Ensnared
April 16, 2024, 05:10:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Big changes are coming soon!  Keep an eye open for more information!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Not Everything That Glitters is Gold.... (Star/Alex)

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not Everything That Glitters is Gold.... (Star/Alex)  (Read 1557 times)
starofbalance

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 07:14:16 pm »

89 56

Alice was stunned by this declaration. To call ones self a witch, to study the art of magic...simply to keep one amused? Even those dark witches had some motive, some reason for following the path of evil. Her thoughts were interrupted by Beatrices attack; she moved into a more defensive posistion. She may be apathetic, but she was strong. Alice was going to need more powerful magic...

"I must disagree; I am in fact a true witch, though I wonder if you can call yourself one." she responded, moving gracefully as she cast her next spell, hoping to confuse Beatrice and her towers. "We were given these powers for a reason!" Sparkling lights came into being around them.

Gemstone rain
65%
Alice dazzles all targets with falling gemstones, doing 15 damage. 35% chance of reducing accuracy by 10%
75 HP 20 CC
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
The one who won't let this place die >.>
Administrator

Lay off the poor beavers, will ya?! SHEESH!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 08:47:54 pm »

(57, 46 for effect, 53 for teleport)

Alice's claim of being a true witch caused Beatrice's brow to twitch a bit, even as Alice's spell collided with her.  Brushing a bit of the residual powder from the gems off, her grin spread a bit wider.

"A true witch?  I will pass that comment off as youthful ignorance, but if you make such a bold claim again, you will regret it."

The towers would reposition themselves, acquiring Alice in her new position before firing.

"As for youth.... you are rather attractive.  A bit girlish, but with some refinement, you would be the envy of countless mortals.  Just imagine what that kind of power would afford you~"

A haze would seem to ripple through the area, distorting Alice's vision a bit...

Teleportation (passive): Any attack made against Beatrice has a 15% chance of triggering an evasive maneuver, marked by her suddenly turning into a swarm of golden butterflies, moving around erratically before reforming her true self.  This reduces all damage taken from that attack to 5 damage.

Comeliness (passive): Beatrice is a very elegant, beautiful woman whose demeanor draws all to her.  Every round, there is an 85% chance that all targets take 5 cc.

Endless Magic: Eternal Bliss, 70% chance, deals 25 cc: A high-level illusion/reality-affecting spell that targets a single person.  If it hits, the victim's perceptions are immediately taken to a place of lust, passion, bliss, and peace, where all their wildest fantasies can come true.  There is a 50% chance that the target takes an additional 10 cc per turn for two turns after coming out of the illusion, as its effects seemed so real...

2nd round for towers, 275 hp
Report Spam   Logged

Can it wait? I'm just finishing up on some callibrations.
starofbalance

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 03:52:14 pm »

31 on Comeliness, 68 on towers, 5! on illusion, 32 on additional effect

The towers magic struck Alice again; she stumbled a bit, off balance. Those towers were strong. She needed to up her game...
Before she could go much further into her plans, the room shimmered. She took a step back as the reality around her changed. A nobles castle? It seemed to be so. She took stock of the area, noticing her clothing was changed. Much more rich...

"My lady." Alice turned about. "The town is quite grateful for your aid." it was an attractive young woman. "They have, as always, sent a boutiful tribute, and there's several villagers who wish to give you a personal thanks..." the young lady smiled. "Though none quite as...fervant, as mine..." as the woman reached out, the illusion broke, leaving Alice flushed and panting. She murmured a few words of power, the air around her shimmering again as illusions came into play.

Summon Illusions
Once per encounter, Alice summons (1d3) copies of herself, which use magic (70% chance of 15 damage) and have 50 HP. CC damage to illusions is halved and applied as HP damage. (3)

50 HP 50 CC
Illusion effect
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 07:49:46 pm »

(92, 73, 45 for Illusions; 29 to Teleport, failed.)

At first, Beatrice simply laughed when the illusions were conjured; the first two attacks were avoided by standing still, but the third attack made her wince a bit, which was followed by a furrowed brow.

"Interesting... ultimately pointless, but interesting."

The young woman did have skill with magic, and if she devoted herself to increasing her power, her claims of being a witch could be given merit.  With a wave, Beatrice conjured a blast of fire at one of the illusions.

Pyrokinesis, 80% chance, deals 15 fire damage (break): With a single thought, Beatrice can set a target ablaze, searing their flesh and bones.  Has a 45% chance to deal an additional 5 fire damage per turn for three turns.  This is not a typical spell-based attack, and unless the target has some inherent resistance to fire or divine protection, spell damage-reduction will not work.

260 hp
Report Spam   Logged

starofbalance

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 03:05:00 pm »

The illusion flickered a moment before recovering and casting its magic again. Alice merely smiled. "I think it evens the odds a bit. And now, to tip the scales..." she completed her spellwork. She'd done it so quickly she wasn't sure what was going to happen...

Illusion 1 - 35 HP
Illusions 2/3 - 50 HP
Magic 70% of 15 damage

Alice - 50 HP 60 CC
Summon
50%
Alice summons a spirit from another realm, doing 30 damage.

Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 01:59:32 pm »

(52, 99, 75 for Illusions, 40 for Teleport; 82 for Summon)

Beatrice gave a bemused sigh at how hardy the illusions were, even after taking another minor blast of magic.  Once again, she conjured towers behind her, and they focused fire on the illusion she had attacked beforehand.

Shoulder Towers, 100% for two to be summoned, lasts two turns: Tower-like constructs erupt from the ground, firing magical energy at selected targets at 70% chance for 25 non-elemental magic damage.  Until the spell runs its current course, Beatrice cannot use this spell again.

245 hp
Report Spam   Logged

starofbalance

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 10:15:36 pm »

7, 95

The illusion took a hit, flickering for a moment, but managing to hold on; meanwhile, Alice was preparing her next attack, still slightly flushed from the illusion she had seen. "What's wrong? You seem to be slowing down?" she laughed a bit. "Cold?"

Fimbulvetr
70%
A cold wave washes over the battlefield, doing 20 damage to all foes. Can only be preformed once.

50 HP 70 CC
Illusion 1 - 10 HP
Illusions 2/3 - 50 HP
Magic 70% of 15 damage

Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2014, 04:58:46 am »

(8, 10 for Teleportation)

The spell surged towards Beatrice, but just as it seemed it would hit her, she disappeared in a swarm of butterflies, reappearing after the spell finished.

"Hihihihihhi~!! Or you are burning yourself out, my dear.  That spell was impressive, but it doesn't do you any good if you use it frivolously.  A true Witch plays her pieces with foresight~"

A massive rush of magic would occur instantly, being the only warning that Alice would receive of Beatrice's next attack.

Endless Magic: Golden Goddess, 65% chance, deals 30 cc: A high-level illusion/reality-affecting spell that targets all opponents.  This wide-spread illusion temporarily alters reality, making Beatrice appear as a beauty beyond compare, while the opposing party are filled with awe and a desire to worship her.

245 hp
Report Spam   Logged

starofbalance

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2014, 08:01:02 pm »

Butterflies? That kind of reaction speed should have been impossible! Could it be that she really was running low on reserves? "What is-" her eyes widened as the rush of magic hit her, bringing her to her knees. "How...how could I have hoped to match you?" she wondered aloud.

Charmed.
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2014, 12:03:35 am »

"Hihihihihi~!!  Now you see the truth!  Though you have the makings of a Witch, you are far from being a true Witch.", Beatrice cackled as her towers vanished.  She strode across the battleground with a preternatural elegance, caressing Alice's face as she enjoyed the look of dazed realization on the young woman's face.

"Now....what to make you?  A pretty doll of a maid?  Or perhaps something more fitting of your power?  What do you think, Alice~?"
Report Spam   Logged

starofbalance

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 11:09:15 pm »

Alice looked up at the Witch, her eyes still wide with a mix of adoration and fear. "I don't want to be a simple maid..." she murmured, lowering her head suddenly. She'd had a taste, a vision of true power, and it left her thirsty for more.
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2014, 02:15:56 pm »

Beatrice chuckled darkly at Alice.  "Oh, but you're not the one in charge, are you?  Still....yes, there's a thirst for power in you, and though your performance was disappointing, your potential is inspiring."

She leaned in, cupping Alice's chin to meet her gaze.  "Yes.... I think that I'll make you one of my most powerful furniture.  And if your power and performance impress me, then I will take you as an apprentice~"
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: