, Science and Muffins. Open for RP. Mad Scientist Plotting the World's End <3
Rin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 06:03:42 am »

~*~

Rin pulled on Kisanata's sleeve and stood up. They had reached a small port called Birch Port. Southeast of Ivy Moon it lay. Rin looked around seeing people that he didn't recognize. Kisanata eyed a fruit stand and skipped up to it merrily. Rin followed cautiously and watched her. She picked up an apple and ate it as she asked for directions to Ivy Moon. Rin hit his head and yelled. Kisanata said she was going to save Rai, since they were friends. Rin said Rai wanted them to go to Athentha.

Kisanata shook her head. She liked Rai and wanted to help save her unlike Rin. Rin grabbed Kisanata and dragged her to the dock and stole a bigger ship. Kisanata, who wasn't very bright, had done the smart thing and gathered supplies. Rin sailed the ship towards Ivy Moon because he realized, Kisanata was a demon who could kill him easily. So they had to go save Rai. As the ship sailed, Rin walked around the ship, humming. He was trying to come up with a plan.

"Rin what are you doing?" Kisanata asked, "Do you think we'll reach Ivy Moon in time to save Rai? I wonder why those goons kidnapped her--did they kill her yet? Hopefully she spilled lots of blood. What a sight to see, blood everywhere."

"Is that all you ever think about? Death and spilling of blood? I mean can't you at least think of something cheery for once Kisanata? And I really don't know but hopefully she is alright."

"Pretty much, besides killing. Rai hates your kind and yet she's allowing you to travel with us to Athentha. I think she is the crazy one; she should have killed you by now. But then again we would be short one hero."

Rin sighed as the ship sailed on. Why did Rai spare him if she hated people? Besides being the hero, he had no use to them. Rai was a complicated half-breed, who sole purpose was to ericate the entire human population before it did her. Rin felt kinda lucky she didn't kill him but it wasn't that much. He had no home to go to now; people had seen him leave with a demon, meaning he could become one himself. So he could stay with Rai or maybe they would leave him on an island perhaps. But then he realized what Rai had said before. He was a tag a-long and wouldn't be needed. Did that mean he was going to die? He didn't know.

The tiny ship reached a silent side of the island marked Ivy Moon by mid afternoon. Rin and Kisanata jumped off the boat as it sank. Kisanata smiled as she waved goodbye to the ship and he hit his head again. They walked towards an inn to rest and eat. Rin sat on the bed as Kisanata layed down and instantly fell asleep. Rin's thoughts went back to why he was even here. Did this adventure mean he was going to die at the end of it when they were done? He had no idea as he layed down. He thought a good night's rest would ease his mind.

~*~

"Now it's time to meet the one who will choose your fate pirate wench," Gareth said. "You get to die here in the place you left so long ago. Isn't that nice that you'll finally be out of our way so we can let Hamaguri out. And of course you'll be after Kharris for betraying us. Ah here he comes now."

A shadow layed there for a minute then began to form. The shadow formed into a figure who sat in a throne like chair. He was completely formed, his big black wings rested against the wall. His black eyes stared at Rai and Kharris as he stood. His long black hair fell against his back as he took his cloak off. Gareth bowed then left the room. Rai walked up to the man growling and Kharris held her back. The man laughed and she bared her fangs hissing at him. Kharris tried to calm her down but it didn't work. The man walked up to her and grabbed her by the neck.

Kharris moved back as he held Rai in the air. She kicked at him but dodged it and laughed at her. Rai bit the man's arm and latched on to it. He punched her in the stomach and she gritted her teeth in pain. Kharris told him to stop and the man placed her down. He then layed his eyes on Kharris, throwing him into a wall hard. Rai, a bit dazed sat up and looked at him as he punched Kharris again and again in the stomach. She grabbed ice needles from her bag and threw them at the man. They pierced his cloak, as pieces of fabric fell off. She pulled out earth needles and threw those at him too. The man yelled in pain as Rai crawled over to Kharris. She growled.

"Enough!" she yelled. "This isn't necessary to fight. You will just explain why we are here eh? So we can leave and get on with saving the world." She pulled a cigarette out and lit it, taking a long drag of it and blew a perfect smoke ring in the air. "Frankly you're boring the hell out of me."

"Rai do you know who the hell he is? And he just beat us. Do you go around just saying anything to anyone?" Kharris said, staring at her as she smoked her cigarette. "He's the leader of Ivy Moon now."

"And your point is?" Rai asked, "So what? He is a leader--I've killed leaders and burned their villages. Kharris it's no big deal of what people are as long as I can kill them and that's the fun part."

"Aha so it is you pirate," said the man. "Then I should kill you right here. But then again if you're who you say you are, then those damn elders sent you. Why would a pirate come by her own free will?" he laughed, "Gareth told me of your betrayal Kharris. How you only used us to find the girl. When you said you would join us you were lying then as you were lying on Ivy Moon. Did you think I'd never find out eh? Too bad for you isn't it?"

"Are you all dumb?" Kharris asked, "I said in the beginning I am no joining just looking for a ship to borrow to find Rai--not to capture her. And besides the elders didn't speak of you, but the evil in Athentha dumbass. So what if Gareth said anything--He'd rather kiss your ass than fight us both."

Rai laughed at that as she put her cigarette out in the man's cloak. He slapped her in the face and she laughed even more. Kharris stared at the man and shook his head. He wondered how Rai changed since she left Ivy Moon. Also he wondered why Saku brought them to such an idiotic man who had no damn clue what he was doing. Kharris chuckled and shook his head. Rai watched the two and wondered if the man was infatuated with Kharris. She began to laugh at that thought. Kharris raised his eyebrow at her now.

And so did the man. Rai shrugged and pulled out another cigarette and lit it. She smoked it slowly and kept her eyes on them both. Kharris held his sword at the man and he laughed throwing it at the wall. Rai shook her head and decided to leave when the man grabbed her by her neck and held tight. Kharris took a step and he just tightened his grip. He stopped and bared his fangs at Kharris then laughed. Rai flicked her cigarette at the man and it hit his eye. Kharris and Rai laughed as he screamed like a girl and in pain. After a few minutes, he collected himself and threw her again, into a wall. Kharris then yelled and everyone froze.

"Enough!" Kharris yelled. "This is just wasting time! Unless that's your intention then you better hurry the hell up and tell us why we are here!" He looked at Rai and then at man in anger. "I had enough of your stupidity and bullshit am about to leave!"

"Kharris, don't you remember the legends of Hamaguri?" the man asked. "How he had awaken because the hero didn't get there in time. Well I'm keeping you here until he awakes in Athentha. But seeing Gareth didn't bring him here, you will have to do." He bared his fangs as Rai sat up and shook it off. "Now you get to be my dinner." he laughed again.

"Great. Just freaking great. Some asshole punk takes over my ship, attacks me, makes my crew run off and takes us here to meet up with a complete dumbass who wants to kill us so he can revive Hamaguri. Well you can go back to Hell, dinner has been cancelled."

Rai smirked as she pulled out some fire needles and threw them at the man. They had burned his skin as the flesh slowly healed. She muttered seeing this and clapped her hands together. As she did this, two wind pillars slowly rose from the ground and stood inches from the man. With a wave of her hand, the pillars rammed into him, shattering his bones. But yet the man stood. It irritated her to the point of drawing her blade and running at the man. She jumped up the wall like  a blazing wind and flipped in the air over the man, as she did she slashed him down his back as she landed hard on her feet. The man coughed up blood as he fell to the ground dead. Kharris stared at her in amazement.
Kharris followed her as she left the building. He was silent. Rai had changed and he didn't know why. It bothered him though. He loved her, didn’t she? Maybe he thought that she thought he had abandoned her. But how? She had left without him; she had left him on Ivy Moon without saying a word. Or maybe he thought she knew he would get in the way of her new lifestyle. He didn't know as they entered an inn, as Rai rudely grabbed a key to a room and walked up the stairs. Kharris followed still silent and entered her room, slamming the door shut. Rai looked at him, cigarette hanging in her mouth. She said nothing, hair in her eyes until she pushed it away.

"So now we wait until Kisanata and Rin show up. Then we will head to Athentha," Rai said. Then she looked at Kharris. "So why are you hanging around? You can rule here and leave me to my so called pilgrimage like before Kharris. Don't worry about me; I will manage like usual, unless your desire is to come---which never happened before now."

"Damn it Rai, here we go again with that bullshit," he said almost yelling. "You seemed like you wanted to go by yourself. You didn't even ask me!" Kharris leaned against the wall, arms crossed, he looked away. "Why rule something that wasn't mine to begin with? That doesn't make me happy or keep the one I want here? Rai I didn't want you to go but you didn't let me come with you. And that is why--why you changed?"

"No. Not that reason Kharris." she got up walking up to Kharris and lifted his chin so their eyes met. It was the first time in years both could see each other's eyes so perfectly, so clearly. Rai didn't like what was happening. That she was opening up and having emotions again after carefully closing her heart. "Remember what I said when I was here, beside you in this goddamn room--about the humans? I returned to Rowan to discover it was scorched. That it was reduced to nothing. My home was destroyed by humans. For they had burned it down and killed the race, it was horrible."

Kharris held her as outside it began to rain. She looked outside and shook her head. Kharris went downstairs to retrieve dinner. She lit a cigarette and sat on the bed. Pulling out the pouch of money, she dumped it on the bed and counted it. She smiled know the money was stolen from the man. It was six thousand and five hundred coins. She leaned against the wall. Looking out the window she saw the rain, meaning she was stuck her for the night. She shuddered and then looked straight ahead again. Smoking her cigarette she thought about Kisanata and Rin. Were they alive or dead? Did they make it to Athentha? What she didn't know was they were down the hall in the last room. Putting her cigarette out, she placed the money back in a small pouch on her belt as lightning danced across the sky. Thunder rumbled fiercely and Rai sighed again knowing she was stuck in a room with Kharris for the night. The doorknob turned and Rai stood up and held her dagger as Kharris reappeared with food. Letting a sigh of relief out, she let go of the dagger dropping it.

She remembered the last time it snowed in Athentha. All the children and parents excited to see the snow but not her. For she was an orphan now and she didn't want to stay in this village. Rage filled her watching the children make snowmen and snow angels and whatever else and she didn't want to remember it anymore. And so she left. She couldn't stop thinking of Athentha. She didn't want to go back---why did she have to go back there? It was a long time ago. She put her cigarette out on the window as the moon came out. Rai sat there all night as Kharris slept. She sat there until morning came and the sun shone. As Rai and Kharris exited their room so did Kisanata and Rin. A wtf look appeared on Rai's face as she blinked and rubbed her eyes. She didn't believe it was them. Kisanata bumped into
Kharris as she had tripped over her own feet and fell. Rin helped her up as Rai shook her head again. Kisanata laughed.

"Did I tell you to come here or got to Athentha?" Rai asked, her eyebrow rose. "Now we have wasted time. Because you idiots came here. I told you to go to Athentha. Dumb--I mean Rin here, as chosen by the elders of laziness and stupidity, has to stop whatever is in Athentha. You didn't listen like usual. And wasted time because you wanted to rescue me. When you know I can handle myself. Figures, since he is a human and Kisanata is an airheaded monkey demon. Do you really want the world to end--wait don't answer that."

"It wasn't my idea," Rin said. "I told Kisanata to go ahead to Athentha but she wanted to rescue you. And she's a demon; I didn't want her to kill me. So we came here and of course we are all together again. Isn't that wonderful?"

"Excuses. Whatever," Kharris said. "Let’s just go before I kill the human. Like Rai said Athentha can't save itself unfortunately. So let’s get a move on. Hero eh? He doesn't look like one at all." Kharris shook his head. "Looks like a scrawny meal than a hero."

Rai laughed and walked ahead. Kharris, Kisanata and Rin followed as a clinking noise could be heard but she ignored it. Kharris looked suspiciously at Rai but didn't say anything at all. Kisanata skipped along humming as Rin sluggishly followed. He was trapped among demons---a smart one, a stupid one, and one who killed humans. Yet, he still followed. He was being forced to continue, for he was the damn unlucky hero. What was in Athentha that would awake or need him? Maybe Rai kept this hidden from him because she feared he would abandon the quest to save her home and all the lands. Rai never even told him why the elders even needed him in the first place. Why didn't she mention that to him? He didn't know as the four walked to the port now.

Rai looked around for a boat and found one. It was bigger than the last one they had stolen. Kharris watched as she climbed into the ship to inspect it for holes and other damages plus the quality. Kisanata climbed in after her noticing the string. Her eyes went wide and she attacked it. Rin shook his head and got in as well, leaving Kharris standing there on the dock until he reluctantly got in. Fortunately the ship was of Rai's expectations and she untied the boat from it. The ship sailed off as Kharris walked up to Rai and slapped her in the face. She fell to the ground as he glared at her hatefully. Looking up, pushing the hair out of her face, Rai growled, Kisanata held Rin back noticing the tension between the two and dragged him into the kitchen.

"That was your god damn plan Rai?" yelled Kharris. "To come here and kill the leader of Ivy Moon?! Then steal a boat and leave? What messed up plan is that? What did it accomplish? Did you also burn down Salias Port and Reliyah too? Are you going to destroy Ivy Moon as well Rai?! Or just let it be?! Tell me what you plan to do next murderer!"

"Shut up Kharris," she said leaning against the wall, and lit a cigarette. "And so what if I did? Can't change the past will it? So just sit your ass down and be happy you're alive. But if you desire it so, I can kill you." She flicked an ash from her cigarette into the ocean. "After my cigarette of course."

"Bitch," he said crossing his arms. "Do you enjoy it every time you do it?" His voice calmer now. "And you hate everyone don't you? Some life eh?" Kharris laughed as he watched Rai. "Killing innocent people and burning villages, how exciting pirate girl. Half-breeds are not good at many things nor are they bright. Especially you Rai. Do you really believe burning down villages and killing people plus whatever the hell you do--" his voice softened, "eases the pain you keep burrowed deep inside of you? Do you?'

Rai flicked her cigarette of the boat and walked away. She glared at Kharris hatefully, her eyes cold and burning with fury. How dare he ask that kind of question to her? He had no right to ask such personal questions. She walked below deck and sat against the wall. Kharris leaned against the wall and sighed, it was their second fight since their reunion and he had said things he realized now, he shouldn't have. Shaking his head, he didn't move but pondered what had happened in Rowan that Rai had seen to make her so cold and hateful. He noticed Kisanata and Rin walking out of the kitchen, Kisanata stuffing her face as usual. Rin sat next to Kharris and looked at him. Kisanata sat on the other side of him still eating.

Report Spam   Logged

Rin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 06:07:14 am »

Rin looked ahead at the sky as Kisanata ate her apple. Kharris watched her, puzzled as what she was doing here in the first place. Probably tagging along like him to help Rai or maybe just by free will. He didn't know as she came up. Rai didn't say a word and she was extremely calm. But she didn't look at Kharris as the ship sailed on and she returned to below deck. He got up, leaving the human and monkey demon and walked down to where she was. He opened the door and walked in. Kisanata kept herself busy by playing with string and Rin watched her out of boredom. Inside Rai sat in a chair unable to read the map. Kharris silently shut the door and looked at her. He saw the map and figured she was having trouble.

"Rai, look I didn't mean what I said," he said watching her. "But I do mean you need to lighten up and let it go. What happened that changed you? Weren’t you who said if we open up does it make a difference? It does and now you have to do that Rai. Was it Akira's death that made you so cold and bitter?"

"Go away; can't you see I'm busy?' Rai asked, not looking up from the map. "Besides it’s none of your damn business. So go back outside and let me figure this damn map out. It’s not as easy as it seems Kharris."

"Lemme guess--you can't read it can you?" he said snickering. "Lemme see it and I can help you. It cannot be that hard can it Rai?" Kharris tilted his head and stood there, crossing his arms. "Do you hate me now because of what I said? Geeze not a very good thing to do, keeping rage in."

"You can leave now Kharris; I don't need you to babysit me. I am the captain remember? So leave before you leave worse than you came in." She threw the map down. "You're annoying me now and I'm trying to concentrate. We have to make plans as well. Go bother the human will you?"

Kharris sighed and opened the door. He looked back at Rai, she was different and this proved it. Whatever he had said had only made everything worse and he knew there was nothing to fix this. He left, slamming the door shut behind him. She looked up returning to the crumpled up paper map and crossed her arms, shaking her head. Outside Kharris walked into the kitchen to find Kisanata eating again.  He sat against the wall and held the orange. He peeled it slowly now, his eyes glaring at Kisanata almost. But why would he do that? It wasn't her fault Rai was like that. Kisanata sat next to him and poked his orange a bit. It squeezed juice at her and she whimpered. Kharris chuckled and shook his head at her. She tilted her head then hugged him tight. He sighed as she let go getting serious now.

"It's Rai isn't it?" asked Kisanata. "Has to be. You haven't been this down since you two haven't been getting along with each other. I've seen you two yelling at each other like it was casual. But you have to admit your strong feelings about her are pushing her away and making her angry. So just move on and find someone else. Easy as pie."

"Kisanata, you were spying weren't you?" he asked shaking his head eating a piece of orange. "Again. Geeze you need to get a hobby besides playing with string. Rai has nothing to do with this. I can't help if she is a bitch who hates everyone. That I can't change her feelings no matter what I do. It's just useless."

"It's like an orange," she said. "An evil orange--you peel away the layer you can't eat and then you get a new layer, the one you can. Just gotta peel her hateful peel away and you will get the old Rai back. Easy right? Tah-dah I'm--"

"Don't say genius," Rai said standing in the doorway. "Because you are not a genius, you are an airheaded demon!" Kisanata got up and left the kitchen. Rin decided to stay. No one knows why he did. "An orange eh? Figures you'd eat them, humans do too." She glared at Rin. "We are almost at the destroyed island called Rowan. Then you're all on your own. I quit. I rather be damned then spend another minute with you idiots. Have fun there."

"Rai!" yelled Rin. "You have to help me. The elders said so. Besides you're the only one that knows about Rowan. You can't just strand us there. That would be in honorable to do." He walked up to Rai and looked at her. "Are you really that hateful to leave us there alone?"

"She is," Kharris said, crossing his arms. "She'll leave us to die like always. Human or not. Besides she is an ungrateful pirate." He looked at Rai, her back turned from him. "One I use to love--now I am not so sure anymore. But she'll leave us there and go back to being a pirate."

Rai glanced over her shoulder at Rin and shrugged. Then she walked to the ledge and looked at the open seas thinking about what Kharris had said. She lit a cigarette and shook her head. A puff of smoke sailed across the sky as the ship sailed. Rin didn't like them fighting. But when Kharris said such cruel words that stung her already wounded heart of course she would fight back with him. It didn't matter if they were demons just didn't like each other meant they had to fight. Rai then threw the cigarette in the ocean and turned around silent. Kharris didn't move as she walked past them and into the captain's corridors. Kharris hung his head.

"Go after her," said Rin. "Unless you want her to hate you forever Kharris. Besides maybe you can persuade her to stay. You're the only one who can make Rai come to her senses. What the hell happened between you two?" Rin sat down and looked up. "Did you do it to her?"

"No. And I tried talking to her. But she doesn't listen to me human," he said leaning against the wall. "It happened after she left Ivy Moon, that's all I know. Rai hasn't said anything else about it. So I don't believe her mind can be changed
Rin. I know she has changed, she has grown colder and hateful, when she use--" he paused eyeing Rai on the top of the ship watching the ship sail. "Well I can try but it may not work."

Rin nodded as Kharris walked up the ladder and sat next to Rai. She said nothing as she stared ahead. Kharris noticed she put her head against her knees and looked at him. He rested his head on his arms and stared at her. He wondered if she was alright. She didn’t answer him as the ship sailed on. Kharris poked her and smiled a bit. Rai didn’t budge as a small crest fell out of her pouch. It fell next to the second crest that belonged to Akira. But who was the other’s crest? He handed it to Rai and she gripped it tightly.

Kharris didn’t understand this. But he said nothing of the matter and stood up. Rai grabbed his arm and looked at him. He didn’t move as she let go. Looking down she wiped her eyes and he picked up Akira’s crest. He handed it to her, and turned around. He didn’t understand this and knew he failed. But she stood up then and looked at him lowering her head.

“They’re all dead,” Rai said as she cleared her throat. “My whole family killed by human hands. It burned to the ground when I returned. Rowan had become like Athentha, a wasteland. I couldn’t stop it.” She sighed and placed the crest in the pouch along with Akira’s crest. “And it was too late for me to help any of them Kharris. It was all my fault for leaving them alone to find…”

“No, you’re lying. They aren’t dead. They can’t be. I was there a month ago and everyone was alive. Humans aren’t allowed in Rowan,” he eyed her; she kept her head down and remained silent, “the rule made by the king…you should know. You lived there remember? Please tell me it’s not true.”

“It’s true Kharris,” she said standing up. “Humans broke into Rowan and destroyed it all. No one survived the massacre and burning. Now if you’ll excuse me, this will be the last place I sail with you. I quit, remember?” she walked away but before she could he grabbed her arm. “Don’t you hate me for what I did to your precious home? I killed Sindane. I destroyed everything in your life. Don’t you despise me?”

Kharris didn’t let go and sighed. “No. I have forgiven you time and time again for what you did. Sometimes I did hate you and other times I didn’t. It wasn’t the way I wanted him to go but it doesn’t matter. Like you, he betrayed me so many times. He hid and lied about so many things, just like you. Maybe in a way, killing off Sindane was like killing off a part of you…like the orange. Rai you can’t leave…you are Rin’s guardian. Don’t you remember? And besides, deep in your heart you know you don’t want to go.”

Rai told him she would have to think it over and he nodded. He walked back down to the bottom of the ship. As he reached the corridor leading to the bedrooms, he stood there staring at the bedrooms. One was his and Rai’s and the other one belonged to Rin and Kisanata. He stood there thinking about what Rai had said. He wanted to understand the position she was in…that he was in. She wanted to leave the whole journey, to abandon the quest when they hadn’t even gotten there yet. Maybe things in the past clouded her judgment in so many ways she couldn’t continue. But that couldn’t be the case, for she wouldn’t care if they lived or died. Just about herself it showed time and time again to him. He wanted to throw her against the wall and knock some sense into her skull. Show her that she had to finish what she had started. Even if she was a pirate, she couldn’t just sail away and leave her problems. Nor would drinking take them away. And she had a habit of doing that too.

Kharris stood there staring at the door again and then shook his head. He decided that it wasn’t his fault that she was like that. And so he knew where the blame went to. He also wanted to strangle Rin for the whole damn idea of even trying to talk to her but didn’t. They unfortunately needed him alive. So he went into Rin’s room and pushed him against the wall and growled. He punched him in the face and then walked out. Rin didn’t get it as the ship crashed into the island of Rowan. Rai jumped off the boat as Kisanata, Kharris and Rin followed, he was still rubbing his cheek. Seeing that it could be a trap, Rai decided to divide them. She took Rin with her and Kisanata and Kharris were to go ahead. She was taking a different route, knowing that the air was evil here since she left; in case one of the groups got caught the other could come and save them. But as they walked Kharris and Kisanata had bumped into them and she sighed. They walked up towards the city when they bumped into some elves. They gawked at the group wondering if they were the ones Katabami said were coming. Rai looked at them.
Report Spam   Logged

Rin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 06:12:17 am »

“Wait,” she said to the elves, “Is this Rowan, that we are in or did we miss the land by accident? Please we have to find Rowan we are on a quest to save the world.” Rai saw the elves looking at her funnily and she wondered what was with that. “So are we lost or in the right direction?”

“Yes.” said one of the elves, “You are in Rowan. It is the land of disease and death. Death has taken over Rowan mostly. Seems when the heir left, no one was here to defend it so this is what became of it.”

The elves then walked ahead leading them down a long passage like road towards the temple. Rai looked at Rin, as the other two walked ahead of them. Rai shook her head and kept whispering in Rin’s ear. She knew it was a trap, she knew the people of this land wouldn’t just lead anyone to their destination without adding some trouble. She had to keep Rin from getting hurt, she knew Kharris and Kisanata could handle themselves, but the human was a different story. She had to anyways she was his guardian and then she knew what to do.

Rai pushed Rin to the ground. She stared at him, her cold eyes glaring at him. Rin didn’t get her weird mood swings but saw what she pointed to. There were traps layed all along the path where the two elves led to the temple. Rai had protected him but why now of all places? She helped him to his feet pointing to the cliff’s side. That was how they would make it past the traps. Rin nodded as a man appeared. He grabbed her by the neck but she kicked at his neck. She horribly missed and he laughed. Rin backed up as the figure held Rai, his blade directly pointed at him. He told him to be a good boy and run along now. He didn’t leave and Rai mumbled stupid human under her breath.

“Remember me pirate?” he asked leaning into her face. “Back in Athentha when you were in that church…begging for answers of Akira’s mysterious death…when no one answered you, you had killed them all. When you brought darkness into the land, don’t you remember who tried to stop you pirate girl?” He smirked. “Now you’re with humans?”

“What the hell is your point? Is it to bore me to death with your life story?” Rai asked lighting a cigarette and took a slow drag of it flicking an ash away. “So it’s you, big deal. Athentha was a mess, I was only cleaning it up by ridding it of the human scum that decided to break in and terrorize the inhabitants along with the Lyonessians. It was after all, a good cause. So get off my back. Besides you’re still the weak little boy who can’t defeat me. So put me down and your sword away before you idiotically hurt yourself.”

“Heh. That was before pirate girl. I have trained with the best. And now I can defeat you Rai,” he said smirking, “It’s me Lia, your rival. And you human lover shall be defeated.”

“Lia eh?”Rin asked. “You think you can beat a girl who can kill one million men in one slice. As the rumors go. Ha! Now leave before Rai…” he gulped and backed away, “kills you like those humans.”

“Human lover? I don’t think so Lia. I rather watched one suffer than try and save their soul,” Rai said.

Rai laughed and blew a smoke ring in Lia’s face. He dropped her. She blew another smoke ring in Lia’s face again. He growled and crossed his arms as Rin pushed Rai to the ground. He snapped whipping the gun in her face. Lia laughed at this slightly amused at the madness. Rin picked her up by the scruff of her neck and held the gun at her chest. Rai was pissed off like usual. She was the human’s guardian and now he was pulling this shit on her. And it was all because of Lia.  She knew now, he was manipulating the human to attack her.

“Aw shit,” Rai said, “you got me cornered again Lia. What am I to do? Or should I kick both your asses?” she lit another cigarette and took a long drag of it blowing smoke in the air. “Rin put the gun down, you’re pissing me off again.” She blew a smoke ring at Rin laughing. “Rin you know you can’t beat me, just like dumbass Lia there. He’s just another weakling living in a dreamland. Overconfident like the rest of them.”

“Rai you really like pissing people off to the point of where they want to kill you,” Lia said, “And you’re highly vainglory and full of yourself. You think you’re the best and that no one can beat you. But you are wrong Rai. In fact you’re just as bad as me.”

“Bad as you eh?” Rai asked blowing a smoke ring into the sky. “Who is the one using a human to kill me Lia? Who is the weak one now?” she laughed and put her cigarette out in Lia’s arm. “And I am the best. No one can beat me. So you can get back on your god damn boat and sail back to your pathetic little island and leave me be already.”

~*~

Kisanata and Kharris followed the two elves up to the temple as the sun began to set. They wondered how Rai and Rin were doing. Why the hell is it taking them so god damn long to get back, Kharris thought, they should have been back by now. Kisanata eyed Kharris then the elves having no damn clue what the hell was going on or what they were saying. The elves were talking in their own language. Kisanata decided to eat a vegetable bun [like a meat bun] as they walked endlessly. The sun had set brightly in the western sky leaving it a tint burnt orange and purple. They were miles from the temple. They decide d to make camp in a tiny inn. Walking in, the elves smiled.

They spoke in their little language to the innkeeper then lead them up the stairs to a room. The inn fully booked had only one room left so they had to share. Damn, Kharris thought, stuck with elves. The room was small and cramped only able to fit two people making Kharris get weird suspicions. The elves left to get food and water which they probably poisoned. Kharris looked at Kisanata who was of course playing with string. She, no one knows how, was amused by it.

“Kisanata, we got a serious situation here,” Kharris said, “Rai and Rin are in trouble and you’re playing with string? Come on!”

“Rai and Rin can take care of themselves. Why worry eh?” Kisanata asked, pouting when he took the string. “Unless the elves are gonna poison us and we die.”

“They won’t want to poison us,” he said. “We’re the only ones that know where Rin and Rai are. Their language is annoying.” He watched Kisanata try and speak the language. He just laughed.

“No wonder Rai hates you. You’re an asshole.”

“Shut the hell up stupid bitch.” He was irritated. “You know nothing of me and Rai. So what if I’m an asshole, so is Rai. I don’t like the idea of Rin hanging with her; he’s desperate for her to like him. And that pisses me off.”

“Bastard,” Kisanata said as she glared at him. “Sorry you’re a jealous bastard untrusting of a human. I find extremely hilarious at your pathetic attempts. Rai doesn’t even like him; she hates everyone anyways. So why the hell does it matter?”

That shut Kharris up. The elves returned with food and drink unprepared by them and was made by the cook; a half-breed name Vaughn. They placed the tray in front of them and sat down as they ate their food. Kisanata poked the food before eating it. She couldn’t resist food, even poisoned food. Kharris whapped her and ate his plate of food. The elves kept them there until their leader, Katabami came. They grinned maliciously as Kharris stood up. He threw the food in the elf’s face and held his weapon at the other one in complete anger. Kisanata quickly got up as the lights went out then back on.

Kharris growled as he lowered the weapon. He sheathed it eyeing the elf smirking and his clawed hand grabbed him by the neck almost breaking it the door swung open as Kisanata backed up. Their leader entered on to the scene. He grinned and entered near Kharris making the demon let go. He laughed and pushed Kisanata and Kharris to the ground. The leader sat in his chair; made of plush velvet. He set his gaze on them again.
Report Spam   Logged

Rin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 06:16:58 am »

“Why the hell are we here?!” yelled Kharris. “Why us? Because Rai didn’t come back after leaving here?” he growled glaring at the leader. “Coward!  Lazy ass bastard, amazing you’re still alive.”

“Silence!” he yelled “I have heard of you Kharris Lucifer. Where’s your pretty little sidekick Rai? Maybe I’ll get your little girlfriend here to…” Kharris cut him off by punching him in the mouth and making him fly into a wall. “Bastard, you think you’re slick. Well you ain’t kid.”

“Yeah,” he said with a smirk, “because Rai ain’t here. She’s with Rin and you’re a bad planner. Amazingly you came up with a plan at all Katabami. Now let me and Kisanata here go or else you’ll die.”

“I am not his girlfriend!” Kisanata yelled “And we ain’t telling you where Rai is old geezer.” She grasped her daggers. “Like Kharris said, let us go.”

“I’m afraid not,” Katabami said. “You are bait to lead Rai back to me. The legends must become true. We must awaken the one sleeping in the depths of Athentha. And once she leads Rin here, he will be sacrificed.” He smirked as the elves tied them up.

“Rai is the human’s guardian, she won’t let us near him Katabami,” said an elf. “Rai will protect him at all costs. Even if causes her death.”

“True.”

Kharris growled at this. He didn’t understand the elf. But he heard Rai’s name and he didn’t like that. Kisanata looked at the rope and one thought came to her mind. Dinner! She began to chew the rope. Kharris thought for once this was a good idea. Katabami knocked Kisanata out and Kharris loudly cursed at this. The man grabbed at his [Kharris] chin smirking, he kneeled to reach his eye level. This made Kharris uneasy as his lust for blood set in. Katabami grinned, his fangs gleaming.

Kharris mumbled. He remembered the day Katabami came and entered his life, cursing his life to make him what he was. Kharris closed his eyes, not wanting to see the vampire’s face. He disgusted with it. Katabami let go of him getting up. He loved to torture him [Kharris] in so many ways. He held the young vampire by the throat as if he was to bite him again. But he didn’t. He just stood there glaring at Kharris, as if he would ruin his plans if he had gotten away.

~flashback~

“Kharris,” Sindane said, “she’s gone. You’re just going to sit there and wait for her? I mean you sitting there isn’t going to make her come back. If she wanted to, she would have done it already. It’s time to let her go. Move on. She doesn’t want to come back for you.” He eyed his brother as he got up. “Where are you going? Rai isn’t at the docks if that’s…”

“Shut up,” Kharris said, “I freaking know she’s gone! I watched her get on her little ship and leave this island unlike us. I watched her sail away because life here for her was so horrible because of me. I am going for a walk to clear my mind though it’s none of your god damn business Sindane.”

Kharris slammed the door and walked down the path, shoving his hands into the pockets. He thought about Rai. All his thoughts were always about her these days. He didn’t understand her intentions or why she decided to just leave the island. But he knew that he wanted her back. He couldn’t help it either, he loved her. Guess she didn’t love him as much as she did. As he walked he listened to the night sounds as he began to hum. Suddenly he stopped hearing a noise unlike any other. It was footsteps coming up behind him. Soft and almost like a whisper they came. At first he thought nothing of it, and continued walking. But then they came closer. Once the footsteps stepped on a branch on the ground crunching it, Kharris stopped.

The vampire man was caught yet didn’t sweat about it. He stood behind Kharris calm and cool as he turned around. He bared his fangs as the vampiric man smiled at him. Kharris backed up and the vampire vanished reappearing behind Kharris, breathing a slow cold breath down the nape of his neck. He then pulled the boy up and bit into his neck draining the blood. As it ran down his neck, darkening the light flesh of Kharris, he blacked out.

~end flashback~

“Katabami!,” Kharris yelled as he choked out, “You made me a vampire that night…the night Rai left. Why the hell did you pick me god damn it? Why me?!” His eyes blazed with anger, wanting to kill the man. “Because of her, was it not? You…you were just hunting Rai for your plan to revive Hamaguri.” Kisanata awoke slowly to the screaming. “But she’d left the day before hand and you didn’t know so it pissed you off because your plan was foiled.”

“So what?” Katabami said, “Rai still played her part perfectly. She left that day and it lured you out. For I needed you. You would be the one to bring her back to me. To Hamaguri, you were perfect. She was helping me Kharris.” He smirked. “Half breeds aren’t very smart you see. Tell them one thing and they’ll believe it even if it isn’t true.”

“Shut the hell up!” Kharris yelled. “Rai’s different. Maybe a bitch but she is different Katabami. She would never turn against me. Or help a murderous demon like you. I will kill you for touching Rai. For making her a plan of your scheme and making her do what she did. You will regret you ever laid a hand on her. I swear it.” Kisanata was chewing the rope again. “Her best friend was killed by the likes of you. Akira was close to her and you killed him, you changed her! But Rai wouldn’t help you!”

Katabami laughed hard at that. He held Kharris still by the neck gripping it tighter. Kisanata ate through the first part of the rope. The elves had left, to find Rai and Rin. Katabami grinned seeing the angry face on Kharris. The monkey demon gulped and began to chew the second part of the rope. Kharris grinned at the man now. He showed the fangs that would rip apart the vampire as soon as Kisanata was done. Kharris gleamed even more. He was glad to see Katabami once again knowing this time he’d meet his end.

~*~

Rin fell to the ground, breathing hard and blood from his torso fell to the ground. Rai glared at Lia throwing her cigarette, which was completely smoked but still lit enough to burn the skin. It left the mark on his skin and he growled. She raised her blade and dashed at Lia, her blade raised to hit his torso and upper chest. It clashed with his blade and made sparks fall to the ground. She slashed upwards at his chest fiercely and fast trying to get him out of the way. But each time he had blocked the attack with ease. Rai knew she needed to get back to Kharris and Kisanata. But couldn’t with this dumbass in the way. She slashed the blade in a crisscross pattern against his back as she landed on the ground from her flip. She had managed to avoid the attack he had forced at her. He fell back sliding a little. Rai laughed, as she dashed at Lia again slanting the blade to slash up at his face. It met with his blade as Rin watched.
Report Spam   Logged

Rin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 06:21:41 am »

Lia bleeding and bruised stood ready to combat the pirate. She smirked, knowing she could easily beat the man. She jumped up the two trees that stood there next to each other and reached the top. She spiraled and flipped in the air shooting ice and earth needles at his arms legs and torso. He blocked most of them but a few ice and earth needles stuck into the skin making him bleed. He was about to attack when vines came shooting out of the ground and wrapped slowly up Lia’s body binding him from moving. Rai walked up to him, pointing the blade of Otherworld Hell at his jugular. She glared, her dark velvet eyes full a blazed with hate unknown of the hate welled up inside.

Rai lowered the blade a little. “Lia, I win. I told you that you couldn’t beat me,” She choked out. “Do you rival declare and accept defeat? I…I don’t want to kill you.”

“Rai!” yelled Rin. “What the hell is happening to her Lia?” He knelt down beside Rai, “What’s going on?”

“Rai…you win for now. Lower your blade,” Lia said. “Rin she’s resorting to her demon state. It happens to all demons. This girl was made as an experiment and weapon. It was to aid in reviving Hamaguri. But it was restrained. Seeing this or anything angering her will release it. “

“What?”

“Rai is the pawn in all this unless they all know about the damn legend. Fucking legends always getting people killed. Rin, you must be the hero the elders spoke of. Well I’m afraid you won’t get far without your murderous guardian. She knows all the secret ways and passageways into Athentha.”

Rin sighed as Rai blacked out. Dropping her blade she fell unconscious. Lia looked at Rin as he offered to lead him to Athentha, since he knew a little of how to get there because Rai was unable to. He then looked around at surroundings. He held his stomach still in pain from the attack Rai had done to him, the needles still embedded in his skin. They walked down the path Rin carrying the unconscious pirate in his arms, questions racing through his mind once again. Why did she have to be like this? He didn’t know as he heard her mumble Akira’s name many times as she slipped in and out of consciousness, Rin tilted his head.

“Who’s Akira?” Rin asked.

“Do you really need to know that right now, at this very moment?” Lia asked. “If you really must know, Akira is Rai’s childhood friend. Who was tragically killed. There enough said.”

~flashback~

“Akira,” Rai said as he chopped wood, “Aren’t you tired? You should rest. Let me do that for a while.” Her eyes glanced at her best friend. “Please relax yourself.”

He laughed and she blushed. “Can’t, my father wants me to finish before dusk. And you should run along. I won’t be done for quite some time.” He wiped the sweat from his forehead as he looked at her. Rai shook her head. “Why not? It’s no fun here watching me do this.”

“You’re the only friend I have. Everyone makes fun of me except you Akira, because I’m half. I am not normal like the rest of these people. I like watching you work and I like helping you.”

Rai placed the wood on the block and Akira chopped it as the bell at the church rang. Akira growled, the bell was worn out so it wouldn’t work right. So it was used for emergencies and right now it was ringing meaning something was up. He looked at Rai, she had just recently learned about the bell and she looked at him now. He told her to hide. That it wasn’t safe. She agreed for she only listened to him. As she went into the hiding spot, a group of ravage demons entered the town killing all those in their way. Many people fell to the ground, viciously ripped apart and organs hanging out. Akira ran at them, he knew he was outnumbered but he had to do something.

He knew if he didn’t, they would kill everyone including Rai. He couldn’t have that. He unsheathed his blade and began slashing up and down at the demons chest and limbs. He had managed to slice down most of the demons. But one was crafty to avoid him. The demon grabbed Akira’s neck and squeezed it. He kicked the beast and it let go of him. He ran at the creature slashing at its body furiously but then it happened. The beast clawed his stomach, ripping it open and blood came cascading down his body. Satisfied, the demon ran off. Rai ran up to him and kneeled down.

“Akira!”

“It’s okay, I protected you. That’s all I need to do. Goodbye Rai, I love you.”

~End Flashback~

Rai awoke in a cold sweat at a campsite. Her heart raced as if she remembered Akira. And why shouldn’t she? She did love him. He was a big part of her life. For the first time in years it happened. Rai eyed Rin, he was asleep and she looked down. She had gotten him involved as she did Akira. She had gotten him in too deep and she felt bad. Her heart sank, Rin made her remember Akira. They looked almost the same, only the human she loved didn’t have the tuff of hair that stuck up. Lia was asleep as well but she didn’t care. He should have been killed. Rin stirred and sat up, he saw Rai awake. He hugged her. She made him let go.

Rin sighed as he let go. Rai was still the same, hateful and a bitch. But at least she was alive. So it didn’t matter to him. Rin made her some food and she ate it without saying thank you. But he knew she did, in her own way she had thanked her for saving her. She had thanked him for bringing back the memory of Akira which had gotten lost. She lit a cigarette and blew a smoke ring at the sky. They had to go get Kharris and Kisanata back which was unfortunate for Rin. He sighed again as he looked at Rai.

“What?! Why the hell did you bring Lia along? So he’ll kill you in your sleep?” she asked glancing at Rin. “We got to go back for Kisanata and Kharris and rescue them. Let’s ditch him before you end up—“

“Are you okay?” Rin asked. “You blacked out and kept mumbling Akira’s name. Were you two that close? Did you almost love a human Rai?” his eyes lowered softening in the moonlight. “Are you afraid?”

“Noisy bastard aren’t you?” she asked as she blew another smoke ring in the air. “Yeah were close. Akira protected me unlike anyone else in that damn village. He was the only friend I had. Then those damn demon bastards came into the village and attacked us all, killing him in the process. He had to protect me. He was only looking out for me. And so my heart broke that day and I left everything behind never able to become whole.” Rai became quiet, her hands shook. “I’m not afraid of death, I fear life. There’s a difference. Life can rip you apart without care or warning, death—offers something more, peace and the finding of what you lost.”

“I don’t understand Rai.” He said as he looked at her. Why did she speak like that? “Rai you don’t have to go with me. You can turn around and go home.”

“Home?!” Rai yelled standing up. “I have no home! Rowan is dead! Athentha has been taken over by destruction and disease as it spread to Rowan. It has a new leader, it doesn’t need me—“She paused, flicking the cigarette into the fire. “Besides I can’t leave you. You will end up dead, woodsman. Without me, it is hopeless. Besides, can’t have your death on my conscious Rin.”

“Rai—you care so little for my race yet you’re helping us to live. Did you ever notice that?” Rin asked softly. “I know how destructive you are. Salias Port, Riahana, and Relis are burned to the ground. But why help the race you despise so much? It doesn’t make sense.”

She walked down the path; hands were placed behind her head. She almost loved a human. Akira had her heart, he had everything that was hers and he protected her from them, the ones that picked on her and hurt her. He had shown her they weren’t all bad. Now she hated them. She despised how little they cared for others and had brought war against others. Even so, she thought Akira didn’t have to die like that. She stared at the sky as Rin ran to catch up with her. But why did she change? Rai wondered that as they walked back towards Rowan.

“Rin whatever goes down in Rowan I’ll have to protect you. I mean since we don’t know what whoever’s holding them hostage is planning. Do not worry I won’t let you get hurt. I swear on the dead. Don’t get yourself killed.” She whispered then. “I’ll make you proud of me Akira.”

“Got it,” he said. “But why Rai? Why do you have to protect me? I mean if you hate us so much.”

“Have to; I am your guardian after all.”

~*~

Katabami sat in his chair patiently awaiting the arrival of Rai and Rin. Kisanata and Kharris were still chained. But the vampire had a field day biting Kharris’ neck a couple times. Kisanata was drugged to keep her from escaping since she had tried to eat the rope five times, which had pissed off the vampire. Kharris watched Katabami, his eyes darken and glaring at him with extreme hate. He hated Katabami. He desired the one that had gotten away, Rai as if she was a servant or something. He knew that she had come from Athentha, a cursed land but he still loved her. He wanted to make her happy, but she never was she had left Ivy Moon in search of the ones who killed Akira. Katabami had awaken the sleeping elders and now Rai had come this far. Katabami smirked, his plan had worked.

Kharris sat up and yawned. He was thirsty yet he didn’t desire blood just water. What was the vampire man planning? Especially since it dealt with Rai, why did he need her? And why kill Rin? The only thing he could do was stop the thing in Athentha from waking up. But he didn’t want the human to be harmed. He had come to like him though he would never admit it. Reason enough, Kharris thought. Rai and Rin entangled in a god damn legend that probably doesn’t even exist or isn’t real. This is just fucking great.  He sighed at this. He didn’t want this journey to get out of hand but it had because every evil thing in all the lands wanted the thing to awaken and they needed Rai.

“She was very precious wasn’t she?” Katabami said smirking. “A precious girl that got away wasn’t it? Don’t you realize she was really never yours? That she was someone else’s made her do the things she did? She has been in my grasp since the day I killed that pathetic human Akira. She began the change then. Leaving everything behind because I broken her heart. The heart is fragile after all you see. Once broken it can’t ever be repaired. You should know that. She has been an obedient little girl but I’m beginning to lose my hold on her.”

“Good.”

“What did you say?!” Katabami yelled as he grabbed Kharris by the neck tight. “Do you really just forget who holds your life in their hands? Rai is what Hamaguri is feeding off of. Soon he’ll awake and your precious Rai will be no more. A great and beautiful sacrifice don’t you think? Though she won’t truly get away—“

“Shut the hell up and leave Rai alone! You have tortured her long enough. She doesn’t need to suffer anymore. You want to torture someone then do it to me. But leave her out of this. Rin can stop Hamaguri from awakening. He has to sacrifice himself to keep that monster asleep. Don’t you ever read Athentha’s legends?” Kharris said. “Rai is leading him there—“

“Rai will come back for you and the monkey Kharris. You are Akira’s reincarnation. And she fell in love with Akira before I had killed him. It was pathetic a human being with a lowly half-breed. It makes me sick to think they could ever be together like that.”

Katabami chuckled as Kharris was shocked by the chains. He lifted his chin, his eyes gleaming as a clash of armor fell outside. A battle was happening as Rai and Rin made their way up the tower like castle steps. There was no stopping them. Rai had gotten through a bunch throwing Rin forward. More came at her as she growled. She slashed through the armor as it fell and brought her blade against the torso of the solider. Arms and legs went flying everywhere as she reached the top and two big armored guards stood there for a moment. She pushed Rin out of the way as the swords came down and hit her blade, causing sparks to fly. She jumped back throwing ice and fire needles at them causing the armor to smolder and burn as it fell off. But they weren’t easily defeated just by that. She pulled the ice daggers out and ran at them both throwing them into their legs. Both had blocked it as she brought her blade down against one of their heads, cutting it off. She then jumped back, Rin watching all of it and stood.

She looked up at the one remaining guard and tilted her head. It had looked as if he had gotten a bit taller. But he didn’t as his sword came down again at her. She raised her blade to counter the blade, as it barely missed her arm. He didn’t seem to be playing around like she had been. Now it was about time to get serious. So she grabbed some sand from the ground and threw it in to his eyes as she came running at him slanting the blade and slashed at his entire body at once making him fall backwards and just lay there. Rai picked up Rin and headed to the big doors. She ripped them open and they walked in. She walked up the stairs.

Rin followed now, walking on his own feet. She guarded his back side so no one could attack him of anyone dared to. She had reached the top and ripped those doors open too. She stared at Katabami and glared. Rin eyed the vampire and stepped back. He was a bit frightened. Katabami smirked as he walked up to the pirate. He let his clawed hand fall down her cheek in a caressing motion. She slapped it away not amused. He chuckled as he held Rai against the wall. She couldn’t move his hand tightly around her neck as he bared his fangs. Kharris growled, he didn’t like seeing this. He knew Rai wasn’t defenseless but couldn’t fight back when she knew others were involved. She couldn’t have that on her conscious like Akira. He looked at her now, and chuckled.

“It’s been a while Rai,” said Katabami. “You are still beautiful as ever.” He stared at his captive against the wall. “Everyone’s been waiting for you to return to Athentha where you belong. So has Hamaguri. It is your fate. You cannot escape it even if you tried to half-breed.”

“Let go of me,” she said yelling. “You killed Akira you son of a bitch! You took the only thing I loved away for your own personal gain and I will see to it you will pay!” She said this as tears fell at Akira’s name. “I won’t be a pawn in your little game. Hamaguri—no he won’t be awakened as long as I’m alive. Hear me Katabami? Do you? Good, now let go!”

“Rai, it is your destiny to awaken Hamaguri. He is the new God of this world. He is feeding off your and the one they call the Dark Winged Beast’s energy and calling you both. Rai you can’t deny this, it must be done. Remember Athentha’s legends my dear? Do you even understand?”

She shook her head as a yelling took place in her head. Rai made Katabami let go of her as she fell to her knees. Her hair turned jet black with silver and her eyes were crimson now. Grey wings ripped out of her back as fur ran down her back and horns appeared on her head. Rai had fallen under the possession of her demon. She stood up and in one slash of her claws Katabami fell to the ground in a heaped mass. His head rolled off and blood flowed everywhere. Kisanata awoke as Kharris broke their chains off.

She grabbed Rin by his neck with a clawed hand. She grinned, her eyes bitterly staring and bared her fangs. She growled low, unable to stop what was happening. Then she threw him into the wall as it knocked him out. She eyed Kharris hissing then her fangs still showing. Rai approached him, her eyes laughing. He didn’t know what to do. He had never seen her like this before. He wanted to save her, make her return to normal, but he had no clue how to. And he knew if no one stopped her, they would all end up dead.

“Well well,” a voice said, it was almost like Hamaguri’s. “If it isn’t Kharris, didn’t expect you to live. Oh well not like you could stop her in this state. I have control of her now. Such a beautiful host, too bad she won’t live to see the rein I’m about to begin. Such a beautiful sacrifice don’t you think? A perfect choice her father has picked. I guess when I’m awaken she’ll become a demon under my rule.”

“No!” yelled Rin as he stood up, “We won’t let you harm Rai! We vow to save her and destroy you!” He eyed Kharris shaking his head. “Hamaguri you’ll die—“

“Pathetic human,” he said as Rai began to walk past them. “Do you even know why you are here? Why you have been chosen to be the hero or your part in all this? Has no one told you anything? Such a pity and a waste humans are. So clueless they are. But if you like you can ask the vampire here why all this is happening. I’m sure he would love to tell you.”

Rai was gone after that as Rin fell to his knees. He didn’t understand what was going on. He wanted to save her but how? Kisanata placed her hand on his shoulder. Damn it, Kharris thought, Rai and Rin—he stopped and helped the human up. He eyed the bloody mess that was Katabami. He mumbled. He wanted to be the one to kill him, not Rai. Rin shook his head at Kharris and Kisanata. What the hell is going on? Rin thought, as he sighed.
Report Spam   Logged

Rin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 06:24:54 am »

They walked out and walked towards Athentha. Nothing more could be done here. Rowan was now a distant hell, and it now layed behind them. Rin grabbed Kharris by the neck and slammed him into the tree. He was furious Kharris did nothing to stop Rai from leaving, from becoming Hamaguri’s puppet. Kisanata’s eyes widen as she tried to separate them but Kharris threw her to the ground. He punched Rin in the eye and he stumbled back. Rin swung at his jaw and it cracked. Kharris punched him in the ribs breaking them. Kisanata stood up and got in between them and she yelled. Each looked at her silent both spitting up blood.

“Why didn’t you stop her? Why did you just let her go like that? What did Hamaguri mean?!” yelled Rin, “And why did he possess Rai? Why does he need her or me? Why did you drag us all the way out here Kharris?!” he clenched his fists.

“Heh,” Kharris said, “Because she is a demon and more powerful than me. Because Hamaguri can’t be stopped by mere might alone. Fine I’ll tell you. But you won’t like it. Rin, you see long ago in the lands of Athentha, a monster lived there. His name was Hamaguri. He ravaged the land killing any in his path. It was all consumed in darkness. Everyone tried to kill him but it was in vain. Many Athenthians died trying to protect their land. Nothing lived and it was a poisoned land. Then one day a hero appeared to conquer Hamaguri—“

“How?” Kisanata and Rin asked.

“Well seal him away. And to do that, he had to give up his mortal life. Yes, the one thing Rai always hated about that legend is that a human save her birth home. By sacrificing him he had enough power to seal the beast away. But he didn’t realize that the beast would be a part of him and so they buried him along with the monster, sealing up the depths of Athentha. The land was then covered by light and prosperity. But Rai’s energy is dark and could awaken the beast at any moment because it’s feeding off her.”

Rin grew silent. So these were Athentha’s legends, the half-breed born only to fuel a monster, and a hero born to die to stop the monster. What a horrible fate had been bestow upon them. But he didn’t know that would be his purpose. He was just a woodsman living his life trying to take care of his family. And he didn’t know it was Rai’s. She was a pirate, burning towns and pillaging. Rin eyed Kisanata, did she care? He didn’t know. Kharris walked on and they followed. They had to stop Rai before it was too late. Kisanata looked back a moment as they followed. Rin growled, holding his side. His ribs were still broken and he remained silent. He didn’t know what to think. But what happens when he is stopped, does Rai live? Rin thought. It would have sucked if she and he didn’t. They walked down the path.
No one said a word. Kharris walked ahead on top of the flowers that lined the path and they knew why. He was angry at Rin, he didn’t stop Rai either and here he had the right to say that. He let his guardian leave in the state she was. It was his fault too. Didn’t he realize he was at fault here too? But what did Katabami mean when he said he was the reincarnation of Akira? Well he couldn’t ask that now, he was dead. And the pirate had run off. Kisanata sensed the tension between the two and ate some strawberries. She pulled Rin near her and Kharris stopped. He looked around, eyeing the surroundings. Rin looked at Kisanata then at the ground.

“Rin,” Kisanata said in a soft whisper hoping Kharris didn’t hear, “It’s not your fault. These things happen. Like in my village that’s forty miles from here. We have mishaps all the time but we just sing and dance and think nothing more of it. But maybe it was supposed to be like this and we have to stop it all.”

“But Rai was my guardian,” Rin said, “And Kharris is even madder at me for it. Like this? Suppose to be? Like what happened to Akira? Was that supposed to be as well? Rai didn’t always—“

Kharris growled over hearing. “I would have killed you already if you weren’t the hero. How do you know about Akira? Did you make her tell you human?” he crossed his arms almost baring his fangs. “Akira is none of your business Rin, nor Kisanata’s, just Rai’s.”

Rin gulped as they walked on. Kisanata looked at both of them, even more confused. Rin explained to her what Lia said about Akira making Kharris even angrier. Rin didn’t care and Kisanata became even less confused now. He eyed Kharris and was in fact grinning. He was glad to know that. It was easier to learn about Rai than leaving her past in the dark. Kisanata lead them to her village, the Argil Tree Village and they followed.

Rin walked beside Kharris as Kisanata babbled on about her village. He smirked feeling a bit proud that he knew more about Rai than Kharris did. Rin hadn’t even known her long and Kharris did, which pissed him off that he, did that. That he said that about her to Kisanata. But the monkey wasn’t paying attention to them arguing and continued on about the monkey village. Rin kicked Kharris in the shin, he punched the human in the arm. Then he punched Kharris in the eye and he kicked Rin in the jaw. He then kicked Kharris in the stomach. Kisanata looked back and they whistled innocently. She then turned back around and they were at it again.

After a couple hours, they rested and made camp. Kisanata made smores and the sun was setting making the sky a beautiful orange mixed with pink and gold. She ate a smore as Rin roasted a hot dog and Kharris at the elven bread Rai had left in the bag. He gave some to Kisanata who happily ate it. Rin shook his head and ate his hot dog then went for a walk. Kisanata looked at Kharris eating the elven bread.

“Rin is a very bad hero,” Kharris said, “Didn’t even try to stop her from leaving. Then he goes and talks about someone only Rai should know.” He broke the elven bread in half. “Well hero or not, we should just ditch him and go after Rai.”

“But don’t we need him?” Kisanata asked. “You know, to save Rai. Unless there’s something you didn’t tell us. Kharris is there more to the legend?” Kisanata ate the bread curiously looking at him. “There has to be because you trailed off.”

“Maybe,” Kharris said.

Kisanata sighed seeing he wouldn’t tell. He was holding information and wouldn’t speak. She looked at the fire wondering why everyone was holding secrets.

~*~

Rai entered Leiha walking down into the middle of the village eyeing the people smirking. Rai grabbed a little boy by the hair. She grinned. She raised a clawed hand as the towns people watched in horror paralyzed to even do a thing. She slashed the boy’s jugular open, blood gushing down his body. She licked the blood, her eyes blackening. She ran her other hand on the boy’s stomach.

Ripping flesh and heart out, she ate it. Blood covered her as she dropped the boy’s body and grinned at the villagers as she unsheathed her blade and pointed it at a teen boy. He did not move he unsheathed his blade though. Rai smirked hearing her companions nearby. The boy ran at Rai as she blocked the blade that came down at her with her own. Sparks flew.

“Half-breed!” yelled the teen, “who the hell are you?! And why the hell you kill the little boy? I am Haragaricho and won’t let you kill any more of us girl. I won’t!”

“Bravery will only get you killed boy,” Rai said. “Rai Saimiricho’s my name and no one can beat me. Step aside and I’ll spare your life—no I’ll kill you, you have annoyed me.”

Rai ran at Haragaricho, blade raised and slashed at his side cutting the skin in a zigzag shape. Haragaricho slashed at Rai, cutting her cheek. Rai slid back and jumped into the air landing against the boy her blade cutting into his stomach. She held another weapon, a scythe shaped blade holding it at his neck. I told you bravery would get you killed, she thought. Hamaguri silently grinned as he made her kill Haragaricho. Wounded she limped away.
Five feet away, Leiha exploded. Rai limped down the path just as her companions just came to the city. They saw Rai limping and ran after her which was easy for she couldn’t run. Rin grabbed her as Kisanata and Kharris looked at her. She glared at them as she punched Rin in the eye. Rin let go of her and she held the scythe like blade pointed at them mumbling. No one moved knowing she could strike at any moment for she was being controlled.

“Rai break his hold on you!” yelled Kharris. “Do you really want to awake Hamaguri? Damn it Rai are you that weak?!” he yelled again as she lowered the blade falling to her knees. “That’s it, fight it!”

“Pathetic vampire,” yelled Hamaguri through Rai, “Do you really think she has a choice or that will work? She works for me now, so quit while you’re ahead.” She placed her hands on the ground as she began to cough. She had no way to control what was happening. She was trying to stop it though. “She won’t listen to you; you’re just wasting your time trying to save something you can’t.”

“Aw, is that all you can do Hamaguri? Insult me? Rin, Kisanata grab her. We’ll have to drag Rai to Athentha, seeing Hamaguri has control of her. Don’t’ worry—“He eyed Kisanata and Rin’s faces. “He can only insult people.”

“Uh Kharris,” Rin said nervously. “Rai just punched me in the freaking eye! That’s not insulting that’s freaking hitting! Damn Kharris you’re not a bright demon.” He heard a fierce growl come from Kharris and gulped. “I’m just saying! Geeze you need—“

“Happy pills!” Kisanata yelled. “You both do. I’m sure it’d make the journey much easier.” Kisanata looked at Rai, she glared back at the monkey. “I’m sure once we get back to Athentha, Rai will be normal again. I hope. Unless Athentha’s legends differ or something like that.” She smiled. “Then we might have a problem on our hands.”

Kharris sighed as they walked on and dragged Rai along. She was chained to prevent anymore injuries or casualties. That would happen mostly to Rin. The sun rose a bit higher as they entered the Aileah forest that led to Aileah. Rai broke free and ran toward the huge town. Kharris Rin and Kisanata ran after her—again. She had a faster speed losing them shortly. The three sighed, this wasn’t good. Rin looked at Kharris and sighed. Whatever was going on between them wasn’t helping them now.

Was it about Hamaguri? Did they share anything that haunted Kharris? Or did this already happen and Rai was reliving this again? Rin looked at Kisanata as she followed Kharris. He did as well silently thinking again like usual. He sighed, not clear of anything anymore. And if he didn’t get anything, it’d become unraveled and confused him even more. Kisanata and Kharris stopped, Rin bumped into them. He fell to the ground and rubbed his head. He looked up at them. The forest did not seem right.

Rai appeared from nowhere and grabbed Rin by the neck, vines entrapped Kharris and Kisanata preventing them from interfering on the fight. Rai held the scythe at him letting go of him. She was challenging him to a fight. Kisanata and Kharris struggled against the vines. Rai watched Rin as he picked up the ashy gray axe from his back. She smirked and held the scythe as he sighed. Human versus half-breed possessed by a demon, not good it looks like, Rin thought. But no terms, Rai won’t stop until I’m dead I’m afraid. Why is this happening? I don’t see why destroying me will do anything—then again she isn’t in her state of mind. He gulped and held the axe ready now.

Rai ran at Rin the scythe slashing diagonal against his chest and he stumbled. Blood trickled down grazing the ground. He stabbed the axe into her knee blood poured down her leg. Rai slashed against Rin’s back along with a sweep kick. He fell to the ground. She yelled telling him to get up. Rin stood up and swung the axe at Rai’s cheek as it grazed it, blood trickled down her face and down her throat. He swung at her again cutting her shoulder deeply, the blood pouring down her arm. She grabbed her dagger and slashed open Rin’s leg showing muscle and bone.

He conjured up a few needles and threw them at her but she blocked them with her arm. Rai ran at him slashing his shoulder wide open, reddish black blood ran down his arm. Veins made a sick popping sound as did the bones. Rai came at him once again slashing his torso. Kharris broke free of the vine prison and got in between them. She held the scythe tip at his jugular. He growled gripping the blade cutting his hand wide open and the blood a dark blackish colour blood covered the blade. Kisanata held Rin up as Rai growled.

“Enough!” yelled Kharris throwing the scythe away. “If you want to kill someone, kill me Saimiricho.” He embraced her covering his body in her blood. “You better leave Rin out of it. Do you want Akira to be disappointed in you?”
Report Spam   Logged

Rin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 06:28:07 am »

“Kharris,” Rai said her voice soft as she had gained control again unsure of what had just occurred but knew that she had hurt Rin. “I’m sorry.” She choked this out in tears as she had seen the damage she had made to her and Rin. It was the first time in years she had shown tears. “I didn’t mean to attack Rin, it just happened like that. Hamaguri made me—he said everything I did for him would bring Akira back. If I did what he said, he’d give Akira back. Was I lied to?” Rai looked at Kharris silent.

“Yeah.” He said softly. “He ain’t coming back. Akira’s dead. Don’t worry about it, we know that he did. You weren’t in your state of mind but his. It is okay, the human will live.” He held Rai for he had broken the hold Hamaguri had placed on her. “We got to continue onward. We have to stop Hamaguri before any huge damage is done.”

“Rin, Kisanata,” she said, “Please forgive me for the damage I caused to you. I didn’t mean to harm you. If I did, I am truly sorry.” She stood in Kharris’ embrace and whispered. “Akira promise me you’ll protect me like before. We have to go back to my homeland.”

“Yeah,” Kharris said whispering, “I promise Rai.”

They walked through the woods all a bit glad Rai was back to normal like Kisanata had stated. They headed to Athentha, all four ready to combat Hamaguri. Kharris looked back at Rai. Why did she call me Akira? And why did he answer for me? He thought. Maybe I am his reincarnation but I don’t get it. I was Kharris since birth and now all of a sudden I’m becoming the human she loved. It doesn’t make any sense. Kisanata skipped ahead as Rai laughed a bit at this then ate the elven bread hungrily for she hadn’t eaten since before meeting Katabami again.

Rai eyed Kharris and he looked at her, a smirk crept upon his face. She grabbed his hand reading his mind with her mind reading ability. Rai saw memories that didn’t belong to Kharris but Akira. Kharris made her let go of him and walked ahead, Kisanata spoke saying her village was twenty five miles from Aileah. Rin looked between Kharris and Rai. Puzzled again but it was expected. Why wouldn’t it be between them?

Rin shook his head then. He didn’t get demons at all. He was a human, after all. His wounds slowly healed unlike them. He stared at them, remembering the look Rai had given him before battle. He knew his trust of the guardian was gone. He could no longer believe she would be the one to save him. He had to start doing that himself. They set up camp near Aileah as the sun began to set into the orange and silver coloured lining. The fire from the camp a blazed brightly leaving only shadows of them showing. Eating marsh mellows and smores they laughed. Kisanata told ghost stories and that made Rin shiver. Rai layed her head on Kharris’ shoulder, he grinned and tickled her. Rin and Kisanata laughed. Offended Rai got up and went for a walk as Kharris chased after her. Kisa and Rin tried to scare each other until they fell asleep. It was late.

~*~

Rai walked along the lake deep in thought as the moon shone on her. Kharris had caught up to her and glomped her to the ground. Helping her up, he looked into her eyes. Rai looked down memories of Akira flooded her mind. She fell against Kharris tears falling now and her eyes half closed. He held her against him as if it would mean anything to comfort her. He didn’t understand what was happening to her. Why does she feel so sad? He thought. She has begun to change since meeting that human. It’s all unraveling because of this journey. He heard her whisper Akira’s name. Why does she think I’m Akira? He thought again. I’m nothing like him. He was a soft caring human. I am a demon. We are not the same. He sighed. Rai couldn’t get past Akira’s death as if it just happened. He was a part of her, always. Kharris looked at the stars.

He was confused. He looked down at Rai. Her wounds had reopened plus the new ones that she received in her battle with Rin had also opened. The blood ran onto his arms and chest. He grabbed the bandages and began to wrap up the injuries. He made it tight but not too tight hoping it would stop the bleeding. She didn’t struggle. He heard soft crying and looked up at Rai. He had never seen her like this. She was always a tough ass half-breed, never showing her emotions and now here after so long she was breaking down. She beat her fists against his chest and he grabbed her fists. He tried to calm her down. She glared at him as if this was his entire fault. Rain fell slightly as they looked at each other without words.

He lowered her arms and she looked down. Kharris let go of her and she lit a cigarette blowing a smoke ring into the air. She shook her head. Kharris came near her and held her again. He didn’t get her at all. She can never let herself be her. Not since Akira died. She keeps herself in denial, in disguise of her true self. I wonder how messed up she really is. He thought. Did she even get herself? Probably not. She flicked the cigarette in the lake. She looked up at Kharris, he always reminded her of Akira. But he was dead wasn’t he? This had always made Rai think. She had seen him die yet here she felt he was standing right in front of her.

Oh well. She thought. If he was Akira he would have already told me. I feel he is still here with me, but I know he’s dead. He can never come back. He’s in the Otherworld now. Rai sighed and closed her eyes halfway. Kharris grinned and wondered if this was different from the time she had dragged him to that store and—he shuddered at the thought as he and Rai were soaked head to feet from the rain. But neither cared as they walked back to the campsite. Dawn broke now. Kisa was up already.

Rin was waking up. Rai kicked him in the shin and laughed. She had kicked his ass and was proud of it. She could now hold it over his head. Probably forever too. Rin rubbed his shin and mumbled something. They put out the fire and walked down the path toward Aileah. No one had eaten in past ninety six hours well real food. Amazingly Rin was still alive since humans needed to eat unlike demons and half-breeds that could last. All of their stomachs growled. Kisanata skipped down the path. Amazingly she was the one always eating and yet she wasn’t complaining. They were all shocked.

Mid afternoon all had fallen to the slouched positions, all hungry and about to faint. Rin made a bet first to faint pays one hundred dollars. He had the order of Kisa, him Kharris Rai. They agreed. Now it was later, Rai was on her last cigarette and that wasn’t good. Especially when she didn’t have any when she needed them. She was extremely mean without them it seemed. Wait she was always mean why would it matter now? Rin looked around blinking. It had been raining all day and continued now. They had to walk through the mud and rain, Kisanata and Rin complaining every five minutes. Rai was about to kill them both if Kharris didn’t hold her back reassuring her that it was almost over.
They exited the forest and all four looked around drenched from the rain that wouldn’t stop falling. Rai held her blade close, the sounds emitting from this peculiar forest made her uneasy. Besides traveling with two demons and a human didn’t make her feel safe either. Rin held onto Kisanata as Kharris looked around. Rai stepped a bit more into the darkened forest unaware of what would occur next. A vampire stood in the tree his fangs gleaming in a sickened smirk. Kharris pushed them down as an arrow came flying at them. Rai stood up dusting herself off and picked up her blade sheathing it. She unsheathed her win blades, seeing how she was better at combating vampires with them. As she looked at her arm, she saw it was bleeding and she mumbled as the vampire jumped down. He walked towards the group still holding that sickening smirk. He knew who they were and would enjoy ripping them apart.

“So you decided to venture into Aileah and its forest grounds without permission from our lord?” he asked. He stared at them especially Rai. She didn’t like it one bit. “Foolish beings. Should have stayed home. Well I guess we’ll have to take care of you and rip your body to pieces. I’m sure Hell will welcome you warmly.”

“Your lord?” Rai asked holding the twin blades tight. “I see you think you can kill us that easily. I am afraid your lord no longer lives. I took care of him myself and sent him to Hell. You’re welcome to join him. Next time you want to ambush us with your pathetic friends you should be quieter.”

She growled and ran at the vampire slashing in every way at the vampire’s torso and neck. He grabbed her arm pulling her forward into him. He grinned, though blood poured out of him. His black eyes gleamed with a sick smile as he threw her blades away. He showed a little of his fangs not knowing what she was about to do. She had pulled a dagger like stake out and slammed it into his chest. He dropped her slamming into the tree then exploded. She dusted herself off and shook her head.

“Stupid asshole thinking he could beat me. And for thinking he could beat you guys. Well except for Rin, we all know he’d be begging for his life.” Rin glared at her.

“You okay?” Rin asked looking at Rai. “He didn’t bite you did he?” He saw the shadows creeping up and knew this wasn’t good. “I don’t think we should linger here any longer. I think that vampire had friends. We could be in serious trouble right now.”

Rin backed up seeing a ball of string roll by. Kisanata lunged at it hitting Rin making them fall in a tangled heap. The shadows laughed an eerie laugh as the ball of string vanished. The vampires jumped out of the shadows all having that sick smirk the first vampire held. Rin stood up and dusted himself off but kicked Kisanata in the head in the process. The vampires surrounded the group, all having their fangs bared and ready to strike. They backed into each other and gulped. Rai smirked.

Rai picked up the fallen twin blades and held them at the main vampire of the group. He looked familiar as if from a bad dream. She grinned as the others were clueless. She jumped over the vampire slicing his back open with the left twin blade as she landed on the tree trunk. She laughed but the vampire was unamused. Rin looked at the other vampires then at Rai. She jumped down slashing at his back once more. Ripping wide open, his blackish red blood gushed out and down his skin. The vampire growled in pain.

As she kicked the vampire in the back she told the others to run to Aileah. The vampire gave orders for the other vampires to disband. Both groups did what was said. Rai stood as the vampire got up. He was not pleased a mere girl had done so much damage to him before the battle even begun. She held both twin blades ready as he pulled out his hook swords. The rain fell harder as the two stood there face to face. Neither moved waiting for the other to strike.

“It’s been a long time my dear. Why how you have grown since we last raged war against each other. Do you still refuse my offer to join me in eternity?” He grinned as she readied herself in case he planned a sneak attack. “Now here we are again blades drawn ready to destroy each other. But you won’t win so easily, I am a vampire after all. I’d take more than your brute strength to take me down.”

“Choban—how did you manage to live? Suck the life out of your weak followers? Or merely the villagers of Aileah? I still won’t agree to your  terms. You’re insane to think that. Besides once we are done here you won’t be alive to see that plan through. I don’t give a damn if you sold your soul to Satan to become a vampire, I will kill you.”

She pulled up the twin blades wondering how exactly you kill the undead. It’s not as easy as killing a living creature. Despite what everyone says. Rai was puzzled, she could dissemble him but then again he could reform. She was in a dilemma. So she did what was natural to her. Running at Choban she slashed at a forty five degree angle at his torso. Unable to catch her, it left a gash letting blood fall down. He was not pleased, seeing that she was able to hit him. She pivoted on her left foot turning around as she ran at him again slashing up at his neck hitting hard at his jugular. Eyeing the blood that fell she stood holding the bloodied twin blades. She had to think of a way to kill the vampire. Though she had slashed him he could probably heal himself. But here he was bleeding. Maybe he didn’t have the healing ability like other vampires? She waited for his move, the blood dripping from her blades to the ground.
Choban grabbed her by the neck and she growled. He grinned as he pulled her near him. He picked up the twin blades with ease and tossed them aside. His hand slowly went down her face. He would claim her as her father had promised her. Then again her father promised her to a lot of people. She was his bargaining chip, which pissed her off greatly. As she stared at him, he bared his fangs and dug them into her neck. He drank greedily as she struggled to get free. She reached for her twin blade and stabbed it into his heart. He let go of Rai as he stumbled back. Her blades were made from the High Priests of Ebony-Yahera. He clutched at it trying to remove it but he couldn’t as he laid there dead. She stumbled over and grabbed the twin blade pulling it out. She stood there for a moment slumped over looking through her raven hair at Kisanata and Rin. Then she collapsed to the ground passing out.

Kisanata and Rin had seen her fall and ran over to the area. Kharris gently picked her up seeing the wounds made from the vampire. Cuts and minor bleeding. Nothing big to the pirate. His eyes widen in horror as his eyes traced down to her neck to see two tiny bite marks embedded in her skin. They walked Aileah in silence. Kisanata and Rin looked at each other then at Kharris. What had happened to make him look so pale? He wouldn’t tell them even if they asked. It was quiet and the silence was good for now.

Aileah’s gates layed close as the rain fell harder on them. Kharris banged extremely hard on the gates. The gates opened mysteriously and they entered Aileah. They walked to the doctor’s hut which was located in the center of the village. They all looked at each other. Kharris banged on his door and it creaked opened. A small man, no taller than Kisanata looked at the bunch and asked what they wanted. Pushing his way through, Kharris laid Rai on the little bed. He told Kisanata to get water. Kharris sat on the bed looking at the pirate before looking at the doctor. He stated she had been bit by a vampire. Rin’s eyes widened. He then grabbed a wet washcloth and dabbed her wounds. Torikabuto Heishi, who was the doctor, watched him sending the younger two out to get medical supplies. Without a fight they agreed. He then turned his attention back on to Kharris and Rai. He had never seen someone so attached to someone like he did now.

“She was bit—“Kharris started. “I wasn’t there to protect her like I promised her. It’s my fault.” He looked at the doctor then back at Rai. “I should have stayed to help her with that damn vampire.”He clenched his fists shaking his head. “Can you treat her doc? Or are we wasting our time?”
Report Spam   Logged

Rin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 06:31:19 am »

“Well—“Heishi said as he knelt down to examine the pirate. “I don’t think you can cure vampire bites. She probably won’t turn because of her race.”

He nodded as the doctor gave one final look over. Kharris picked up Rai and walked outside. Kisanata and Rin returned with the supplies, both medical and food. Kharris told them they were leaving now both nodded. As they headed to the dock Kharris was beginning to think like the pirate. Instead of buying a ship with his own money he planned to steal one. Guess hanging around with pirates will make you start acting like one if it’s a long duration of time spent. Besides they were overpriced by many and he didn’t feel like going through the paperwork.

They reached the dock and looked at the ships. Kharris handed Rai over to Kisanata and Rai. She was still unconscious, her wounds still healing from the battle. Kharris then went ship hunting. The dock owner watched him carefully; she didn’t trust him even though she thought he was cute. But then again the cute ones always caused trouble. Kharris eyed the big ship that was latched to the port with heavy rope on each side and grinned. It was a malicious grin after all, he learned it from Rai. He looked over his shoulder at Haboki and waved innocently. Besides stealing ships was Rai’s plan. He was just helping the unconscious pirate get to Athentha. He walked back to the little shop as if he was going to buy one and took a sharp right meeting up with Kisanata and Rin. Rai was standing a bit slumped over, but was awake. Her raven hair was in her dark velvet eyes again as she looked at Kharris.

All was in motion. She nodded to them and with the ounce of strength she had recovered jumped on the ship and helped Kisanata and Rin aboard. She unsheathed her blade cutting the rope one by one. They were thick and heavy making it slow to undo. Kharris heard a screaming as he stood there for a mere moment. Following behind Haboki was the shop keeper. Can this day get any worse? Kharris thought. What the hell did those two idiots do now? He looked up to see the pirate lifting him up onto the ship as Rin cut the last rope. For the two had stolen the food and didn’t pay. As the ship sailed, Haboki sighed and fell to her knees unable to stop the robbers. Rai leaned back against the ledge and pulled out a cigarette. Lighting it, she blew a puff of smoke in the air shaking her head. Idiots I swear, Rai thought as she looked at them. It’s every day I have to save their asses from their idiotic stunts. She held the over stocked medical box and placed it down. She pulled out a bandage wrap and wrapped it around her hand. Kisanata and Rin held the food box overfilled with stolen food. As they placed it in the kitchen they rampaged through it grabbing fruit. For they hadn’t eaten in a while and their stomachs growled. Rai called back not to eat it all.

They nodded as the ship sailed on. They had left Haboki sitting at the dock in failure. She wasn’t pleased with Kharris. But she did know he’d pull something like that. Ever since he hung out with Rai. She was a bad influence. But when they left Rai just gave her a big smile knowing she had outwitted the human girl again. As the ship sailed Rai knew trouble would follow. Humans liked to cause trouble. And to get the last word in. Also to prove they are right no matter how wrong they are. She blew another puff of smoke in the air and watched the sky. It was a bit calming to be away from the humans for a while. She threw the cigarette into the ocean as her weary eyes approached and landed on Kharris. He was leaning against the railing across from her, his arms crossed and eyes half closed. Kisanata and Rin were in the kitchen eating.

They were filling their stomachs with food until they exploded. Kharris walked towards Rai and smirked at her. She raised her eyebrow at him becoming silent. He embraced her holding her tight and she felt something. It was like someone else embracing her. Rai didn’t move as she just tried to understand what on earth was going on. This time as she stood there longer it became Kharris’ own actions. Kharris looked at her in confusion. Rai leaned back against the rail lighting another cigarette and blew smoke rings at him smirking a bit.

He liked Rai like this. Like she cared. Maybe she was getting her true self back. It could be a possibility. A little bit of miraculous hope it could be. Kharris went to get them food. He hoped when he went into the kitchen the two had left some food left. That would be another miracle. Kharris chuckled as he entered the kitchen and grabbed some fruit, mostly pineapples for Rai seeing that was all she ate. And he also grabbed some sandwiches seeing how he had to eat too, thinking he could probably force one or two of them down her throat. He looked at Kisanata and Rin chuckling at them. They didn’t know why he was laughing at them but he was. He then looked at the food and in a mocking tone said not to eat it all in one day. They nodded their faces full unbelievably stuffed to answer. He walked back out to find Rai sitting against the mast. Her back was towards him as if she was thinking. He climbed the ladder and stood before her. He tapped her on the shoulder and she took the fruit leaving the sandwich on the tray.  He sat the tray down as he sat beside the pirate.

“Are you doing any better? You’re always having mood swings,” he said as she didn’t look at him. He just gave her a worried look but she didn’t see it. “Maybe you’re becoming you—you know the real you?” He smiled a little and bit into the apple. All the time grinning. “Maybe life will get better now that you’re not the hateful bitch you usually are. This could be a new start to you, isn’t it a good—“

“Stop spitting apple pieces at me damn it,” she said as she dodged the apple chunks coming from his mouth as he spoke. “Life getting better eh? Life will never get better. Want to know why? Because we are half-breeds. Don’t you remember Kharris or did you decide to block that part from your tiny brain? Or did you happen to forget along this unneeded side quest?” Rai ate the pieces of pineapple she had cut up and sighed. Placing a hand on her neck she shook her head. “Plus we have a destructive side to us. So tell me how it is suppose to get better if we aren’t like them?”

“So we ain’t human, so what? That never bothered us before and look where we are. We are on a ship to save the world. Irony eh? The ones everyone thought would get nowhere in life are saving the world. Don’t get caught up on these things.” He said as he crossed his arms leaning against the mast. “That’s us. Half-breeds and we can save—look we aren’t different from them in fact—“he paused seeing if she was looking at him. She wasn’t. “We are all the same. And that’s what counts.”

“Pfft. Same eh? Whatever you say,” Rai shook her head as she lit a cigarette and blew a puff of smoke at Kharris. He coughed and she smirked. “You my friend have been hanging around too many humans and have too much air in that head of yours. You’re starting to act like one yourself.” They both laughed at that. “Besides humans will never accept our type. But hey if that’s what you think go ahead. Akira thought the same thing and look where it got him. He’s dead in the ground pushing up daisies. Do you see what kind of thinking that does?”

Kharris nodded with a half grin. Rai threw the cigarette onto the ocean and then looked back at Kharris. He looked at the clouds. He wondered why Rai was talking so grimly about the one she cared so much about. Then again this was Rai and she was hardly pleasant. He wondered how she acted around him. He had mixed thoughts and so he climbed down the ladder and went into his room. He layed down on the bed closing his eyes halfway. Kharris looked at the ceiling he was thinking again. A soft knock came to his door and he got up to answer it. He opened it shocked to see Rai standing there. She looked at him before collapsing into his arms. His eyes widened then.

He eyed the dagger sticking out of her back. It was lodged just above her spine. Any lower and it would have paralyzed her from the waist down. He pulled it out, the blood clinging to the blade then dripped onto his hand. He heard a commotion and ran outside carrying the pirate to see a ship sailing against them. It was a human’s ship and Kharris cursed. Damn it. Rai blows up a village people come. She steals a ship no one is using and people come. Maybe she’s right—Kharris thought. Damn Haboki couldn’t just let it go could she? Rai mumbled as she stood and limped to see the human ship. She was in no condition to fight but she wouldn’t stand there and look weak in front of everyone. Kharris knew that as he stood beside her. Doing this he looked exactly like Akira. Rai yelled for Rin and Kisanata to load the cannons as the ship came into range. They hurried to the cannons loading them in a rush as she yelled fire. The cannon balls came flying out and into the other ship. As the smoke cleared, the humans had jumped on to her ship as theirs sank. She growled fiercely.

The humans surrounded them as Rai unsheathed her twin blades. Kisanata gleamed with joy she would finally get to try out her new gauntlets in a fight. Rin just stood there unsure if to fight against his own kind. Then again it was them who invaded the stolen fleeing ship. Kharris unsheathed his blade, he wouldn’t let Rai get hurt again. Not like in Aileah. The humans eyed them laughing almost. Scratch that they were laughing at this bunch of misfits holding weapons as if they were going to actually fight. In her weakened state, she ran at them pivoting on her right heel and jumped off the ledge straight at them slashing violently in all directions at their bodies. She stood slumped over blood covering her as the humans fell to the ground, heads limbs and other body parts sliding off their support places. Hearts livers and organs bursting open. Kisanata kicked and punched a couple as they fell to the ground she cut off limbs placing them in her pockets with a grin. Especially the fingers and teeth. All that was left was the captain. Of course Kharris and Rin helped take care of the intruders. The massacre of the captain’s crew was a bloody one and no one had survived it. Rai told Kharris to finish him off as she dragged Kisanata along to repair the ship. Kharris nodded and held the bloody blade at the captain, his fangs bared. Rai suddenly fell to her knees paralyzed from the dagger. It had finally set in which the captain was waiting for. Kharris still had his fangs bared—even though he never killed humans before this time was different. He had touched Rai and that had angered him.

“What the hell did you do to her?!” he yelled as he ordered Rin to check on Rai and Kisanata. He nodded and ran to them. “I swear you will die by my hands for touching her.”

“Aw did I pinch a nerve vampire?” the captain said mockingly. “To bad. I’m afraid the paralyzing dagger I placed in her finally came into effect. Then again she could just be unconscious. Who knows? But now she won’t interfere with our battle. You did escape me back in Ivy Moon but here you can’t.”

“Shut up. You’re still just a human. I can easily crush you. She’s not. Rai will overcome your paralyzing junk and take your life. No better yet I will. So you can just wipe that ugly sneer smile or whatever you call it off that ugly face of yours,” Kharris said smirking. “Or I can do it for you. I’d be very happy to see your lifeless corpse fall into the ocean’s depths where no one can see it ever again.”

“You’d like that wouldn’t you?” he asked as Kharris raised his blade to the human’s jugular. “Do you think she’d love you like she did Akira? Yes everyone knew of that half-breed’s love with the human. Do you think she’ll treat you the same? Get that out of your head. Let me end your suffering by sending you all to Hell!”

Kharris growled and ripped open his trachea letting the blood drip down with his blade. He then slashed open the man’s body with a single swipe. He picked up the limp body and threw it overboard. He knew that his words meant nothing to him. Rai was another subject to deal with much later. He walked to where Rin, Kisanata and Rai where.
Inside he heard Akira’s voice screaming at him for taking a life. He pushed it to the back of his mind unsure of what to do with it. He reached the others and saw Rai sitting up. She saw the blood on Kharris clothes and face and knew. He dropped the bloody blade beside him. Rin was bandaging her back and other wounds. Kisanata was eating an apple. He sighed in relief as he kneeled beside Rai. He didn’t care he was bleeding. Rai pushed the hair out of his face cupping it. Rin and Kisanata walked into the kitchen to leave the two alone. He winced in pain but didn’t show it. She still cupped his face, trying to understand why he had taken life. Kharris wasn’t like that. Rai had told the two not to eat any Aileahian food since it was poisoned to protect it from being stolen so they had no food. But getting back to Rai and Kharris.
Report Spam   Logged

Rin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 06:39:11 am »

He stared at Rai his face bloodied from protecting her. She didn’t see this side of him. She was the violent type not him. Rai let go of him seeing him in discomfort. He stood pulling her up. Rai—I did it for you. Just remember my promise. I didn’t want you hurt. It’s my fault you became this way he thought but they weren’t his thoughts. They had no food except crackers and ale. They couldn’t live off of that. The ship possibly had food hidden somewhere among it. Kisanata picked up a magnifying glass to solve the mystery of the missing food [as she called it]. Rin said he’d help. Big mistake. Kharris and Rai decided to go back to their room. They had a dilemma. There were only two rooms and they would have to share. Rai and Kharris burst into laughter at the thought of Rin and Kisanata sharing a room. He probably wouldn’t make it out alive. Rai wasn’t about to share a room with the human even if Hell froze over. She walked into her and Kharris’ room and he followed in behind the pirate as he closed the door. She sat on the bed braiding her hair. He leaned against the wall crossing his arms. He watched Rai smirking at her.

Rai raised her eyebrow at him. He went into the bathroom to change into his [comfortable but covered in trains] pajamas. He came back out only to have Rai laugh her ass off at him. He crossed his arms again and she bit her lip. He climbed into bed and closed his eyes. He liked his train pajamas, they were his favourite and he didn’t care if people laughed at him especially Rai. She had fallen asleep laughing.

Meanwhile it wasn’t looking good for Rin. Kisanata had made him dress in a monkey suit and dance like one as well. She threw peanuts at him as he danced. The he had to clean her boots, make her dinner and tuck her in bed along with reading her a story so she could fall asleep.

As the night carried on and the ship sailing to Argil Island, the four travelers slept. Some better than others. Rai got up, she couldn’t sleep. She walked onto the deck of the large ship lighting a cigarette and blew a puff of smoke into the air. She was thinking again. It was a starry night and the clouds weren’t in the sky for once so it was a nice night. Rai blew another smoke ring at the moon as the ship continued onward. Her thoughts returned to the night of Athentha and Akira’s death. She shook her head at this.

The thoughts scattering now. She chuckled at the thought of those train pajamas Kharris was wearing again. She flicked the cigarette into the ocean after taking one last long drag of it and blowing the smoke into the air. Damn. How far is this god damn island? Rai thought. Stupid monkey. Why are we even going there? She shrugged looking at the sky again not really caring anymore about the subject. The rain that fell began again and the pirate sighed. Damn monkey island, like we need any more monkeys like Kisanata around. Rai thought as the rain drenched her. Can’t wait for this damn thing is over then I can go back to being a pirate. The ship sailed more as Kharris approached her silently in his pajamas and embraced her. She didn’t fight it. It was warm and she kinda liked it. Though to this day she would never admit it. Kharris knew that too but he came out to see Rai not pick a fight with her.

They stared at each other as the ship was almost to Argil Island. Rai looked up at Kharris half smirking. He smiled back. She stuck her hands in her pockets and he locked his fingers on the loops of her jeans. She was humming. Odd, Kharris thought. Never seen her so happy like this. It’s kinda freaking me out. He half closed his eyes a bit puzzled. He watched her dig through her pocket for a cigarette and found one as dawn broke and lit it. She blew a smoke ring at Kharris. They heard a commotion.

It came from Rin and Kisanata’s room and they walked toward it. Rai saw Kisa proudly standing there outside the room. She had a big smile on her face. That meant trouble was only going to follow. And it did as Kharris opened the door to see the—[horrific music playing here] bed moved a bit and something to tied to it. In kid pajamas, clown ones, laid Rin tied and gagged to the bed. Rai mumbled and blew more smoke rings at Kisa. She coughed in Rai’s face. Kharris busted out laughing at Rin’s predicament and Kisanata smiled. Rin struggled against the ropes yapping in a gagged voice. Rai sighed.

“I can’t understand you. What are you saying?” she asked. “You want to be set on fire?” he shook his head fast. “Hmm—how about glued and feathered? Is that what you’re saying human?” He shook his head again. “Ay, we need a gag dictionary, anyone got one for this?”

“Thanks Rai,” Kisanata said as Rai put her cigarette out on the rope and she looked at the monkey. “Well good news is we’re almost at the island, then its a few miles to my village. So who wants breakfast?”Kisanata [the food detective] had found food and it was a huge supply in the bottom deck behind a bunch of crates. “I can make omelets and hash browns if you like. Do we have to feed Rin? He can survive without food—right?”

“Afraid not Kisanata, he is a human after all. They don’t last long without it. So yeah we do to keep him alive. We do need him after all,” Kharris said. “That sounds good. But let me guess, you just moved the crates in the lower deck and presto it was there? Some detective you are.”

Kisa glared at Kharris then ran off to the kitchen to make breakfast. Rai untied Rin and helped him down as Kharris shook his head. Rai mumbled and walked to the kitchen to make sure Kisa didn’t burn the ship down. Rin looked at the demon and smiled, He rolled his eyes at the human growling low as a warning. Rin straightened his clothes out muttering. He was getting tired of this stuff. Either Rai or Kharris would hurt him and Kisanata would degrade him. He was tired of being the hero and deeply desired to go home. Rin sighed and walked out of the room as Kharris followed him. His arms were crossed like usual as they entered the kitchen. Rai sat at the table as Kisa finished making the hash browns. The omelets were on a plate covered to keep warm. All sat down and Kisa placed the plates of food down in front of everyone. Hers had the most seeing how she was kind of a glutton and they all ate. Afterwards they decided to explore the ship in pairs [Rin and Kisa, Rai and Kharris]. Rin sighed again knowing this wouldn’t be good. Rai walked down the hallway with Kharris dancing around and twirling. She fell laughing and he helped her up. He didn’t expect her to be like this. It puzzled the demon. Meanwhile, Kisanata and Rin explored the basement. She had made him her monkey sidekick. Which he had to don the monkey suit once more. But this time it couldn’t be taken off unless by her. He groaned.

He was handed a banana gun and they searched the basement finding hordes of food and ale. They began eating it forgetting about their adventure. They decided to explore the ship after they devoured some of the boxes. It was a superhero themed adventure and Rin felt like an ass as he was dressed as a monkey. They bumped into Rai and Kharris. They burst out laughing at Rin’s outfit. Rai couldn’t stop laughing as Rin dragged her into a room. He threw her into a wall as Kharris banged on the door. Rin growled at Rai as she stood up clearing her throat. The ship crashed into Argil Island. But Rin held her by the scruff of her neck anger in his eyes. Some guardian she is, he thought as he heard banging on the door. Damn it Kharris. Calm down already we are just talking. He let go of Rai and sat against the door. She lit a cigarette.

“Rai I have to tell you something,” Rin stated looking at her. “Akira’s not dead, he’s been living on Rhys then left searching for someone—a pirate girl that was raised in Athentha.” Rai’s eyes narrowed. “He’s been sighted last on Ivy Moon. I’m not lying if that’s what you’re thinking. His thoughts are connected to Kharris and I know you can feel them every time you touch him. Meaning he must be—“

“Enough!” yelled Rai extremely mad. “Enough of your lies human! Akira’s dead. I saw it with my own eyes.” She walked to the door. “And whatever that loser Lia told you is a god damn lie. He is like you, never learning to keep your nose out of things that don’t concern you! A horrible existence that should be destroyed if I didn’t need you for this god damn waste of time adventure to save the world.”

Rai left the room annoyed by Rin’s words. She walked right past Kharris and Kisanata without a word. A cigarette layed in between her index and middle fingers unlit. Her headache worse than last time made her head throb with unbearable pain. Kisanata kept Kharris from ripping Rin to shreds. He glared at Rin, baring his fangs swinging his fists in the air and had hit him in the eye. Kisa separated the two glaring at them as they glared at each other. She sighed shaking her head. Dammit, she thought, these two never stop competing for Rai. They act like two year olds. Thank god they don’t for me. I’d hafta kill them. Kharris stormed off in pure anger.

He opened the door to his room and went in. Rai was standing there. He closed the door and leaned against the wall, arms crossed. She lit a cigarette and blew a puff of smoke in the air as she took a drag of it. He didn’t expect an intrusion especially by the pirate after that little scene. But it seemed like something was on her mind like usual. Taking another drag of the cigarette and blowing a puff of smoke in the air she looked up at Kharris shaking her head. He came up to her and pushed her against the wall. Kharris put out her cigarette in her arm and she didn’t even scream or wince from the pain. She glared. Asshole, I should kill you if I didn’t like you, she thought. Kharris looked at Rai now, he saw a bit of panic in them and he kind of like that though she didn’t.

“What’s a matter Rai?” he asked smirking. “The human say something uncomfortable to you? Or is it because I’m pushing pain on to you like you do all the time to my bleeding broken heart?” Rai growled at him, he just laughed. “Is that suppose to scare me? Because it’s not. You can’t frighten me; I am much stronger than you. Easy girl, I just want to talk to you and this is the best way to get your full attention.”

“Let go of me or else!” she yelled. “Talk eh? You got a funny way of showing it Kharris. If you want to talk with me why are you being so rough? Maybe you found out what Rin does and you can’t handle it so you come to kill me off. Then what are you waiting for?”

Kharris looked at Rai. He wasn’t going to kill her. He couldn’t. It wasn’t in his blood like hers. He let go of her and she rubbed her neck. She stared at him for a minute before slapping him in the face. She walked out of their room. What the hell is wrong with him? Rai thought, he’s changed a lot since I came back. Shrugging she continued down the hall smoking her cigarette thinking once more. None of them knew they had made it to Argil Island and all were getting restless. Especially Kharris. He paced back and forth in his room. The voice in his head was screaming at him yet he didn’t know why. Rai is mad with you huh? She doesn’t show it but you pissed her off by doing that. Don’t you realize in that thick skull of yours she loves you? It thought. No, Kharris thought back, she doesn’t love me. She loves nothing since he died—Just defending herself because he left her. He mumbled and walked down the hall shaking his head trying to clear the voice away. But it didn’t go away and it made him mad.

He bumped into Rin and stopped. He was the problem in all this. Lifting his head he eyed Rin’s expression shaking his head once again. He hated the fact that the human knew more about Rai than he did. And the human hadn’t met her until she arrived on Rhys to get him. Unless he was snooping around like all humans did. He crossed his arms glaring at Rin. Rin glared right back at Kharris as they just stood there. The lightning flashed outside as all of them were stuck on the ship until the storm passed. And it didn’t look good for Rin [when did it ever look good for him?]. Neither moved.

“What’s your problem?” Rin asked still in the monkey suit glaring at Kharris. “Are you jealous or something that you have to continuously harass me? All on this journey that’s all you did. You glared at me and even tried to kill me. I am put up with it all until now. I’m in monkey suit thanks to your friend Kisa!” he held a gun in his hand. “You better tell her—“

“Do it yourself human,” said Kharris. “And what would be your god damn point? To make me feel pity for you? No way in Hell even if I was paid.” He crossed his arms. “So what do you desire now? Even though you know I don’t give a damn. And it better be quick because I have to check on Rai. And you’re in the way like usual human.”

“Didn’t tell her did you?” he asked. “That you’re really Akira and that Kharris is your alias.” Kharris growled, hatred burning in his eyes. “Rai has every right to know! You’re her best friend—her lover! Were you never going to tell her that you’re alive?”
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: