Ensnared
April 16, 2024, 03:26:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Big changes are coming soon!  Keep an eye open for more information!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Songs of Wind and Fire (AC/Alex)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Songs of Wind and Fire (AC/Alex)  (Read 1297 times)
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 11:06:03 pm »

He nodded in agreement.

"Well, to be fair, it wasn't easy for me to master using Zephyr. I had to work at it even then. Plus, I need a powerful enough source of a mantle to copy it, or be exposed to its energy for long enough." He shrugged. "I fought someone who used a lightning mantle on me, but I haven't been able to replicate it." he sighed before perking up.

"Not that it matters, between Zephyr and Caster, we're pretty much unstoppable." He chuckled. "Still, it's good that you can see the issues behind my power and you recognize them. It means you've got a good head on your shoulders." He added, giving her a respectful nod.

"Remember that when someone tries to tempt you with power."
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
The one who won't let this place die >.>
Administrator

Lay off the poor beavers, will ya?! SHEESH!!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 11:13:53 pm »

Smiling a bit as Andy gave more details into his use of wind, she kept in mind a few questions that remained on her mind as she listened.

"Lightning.... that's very powerful... but also very brief in stability.  I wouldn't be too surprised if it takes longer than you would expect; it shares that trait with fire at times.  But I'm pleased to hear you've found a reliable partner in Caster, although I'd try to keep some humility about it.", Asuna chuckled.

"And thank you.  I see you have the same sharpness in perception when it comes to power.  I think I will stay with mastering what I have, though learning as much as I can about the others is also something I have a vested interest in.  And on that topic, your mention of 'mantles' has got me curious.  What exactly are they?"
Report Spam   Logged

Can it wait? I'm just finishing up on some callibrations.
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 11:22:21 pm »

"From what I understand, a mantle is the mastery of an element. The ability to manipulate it by sheer willpower." He shrugged. "My former sensei told me as much, and I've confirmed it in my time with Zephyr." He sipped at his cup. "I'm not in a hurry to learn any other ones, but if I get the chance I'll at least try to get a basic knowledge." He smiled and looked to her.

"So, I think you've got my vote of confidence for membership from this talk...but something tells me that wouldn't be enough for you, or that you'd feel cheated, eh?" He asked with a knowing grin.
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 11:30:53 pm »

"I see.", Asuna remarked, mulling the idea over.  "Then its somewhat similar to the system I trained under.  My masters called it 'Mark of Mastery', and those who attained it were referred to by a title, like  'Proof of Fire'."

She stretched a bit, grinning at Andy's question, and got up.  "You'd be right.  I want to see how I hold up with experienced heroes; that way I can gauge my effectiveness in single and group combat, as well as just how powerful Mistresses are that they need to be handled by four or more heroes."
Report Spam   Logged

AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 11:36:04 pm »

Andy sat his cup down and stood up, offering a hand to Caster to help her rise as well.

"Alrighty, lets head down to the training field for a bit of sparring then. Loser has to buy supper?" He asked with a smirk.
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 11:37:14 pm »

Caster took Andy's hand, quickly getting up with a hop and a smile, while Asuna nodded in agreement with the terms.

"Sounds good."
Report Spam   Logged

AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 11:50:11 pm »

With that, Andy would lead the trio out to the large, grassy training field. A gentle wind blew through the air and made the grass dance as if to greet the heroes. Andy stepped away from Caster and stretched his arm above his head.

"Nngh~...I'm still a little sore, but no worse for the wear." He said, turning his attention to Asuna. With a quick thrust of his arms, he would send out a small burst of wind. It made the grass bend away from him and the bottoms of Caster and Asuna's attires flutter in the breeze. With that, he dropped into a fighting stance.

"Whenever you're ready~."
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 11:58:43 pm »

Asuna followed Andy out to a well-manicured training field, feeling the wind being guided by Andy's influence as he gave a little demonstration of his control.  She just smirked, popping her knuckles and stretching her limbs a bit to warm them up.  Once he assumed a fighting stance, though, she dropped into her own, and an aura of flame spread around her body, though it did not singe the grass.  Still, the heat was palpable, and Andy got the feeling that if he hit her, it might hurt a bit.

"Alright.  Don't hold back too much.", she said with a serious expression, as she launched a punch at Andy's midsection.

Aura of the Blazing Zephyr (passive): Asuna has learned how to harness her magical talents to provide assistance or detrimental effects in battle.  Once per turn, she can choose to shift her aura between fire, wind, or a combination of the two, with unique effects to each:

Fire: Any fire-based attack made on her is nullified, and any physical attack that damages or does CC made on her has an 80% chance to deal 5 fire damage from contact.

Punch/Kick (considered basic attack), 90% chance, deals 10 damage: A highly accurate strike.

115 hp
Report Spam   Logged

AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2013, 12:02:27 am »

(76)

The punch was quick, and the aura managed to distract Andy enough so that he couldn't react in time. He blocked the brunt of the punch, and hopped away from her.

"Alright, so touching you is bad..." He created a small ball of wind. "No prob~." he said, lunging forward at her.

Gale Burst
80% 20 HP (50% Effect)
A sphere of wind is formed and then bursted against an opponent on impact. Has a chance to make all attacks against the opponent 5% more like to hit as they stagger. Grants 1 Wind Counter.

Stay in the Fight
Andy’s body has changed after his Near-Death Experience with his teacher, his healing ability increasing to the point of slow regeneration. He is able to better regain his focus as well. Andy heals 5 HP and CC per turn when he is above 50% of his HP, this increases to 10 HP per turn when he is below that mark.

(235 HP 1 Wind Counter)
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2013, 06:10:00 pm »

(63, 30 for effect)

Unable to dodge in time, Asuna clenched her teeth as she tried to regain her footing from the attack.

"Nnngh... seems we both have our own tricks."

Her fists seemed to flare with more power, before she focused the fire into a single ball, firing at point-blank range.

Blaze Fist (fire magic), 80% chance, deals 15 fire damage (break): An attack that can be used at close to mid range, Asuna focuses the flames around her fist before punching at the target, sending the condensed flame at them like a shot.

95 hp
Report Spam   Logged

AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 07:54:06 pm »

(64)

Andy couldn't quite block the way he wanted, and so he winced as the fiery fist smacked into him. He blew on slightly burnt patch of skin and waved his arm.

"Ouch, I was right about that fire of yours." He brought his hands to his sides. "Let's see if I can't cool you down." He thrust his arms forward, sending a great gust of wind surging at Asuna. It was similar to how he had started the fight.

Wind on the Plains
65% 25 HP AoE
Wind is gathered in and then bursted out from Andy's body. Hits all enemies within a wide range, and cancels out any CC passives for the turn. Grants 1 Wind Counter, 2 upon impact with any enemy.

(+5 HP from SitF, 225 HP, 2 Wind Counters)
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2013, 01:37:17 am »

(57-5)

The attack hit Asuna, but even as she recoiled from the damage, she noted how Andy slightly telegraphed the variances of his attacks.

"Powerful... and varied in effect.  You've gotten clever in how to manipulate wind.  Looks like I should up my game.", she grinned, as her aura surged further.

Wind/Flame Strikes, 85% chance: Not necessarily an attack, but a focusing of her magic into her physical attacks.  When successful, and depending on her aura, her physical attacks deal an extra 5 fire or wind damage for three turns, and are considered both a physical and magical attack.  This skill does not take up her action for the round, but cannot be used again until the previous use has expired.

(26)

The flames seemed to wrap around her now, almost like a second skin, and Asuna sped towards Andy in a blaze.

Comet Punch, 80% chance, deals 20 fire damage (break): Asuna uses wind to speed up her attack before switching to fire the second before she hits, making her attack look like an incoming comet.  Once used, the attack cannot be used again for three turns due to the rapid expenditure of mana.

70 hp
Report Spam   Logged

AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 01:45:31 am »

(81)

Even with the charging up and telegraphing, Andy was only barely able to dodge out of the way in time. He spun to the left, another sphere forming in his right hand as he completed his spin. He aimed to slam the sphere right into Asuna's back.

"And here's the old standby!"

Gale Sphere
75% 35 HP 30% Stun
A sphere of emerald wind gathers in Andy’s hand, he charges forward to slam it harshly into a foe. Grants 2 Wind Counters upon contact, 1 on a miss. One turn cooldown.

(230 HP, 3 Wind Counters.)
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 01:52:56 am »

(54, 19)

Asuna was unprepared for the severity of Andy's attack, and flew some distance before landing on her side, wincing.

"Ughhh...dammit.... that... really hurts..."

(stunned; 35 hp)
Report Spam   Logged

AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2013, 01:57:43 am »

Andy walked over to help Asuna up. Once she was standing, he took a few hops back.

"Alright, I think it's time you hit me with your best shot, Asuna." He closed his eyes, the grass beginning to whip around near his feet. "But I'm not gonna make it easy on you..."

Andy's hair stood back, the tips taking on an emerald color. When he opened his eyes they shone with a green light.

"Alright! Throw everything you've got at me!" He grinned.

Cyclone Effect!
Passive
When Andy is in Zephyr form he gains new passives and improvements to current passives:

Soothing Winds
Passive
Each turn, all allies around Andy, including himself may recover 10 CC and 5 HP, or Andy may forgo his healing to grant his allies a 10 HP 15 CC healing.

Flowing Freely
Passive
Andy becomes faster, almost hovering off the ground when he moves. He gains a +10% dodge bonus as a result.

(230 HP, 5 Wind Counters)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: