Ensnared
April 19, 2024, 04:47:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Big changes are coming soon!  Keep an eye open for more information!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

The Retrieval (AC/D)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: The Retrieval (AC/D)  (Read 1889 times)
The Real D

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary 500 Posts Level 4
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 12:59:57 am »

[58, 68]

"Well of course I'm enjoying it." Arturia rolled her eyes. "A truly skilled opponent is an honour and a pleasure."

She winced as his sphere smashed into her defences and drove her back another step, before she strengthened her guard and forced it away, reflecting it so it hit the ceiling and rained chips of plaster.

A minute into their fight, the command room was in quite a state.

"Must you be so serious? I lived an entire life like you, fighting war after war and never allowing myself to find joy in anything. I'll not repeat that mistake, and if need be I'll save you from it as well."

The King's Diplomacy 70% Everyone- Arturia calmly speaks to her opponents, her experiences, calm dignity and charisma working to weaken her foes resolve dealing 20cc to everyone and having a 35% chance to cause them to miss their next action

The King's Grace - 70% - 10CC (4/5)

(180/250)
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 01:12:29 am »

(76, 36)

Andy met her gaze and lowered his stance for a moment. "Believe me, if the stakes weren't so high I might be enjoying this, but I can't." He pointed his weapon at her. "I know what it means to fight, and I had someone and a future to fight for. Right now, that future is on hold...and I can resume it through this battle." Strays bits of plaster and debris would start to whirl about him on the floor; wind starting to coalesce and turn green.

"That's why...that's why I'm taking this so seriously, and that's why I'm going to fight you with everything that I have! For the Sanctum, for myself, but mostly..." He clenched his fist and closed his eyes, wind whirling about his arm.

"For her!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kolBIglU_HQ

Cyclone Effect
Passive
When Andy is in Zephyr form he gains new passives and improvements to current passives:
Stay in the Fight becomes Soothing Winds
Flowing Freely added
Zephyr Zip added
He also gains new attacks exclusive to this form. So long as Andy has more than one Wind Counter, he may stay in Zephyr form for up to five turns. Any after that require him to pay a 1 Wind counter cost each turn to maintain his form.

Flowing Freely
Passive
Andy becomes faster, almost hovering off the ground when he moves. He gains a +10% dodge bonus as a result.

Zephyr Zip
Passive
The cooldowns of all Wind abilities (excluding Zephyr Only moves) are reduced by one turn.

When his eyes reopened, they glowed with a green light. His body hovering a few inches off the guard as the winds whipped around him. He opened his fist to reveal a sphere and thrust it towards Arturia. The attack flying forward rapidly.

Gale Bullet
80% 15 HP (50% Effect)
The ranged version of the Gale Sphere that has a chance to end flight passives on foes. Grants 1 Wind Counter.

Despite all his bravado, the King's words were starting to reach him, and they were not lost upon his ears.

(Cyclone Effect active, 80 CC, 1 Wind Counter)

Report Spam   Logged
The Real D

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 01:31:22 am »

[117]

"Fighting with all you have doesn't mean you'll win," the king replied with real remorse. "But so be it. I respect your determination."

She watched as his transformation took place, her green eyes taking every moment in. "So this is what you were hiding..."

Quick as a viper, she moved again, flipping over the attack and his head and striking at his back with both weapons.

Name: Excalibur - Strike!
Base Hit Percentage: [90%]
Description: Arturia is a master of the sword. This is her usual attack! It does 15 hp damage.

Name: Caliburn - Thrust!
Base Hit Percentage:  [80%]
Description: Again! Sacrificing less accuracy, Arturia uses Caliburn to throw her foe back! Does 20hp damage CC.

The King's Grace - 70% - 10CC (5/5)

(190/250)

Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 01:37:58 am »

(69, 83, 77)

Arturia's agility granted her the first blow. Despite his new form, Andy still couldn't turn around that quickly, but that was all that she would land. He hovered to the side and dodged her follow up. He raced forward, creating a smaller sphere more about speed than raw power. With any luck, he might be able to throw her off balance.

Gale Burst
80% 20 HP (50% Effect)
A sphere of wind is formed and then bursted against an opponent on impact. Has a chance to make all attacks against the opponent 5% more like to hit as they stagger. Grants 1 Wind Counter.
]

"I'm well aware, but that doesn't mean I won't stop trying." Despite his protest, even he had to admit to the growing doubt within him. The King was still a superior foe, and it seemed his change had only leveled the playing field slightly.

(100 CC,  2 Wind Counters, 2/5 Turns remain before Wind Counter drain)
Report Spam   Logged
The Real D

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 02:45:28 am »

[61]

The blast caught Arturia in the chest, throwing her backwards across the room. She flipped and landed on her feet, but even she could feel her defense had suffered, and she'd need a moment to correct it.

"Again I am impressed. That form affords you both better defense and offensive capabilities. Is there a reason you did not use it from the start?"

The counter to this would likely be accuracy. If she struck with precision, she could probably strike through his defenses even now. But she needed to know where to strike...

She charged across the hall, both blades positioned to hit Andy as hard as she could manage.

After all, the best way to test a warrior's defenses was with unmitigated force!

Name: Excalibur - Thrust!
Base Hit Percentage:  [70%]
Description: This is another type of attack! Sacrificing a little accuracy, Arturia attempts to maim her foe. Does 25hp damage.

Description: Again! Sacrificing less accuracy, Arturia uses Caliburn to throw her foe back! Does 20hp damage.

(180/250)
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 02:50:49 am »

(57, 18)

"It's not a power I can just access right off the bat, I have to-hng!" Andy was unable to dodge, though to his credit he did try to throw up a wall of wind. Arturia's speed carried her through it, and it was his turn to go flying back into a wall. He rose up from the ground and shook his head.

"Remind me not to let you so close." He said, pulling his arms back. With a grunt he sent another wall of wind surging right towards Arturia.

Wind on the Plains
65% 25 HP AoE
Wind is gathered in and then bursted out from Andy's body. Hits all enemies within a wide range, and cancels out any CC passives for the turn. Grants 1 Wind Counter, 2 upon impact with any enemy.

He was starting to wear down though, her blows were wearing not just on his body, but his mind. Though he felt a growing respect for the King, he knew it wasn't natural.

(140 CC, 3 Wind Counters, 3/5 Turns till Drain)
Report Spam   Logged
The Real D

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2013, 03:22:35 am »

[118]

"That will be rather difficult for you. I specialize in closing distance and attacking from up close. I was summoned here as a Saber, after all," Arturia countered, smiling slightly at the levity, before charging forward again.

This time she was ready for the burst of air, and countered it with her invisible blade, slashing through it as she closed in, striking for the weak points she though she'd seen during her last attack, a small gap in his protections at the joints.

Name: Excalibur - Strike!
Description: Arturia is a master of the sword. This is her usual attack! It does 15 CC.

Name: Caliburn - Strike!
Description: With Caliburn she's more accurate, but less powerful! It does 10 CC.
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2013, 03:30:07 am »

(106, 87)

Andy was ready for the charge this time. His blade shrouded in wind, he met the invisible strike with a block. However, he was unprepared for the force of the blow. This left him open for another strike from Caliburn. He flew back of his own accord this time, the wind still surrounding his blade.

"I'd find it almost humorous that you've hit me more with the blade I can see." He quipped, holding his sword out in front of him. He needed to end this quickly, he could already feel his power starting to put a drain on his body. He was almost enjoying this fight now...

Holding his katana at his side, Andy landed on the ground. For a moment, the winds swirled harshly about him before he launched straight ahead like a bullet from a gun.

Eye of the Storm
60% x 10, 10 HP x10 (X0 Effect %)
Using the speed and grace granted by Zephyr, Andy lashes out with a blindingly fast series of slashes from his katana. There is a chance to stun based on the number of successful hits to a foe (6 hits = 60% stun chance) as they reel from the sheer pain and shock of the strike. Three turn cooldown and consumes 2 Wind Counters.

The next ten blows would come lightning fast; each seeking out a weakspot Andy had gleaned from their fight in the battle. He knew her speed would be able to handle Most, but he hoped enough would get through to leave her reeling.

(145 CC, 2 Wind Counters (4-2), 4/5 Turns till Drain)
Report Spam   Logged
The Real D

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2013, 04:52:35 am »

Arturia was about to respond when her instincts went haywire. A threat was coming from every direction, all within the space of a second. The sheer speed Andy would have to be capable of to manage that...

She had a strange feeling of Deja by, but dismissed it quickly. She didn't have time to think on it, barely had time to react at all. As Andy shot forward, his katana rising, she only had time for one thing.

"Avalon!"

The sheath on her back shone with light, filling the room for a moment, and then...

For a second it looked like she'd been hit. With the way she moved, even her invisible blade couldn't have deflected ever one of his strikes.

But then his momentum kept him going and he fell forwards through her, and it became clear that something had gone wrong.

"To think you could force me to use a noble phantasm," she spoke quietly as she turned to face him, her voice laced with wonder and admirabion. Then she fell into a defensive stance as the light at her back faded. "Your skill is phenomenal, Andy."

Avalon 100%- The sheathe of the legendary blade, said to be the more powerful of the pair, Avalon keeps Arturia well and safe. In it's normal form, it provides her passive regeneration, but it has a second use. When she desires, she may activate this power, and be phased partially into another realm, protecting her from any and all attacks that would otherwise strike her. This power lasts as long as she wishes it, and though it prevents her from taking any action that would affect the world, she may move about as she desires while maintaining the effect.
This protection cannot be extended to anyone else.

(190/250)
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2013, 04:59:55 am »

He came skidding to a stop after his series of hits had ended; his breathing coming in soft pants. He turned to face Arturia and grimaced.

"So, you could've done that the whole time?" He seemed somewhere between annoyed and little demoralized. Nonetheless, he wasn't about to give up  He extended his arms to his sides.

Three spheres of wind roared into existence around him before he raced forward.

"Fine, but I'm not done showing off yet!" He called out, pointing at Arturia. The spheres would break off and fly at her from different angles.

Gale Barrage
70% x3, 25 HP x 3
Two spheres roar to life in each of Andy's hands, and he fires them off. With extra effort, he can fire off more than two. Cooldowns and points are as follows.
Three spheres, One turn cooldown

(140 CC, 2 Wind Counters, 5/5 Turns, Drain begins the end of next action)
Report Spam   Logged
The Real D

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2013, 05:18:20 am »

[43, 56, 103]

"If the need arose. To think you'd press me so hard..." She still sounded amazed, and now there was real desire growing in her eyes

Of course the battle hadn't ended. Still slightly stunned at Andy's display, Arturia couldn't mount a proper defense in time and was struck by two of the orbs from different sides as she blocked the third. She felt a cut form along her cheek before it was near instantly sealed by her regeneration.

"Right! Then we fight to the end! Show me everything!"

Name: Excalibur - Thrust!
Base Hit Percentage:  [70%]
Description: This is another type of attack! Sacrificing a little accuracy, Arturia attempts to maim her foe. Does 25hp damage.

Description: Again! Sacrificing less accuracy, Arturia uses Caliburn to throw her foe back! Does 20hp damage.

(150/250)
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2013, 05:24:19 am »

(80, 23)

By now, Andy realized he could read Excalibur's wind, and he dodged the blade as it hit. It left him open for the second blow, but instead he shifted his body to take it head on. He could feel Zephyr's hold starting to fade, and he had to do something drastic. With Arturia so close, he created a sphere between two of his hands. Though it soon grew as he let out a loud cry; the attack ballooning to a size bigger than his torso as he held it over his head.

"This is it! RrrrrRRAHHH!" He brought the massive sphere down on his opponent. It didn't matter if he hit or not, he was going to do everything he could to impress his foe. It was all he could do to keep the thoughts of simply giving up from his thoughts.

Hurricane Force
50% 60 HP Stun
Andy brings his hands together for a massive sphere about the size of a beach ball. He slams it hard into a foe and the great ball pushes with incredible force. An opponent is sure to be left reeling unless they can negate the force somehow. Two turn cooldown and consumes 2 Wind Counters

Regardless of his impact, Zephyr would leave Andy at that. His eyes returning to normal, and his feet touching the ground as he recovered.

(165 CC)
Report Spam   Logged
The Real D

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2013, 05:59:58 am »

[85]

Arturia's eyes widened as she saw what Andy had planned. He'd lured her in, and now this attack...

There was nowhere to dodge. She was to close to the epicentre, and even with her speed there was no way she could get cltoar of the blast. Avalon was an option, but she needed  call it's name to activate it, and there wasn't even time for that.

She would have to counter the attack, but... it was a ball of wind. You couldn't block wind with two blades of steel. It couldn't be done.

However...

Excalibur had more than just steel. The second sheath that protected it was more than a mere invisibility spell. It was the wind itself, wrapped so tightly around the blade that not even the sharpest eyes could determine its presence. And with it...

With barely a thought she channelled as much mana into the barrier as she could, feeling it overcharge and grow unstable as the winds began to shift, now too powerful to hide her blade completely. With no time to lose she drove Excalibur up, meeting the attack head on.

The explosion of air shot through the room, blasting away furniture and decorations and leaving the floor entirely bare.

And at the epicentre, Arturia stood with both blades revealed, looking Andy in the eye.

"Your attack and form have failed you. Please don't take me wrongly, but I must ask, was that your strongest assault?"

Name: Barrier of the Wind King
Base Hit Percentage: 60%
Description: This barrier can be detonated as a directed wind attack,  Dealing 30 hp damage, with 60% accuracy. Once this is done the barrier is gone, and Excalibur is fully exposed. This must be done in order to activate Saber's more powerful Noble Phantasms.

(160/250)
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2013, 06:07:37 am »

The result blast knocked Andy to the ground and sent him rolling. He rose up, his body feeling sluggish and drained from his time in Zephyr.

"My strongest assault is debatable, but that was the most brutish of them." He said, taking a deep breath and trying to steady himself. There was no reason to lie or try and snap at the King at this point.

"But that doesn't matter, given enough time I could tap into Zephyr again..." He said, slipping back into a fighting stance. He didn't bother to draw his weapon, and he didn't advance. The mental fatigue of the battle was wearing on him.

"I'm sure you still have plenty of tricks, don't you?"

(190 CC)
Report Spam   Logged
The Real D

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2013, 06:23:32 am »

"One or two. But I think you have earned better, now." Arturia gestured, and Caliburn vanished, disappearing into a cloud of light motes. Her now free hand came around to join the other, grasping the hilt of Excalibur.

"Be honoured, Andy. In this land, only my Sisters and my former master have seen this, my final attack. You are the first to prove worthy of it."

The blade began to shine as she lifted it, swinging the blade over as if in preparation to cleave a man in twain. The entire room began to grow dim, as if she were draining all the light into the blade.

"Prepare yourself. My true noble phantasm..."

"EX-!"

Noble Phantasm- Excalibur- The sword of promised victory 100%- Arturia's strongest Noble Phantasm, The legendary blade itself! An Anti-fortress Noble Phantasm, Excalibur once unleashed the power of the hopes of humanity that Arturia carried as a beam of light that annihilated her foes, but now that she has embraced this world and been corrupted by it, it now works the same magic with the world's lusts and desire.
This move takes two turns to use, but on the second turn, Arturia brings down the blade and unleashes it's true power upon her foes. Anyone hit with this attack is instantly defeated, and left charmed, awaiting Arturia or her sister's claim

Name: EX-
Base Hit Percentage: -
Description: Saber unleashes her Noble Phantasm! In her current state, she's not as fast as she would be in life, and thus, it takes her two moves to bring the sword down. This move is the set-up move for the final attack - Unless she breaks off of her own will, or is defeated before her next turn, the attack will be unleashed.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: