Ensnared
March 28, 2024, 05:53:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have a new chat room online!  Please see the "News" section for it's location.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Who's pulling the strings (Star/AC/Alex)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's pulling the strings (Star/AC/Alex)  (Read 2484 times)
starofbalance

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2014, 08:27:11 pm »

Roslyn studied the two of them, thinking. Certainly not simple-minded, and the one in armor was going to be a tough nut to crack. Of course, all the best nuts were.

"Quincy...and...08. You can't tell me that's your real name." she remarked, leaning forward and clasping her hands under her chin with a little flourish. "So what brings you two up to my manor this eve? Not that I don't enjoy the company, but guests normally stay in town."

As she was speaking, the maid was moving again, pouring tea and offering it to Quincy.

Pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain (Passive)
Roslyn prefers to stay behind the action, allowing her puppets to do the attacking for her. As long as she has a puppet in play, she can not be directly attacked.

Puppetmaster (Out of Combat Passive)
Most who encounter Roslyn don't realize what she's capable of until it's far too late. During each of her turns, she attaches strings to her victim. Her target has a 60% chance to notice this transpiring. Once they do, they take five CC damage per string as Roslyn starts using them more actively, but she can no longer use this skill to attach strings to any target.

Gentle touch - Quincy
75%
The Maids treat all their guests kindly, with light touches and kind words. Does 5 CC damage
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2014, 11:28:53 pm »

(48, 28)

Quincy took the tea with a nod, smiling at the maid and taking a sip of the tea. Well, at least the staff was friendly and welcoming.

"Reconnaissance." He said simply, hoping to appease his partner somehow.

(5 CC 1 String)
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
The one who won't let this place die >.>
Administrator

Lay off the poor beavers, will ya?! SHEESH!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 09:47:46 pm »

(17)

"That's the name you're going to get.", 08 said.  Already suspicious, the figure's eyes flicked towards how Roslyn was physically positioning herself.  It wasn't something she'd expect a lady of the manor to do.... then again, she wasn't accustomed to exactly what was expected of nobility.

"Yes, Reconnaissance.  Which was promptly abandoned when we were spotted by one of your staff, I assume."

(1 string)
Report Spam   Logged

Can it wait? I'm just finishing up on some callibrations.
starofbalance

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 10:05:59 pm »

"You assume? Aren't you the one doing the recon?" Roslyn asked curiously. "Though I have to wonder what kind of solider does recon in a friendly city. You're not planning an attack, are you?" she smiled slightly, brushing her hair back. "I think you'll find the guards around this town more than a match for any invaders."

The maid lingered by Quincy's side. "I hope it's meeting with your satisfaction, sir?" she may be...a bit too close, but that wasn't a problem.

Was it?

Same as above. below.
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 10:51:09 pm »

(16, 74)

He didn't mind the maid being so close, she seemed like a nice enough lady. Though he was worried about his demonic hand getting ideas...and thus he set his tea aside. His right hand going to rest over his left.

"It was good, thank you." He said, giving the maid an awkward smile. His possessed hand fidgeting a bit. No, now was not a good time for a quick grope.

"Well, we were just looking around, but 08 doesn't wanna call it that."

(10 CC 2 Strings)
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 11:23:55 pm »

(36)

"The manner in which your maid greeted us at the door implied that either we were expected, or spotted.  I make it a point to not be expected.", 08 replied.

"And with the Organization, there is no such thing as a friendly city.  A smile hides an enchantment spell in this war."

(2 strings)
Report Spam   Logged

starofbalance

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 11:29:45 pm »

"I make it a point to ensure I treat my guests with the utmost respect." she frowned slightly, folding her arms as she sat back. "The Organization, however...I am glad you are not agents of that order. I would have been most displeased. They're very...forceful when they want something, and what they seem to want is everything."

"Is something the matter, sir?" the maid asked, placing a hand atop Qunicys lightly. "Is there something else I can get you?"

More of the same~
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 12:07:26 am »

(9,31)

"Actually, something to eat with the tea might be nice." He said, hoping to get the maid away from him for a few moments...even if her company was nice. When she moved away from him, he shot out to punch his possessed hand, but the limb simply dodged and he smacked himself in the thigh. Quincy bit back a noise and picked up his tea.

"Sorry, sorry, spilled a little on me."

(15 CC, 3 Strings)
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 12:15:29 am »

(34)

"Well, that's nice, though whether you're telling the truth remains to be seen.", 08 retorted, clearly not lowering their guard.  The sudden movement from Quincy's hand made the armored figure jump a bit, a hand at the hilt of a machete, but the figure calmed down.

(3 strings)
Report Spam   Logged

starofbalance

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 12:28:39 am »

Roslyn turned to Quincy for a moment, smiling slightly before fixing her gaze on 08 again.

"You have my assurances I am being truthful. I am no puppet to be used at anothers whim, and I certainly wouldn't tolerate them wandering about my home."

The maid stepped away, soon returning with a tray of fine cakes, offering them to both parties. Her offer to Quincy was a bit more...personal; she very nearly set it in his mouth by her own hand.

Actions continue.
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 12:50:46 am »

(29, 35)

He blushed at the attention, but opened his mouth for the maid regardless. "Ahhh~..." He said, waiting for her to feed him before chewing on the cake. "Mmm...this is pretty good." He said, after swallowing the morsel. He took another sip of his tea. He shot 08 an apologetic grin, nodding down at his hand. He'd briefed his partner about the possession.

(20 CC, 4 Strings)
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 12:57:21 am »

(90)

08 gave a harumph, before something caught the figure's eye.  A blink, followed by another hard blink, occurred behind the mask, and with a quick flick of the wrist, 08 had a string between two fingers.

"...puppet, indeed.  This farce is over."

Pulling the machete out of its holster, 08 cut the strings that were now visible on their hand.  How many others, though?
Report Spam   Logged

starofbalance

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2014, 01:16:06 am »

"I was wondering when you would notice." Roslyn seemed utterly unconcerned that her farce was over. "I thought it would be you; no offense to your companion, but he doesn't seem to be much of a fighter. Well, I'm sure you'll both...enjoy your stay here." she raised a hand, and the maid leaned in closer to Quincy. "Please, won't you stay? I'll make sure you enjoy it." a finger traced up his leg, stopping just short of the top.

Pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain (Passive)
Roslyn prefers to stay behind the action, allowing her puppets to do the attacking for her. As long as she has a puppet in play, she can not be directly attacked.

Puppetmaster activation:
20 CC to Quincy
15 CC to 08

Strings
Roslyns control over her puppets is represented by strings, and the more she has on them, the more skills she can use. Strings do 1 CC damage per string as her will presses on the puppets. Rolling lower than a ten on a saving roll against Roslyn adds another string. Rolling higher than a ninety removes a string.

Twirl - 08
Requires 1 or higher strings
(50+30)80%
Roslyn spins the strings in her fingers, stunning her foe. Can only be done once per three turns, and breaks one string if the number is 4 or higher.

Maid - Full service - Quincy
70% on targets 25 CC and above
The maid devotes all her attentions to her target, giving them quite a show and just the right touch to stoke their interest. Does 10 CC damage.
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2014, 01:24:33 am »

(35)

Quincy blushed at the offer, and it was certainly tempting, but he wasn't about to abandon his companion now.  He rose up and fixed a look at Roslyn. "I think you'll find I'm plenty of a fighter." He said, the muscles on his right arm tensing before the limb itself burst into a shadowed flame. The flame eventually coalesced into a clawed hand of sorts.

Arm of Bar’kan
100% / Passive
The demon in Quincy’s body manifests itself in his right arm as a shadowy, clawed hand. With power coursing through his body, he is able to stay in the fight longer and hit harder than before. The arm adds extra damage to all of Quincy’s punch based attacks, and heals 5 HP for every 20 HP he inflicts upon a foe as the Arm feeds on their pain.

He aimed his arm at the puppeteer, firing off a shot of dark energy.

Bar’kan’s Sling
85% 20 HP
Quincy has enough skill to hit just about anything with a small object like a rock. With the Arm he can shoot a ball of energy from his fist. One turn cool down.

(50 CC 4 Strings)
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2014, 01:30:55 am »

(39)

The sudden movement from Roslyn caused 08's body to freeze.  Try as the figure might, they couldn't move.

"Wh-what the hell?!"

(stunned; 130 hp, 15/100 cc)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: