Ensnared
March 29, 2024, 08:17:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have a new chat room online!  Please see the "News" section for it's location.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Songs of Wind and Fire (AC/Alex)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Songs of Wind and Fire (AC/Alex)  (Read 1266 times)
DrgnmastrAlex
The one who won't let this place die >.>
Administrator

Lay off the poor beavers, will ya?! SHEESH!!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2013, 02:09:38 am »

Still wincing from the pain, Asuna was slightly irritated at how Andy had been making her look.  As his power surged, she did the same, combining her mastery over wind and fire.

Aura of the Blazing Zephyr (passive): Asuna has learned how to harness her magical talents to provide assistance or detrimental effects in battle.  Once per turn, she can choose to shift her aura between fire, wind, or a combination of the two, with unique effects to each:

Fire and Wind: A devastating aura that Asuna only uses when the time calls for it.  All her attacks involving fire and wind magic deal 10 more damage, but she can only maintain this for four turns before she has to disengage her aura to avoid oxygen deprivation.

"Fine.  I was tempted to do this anyway."

She focused her power, hoping it would be enough to start the chain reaction she wanted.

Infernal Tempest (considered both fire and wind magic), 65% chance (special attack): This unique attack targets everything around Asuna for a good 50 yards, meaning anything she is fighting will be caught up in the spell if it is successfully cast (roll is made by character's owner).  Requiring a large amount of concentration, Asuna stirs up the air, creating conditions for her fire to ignite and start a flaming mini-tornado.  All who are involved in the fight, save for Asuna, take an initial 30 fire damage during the first round, and 5 fire and 5 wind damage for each round thereafter for four turns.  Anyone in the area who is resistant or immune to fire will still take 15 damage from the sheer force and pressure from the initial casting, then 5 wind damage per turn for four turns.  This attack rapidly drains Asuna's mana, and after a successful use, she cannot use it again, nor can she use any magic for three turns.

(56; success)

The wind rippled, swirling around them at high speeds, as the air grew hotter and hotter, before a single burst of flame spread into a fiery tornado that enveloped the both of them.

"This is my greatest spell!  Let's see how you hold up!"

(35 hp, +5 fire damage from Flame Strikes, +10 fire and wind damage from passive)
Report Spam   Logged

Can it wait? I'm just finishing up on some callibrations.
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2013, 02:19:57 am »

Andy's eyes widened at the great, fiery tornado before him. He was pushed back despite his own wind pushing forward. The hot air stinging at his skin, and making his stance falter. He shook his body off, trying to stand tall in the raging gale.

"Pretty impressive, but you can't keep that up forever." He said, holding his left arm behind him. He created another sphere, and cocked his right fist back. The wind and fire still biting into him.

He was waiting for the right time to strike, curious to see what else Asuna could do.

(No attack this turn)

(190 HP, 5 Wind Counters)
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 02:25:42 am »

"You're right, I can't.  But I intend on dealing as much damage to you as I possibly can.", Asuna growled, as she utilized some of the remaining speeding air, condensing it, before letting the fire touch, detonating it in front of Andy.

Explosion! (considered both fire and wind magic), 70% chance, deals 40 fire damage (break): Using the knowledge of how air and fire interact, Asuna creates a bubble of condensed wind before adding a spark of fire, simulating an explosion that deals massive damage.  After this attack is used, it cannot be used for four turns, due to the rapid fluctuation of air pressure being unsuitable for creating another explosion as an after-effect.

35 hp; Flame strikes effect ended; 2/4 turns before aura ends; 2/4 turns before Tempest ends
Report Spam   Logged

AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2013, 02:32:13 am »

(66+10)

With his attack ready, Andy had to only wait for the perfect moment to strike. When he saw the air speeding towards him he knew it was time. He sprinted forward and jumped, the sphere behind him flaring up to a larger size. He threw his fist forward, rocketing through the air pocket before it could detonate. He flew towards Asuna. The fire and wind still burning at his body.

"TOHH!"

Hurricane Bullet
65% 40 HP 20% Stun
Using a Gale Sphere to propel himself, Andy charges at a foe and attacks them with great momentum. This attack may hit flying foes, and end their flight upon impact. This is considered a ranged attack as well, but propels him in melee range. Grants 1 Wind Counter for use. Three turn cooldown.

(190 HP, 6 Wind Counters)
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2013, 02:37:37 am »

(86)

Andy's enhanced evasion was something that she had considered, and as the blast detonated behind him, she readied herself to dodge the resulting attack.  The amount of power behind it was palpable, but it left Andy in a position where Asuna could quickly counter.  Again, her body flared up, making the air burst behind her to speed her fist into Andy.

Comet Punch, 80% chance, deals 20 fire damage (break): Asuna uses wind to speed up her attack before switching to fire the second before she hits, making her attack look like an incoming comet.  Once used, the attack cannot be used again for three turns due to the rapid expenditure of mana.

35 hp, 3/4 turns for aura, 3/4 turns for Tempest
Report Spam   Logged

AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2013, 02:45:07 am »

(11)

Indeed he was wide open, and the punch caught him square in the back. Andy fumbled about in the air, hitting the ground once before coming to a sliding stop in a crouch. He rose up and cracked his back.

"Man...I'm gonna need a shower when this is all over." He murmured to himself, trying to ignore the heat about him. "That was pretty impressive, Asuna. You handle two powers quite well." He put an arm back again, and formed another sphere.

"So then I guess I'll just have to throw everything I have at you as well!" The sphere exploded in size, easily surpassing a beach ball.

"HERE I GO!" He said, rushing forward at her. Despite the apparent unwieldiness of the attack, it would be hard to stop if it hit home.

Hurricane Force
50% 60 HP Stun
Andy brings his hands together for a massive sphere about the size of a beach ball. He slams it hard into a foe and the great ball pushes with incredible force. An opponent is sure to be left reeling unless they can negate the force somehow. Two turn cooldown and consumes 2 Wind Counters

(170 HP, 4 Wind Counters)
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2013, 02:49:30 am »

(36)

Fatigue was starting to catch up with Asuna, and she knew that if Andy didn't fall in her next attack, she'd be done.  Unfortunately, she wasn't able to dodge the next attack, and took the full brunt of the massive sphere of wind, blacking out as she hit the ground.  The firey vortex would slowly dissipate, with some onlookers amazed at the two fighters.

(0 hp)
Report Spam   Logged

AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2013, 02:53:57 am »

The sphere would flow around Asuna, reforming behind her and creating a cushion of air for her to land on. Andy let out a long sigh and let his power fade away. He knelt down and slipped her arm over his shoulders.

"I haven't had that good a fight in a long time." He smiled, looking up at Caster. That was when he took notice of their surroundings.

Grass everywhere had been torn and scorched from Asuna's fire and his wind. The training ground would be scarred for a short while.

"Eheh~...guess we got a little carried away..." He said, managing a sheepish grin. "Well, let's Asuna back to the room. Least I can do is patch her up and give her some lunch before she heads off. She'll wake up to some good news."
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 12:12:26 am »

Caster had rushed over to tend to both Andy's and Asuna's wounds, and gave a sheepish smile as Andy took in the after-effects of their battle.

"Yeah... you two went a little crazy... okay!"

She grinned, helping up Asuna and carrying her back to their room to rest.

---

Several hours later, Asuna would awake with a groan, lightly bandaged and lying in a bed.  The sheets and mattress welcomed her, letting her aches and pains soak out as she sighed.

"Guess I got my butt kicked.  I put out the stops early, and I still couldn't bring him down..."
Report Spam   Logged

AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 12:15:53 am »

Andy's head slowly poked into the doorway, and he gave Asuna a smile. He stepped into the room and set down a tray with some cookies and a teapot on the nightstand next to her.

"Don't feel too bad. I'm not an elite for nothing around here." He said, slipping his hands into his pockets. "How are you feeling? Caster and I patched you up as best we could." He looked away. "Don't worry, I didn't see anything."
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2013, 12:19:02 am »

Asuna winced a bit after a quick laugh, and let out a light hiss of pain.

"I can see that now.  I'll be okay.  Just really sore...", she said, reaching for a cookie and quickly munching it down.

"The patch job seems pretty good, though.  Just give me a few days before I do anything strenuous, okay?"
Report Spam   Logged

AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2013, 12:23:07 am »

He nodded and slipped a hand up to rub at his neck.

"Well, you're welcome to stay here, but we can also get you settled into your quarters here." He offered, showing her a envelope. He waved it around. "I filled out the formal paperwork while you were out; you're an official Sanctum member now." Andy smiled, shaking his head. "Sorry we couldn't have more than tea and cookies for the occasion."
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2013, 12:27:20 am »

A bit surprised at the news, Asuna grinned widely, letting out a chuckle before wincing a bit more.

"Excellent.  I'm glad I'm up to snuff, at the very least.  And its fine; as I said, just give me a few days to recover, and we can celebrate."

Caster let out a sigh of relief, and spoke up.  "I'm glad you're doing well, then.  I thought you might be a bit miffed at Andy for the way the fight went.  Still, you were very impressive, and I think the Sanctum will be more than happy to have your services."

She spoke mentally to Andy, adding, "Don't you flirt with her, now, master. hehe"
Report Spam   Logged

AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2013, 12:32:39 am »

Andy looked back at Caster and smiled at her, but didn't say anything.

"We're here if you need anything then; don't wanna just kick you out after the fight." He said.

"Don't worry, Tamamo, I'm just being friendly. I kinda hope she doesn't want to stay too long. It'd put a damper on our...home life." He replied to the Servant mentally.
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2013, 12:36:03 am »

"Thanks.", Asuna said, relaxing her head onto the pillow, letting a bit of drowsiness carry her off to sleep.

"Okay, Andy.  I was half-teasing; I knew you were just being nice, but I figured I'd poke fun at you, hehehe~", she quietly added.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: