Ensnared
April 18, 2024, 09:33:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have a new chat room online!  Please see the "News" section for it's location.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Seeking the Dragon's Crown (Alex/Makuta)

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking the Dragon's Crown (Alex/Makuta)  (Read 1278 times)
DrgnmastrAlex
The one who won't let this place die >.>
Administrator

Lay off the poor beavers, will ya?! SHEESH!!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« on: February 10, 2014, 10:39:40 pm »

The few years that have followed the fall of Eathumol have seen a marked change in the land.  The war between the Organization and the Sanctum had shifted, leaning more in favor of the heroes who fought the Mistresses, and there was a sense of cautious, almost desperate optimism among those who were unable to fight, as if the recent string of victories was something leading to a major win that would make their lives less fearful.  Of course, having to not deal with a dragon that abducted your daughters and remade them into its own kin was a welcome relief, even if the occasional report of converts who resembled dragon girls showed up.

Still, tales of dragons never die, even if the dragons themselves do.  Such was the case for the tale of Tehtranaa, a dragon matriarch who ruled over a large swath of land, but was defeated long ago.  When the Organization first showed, some thought that the forces that Eathumol controlled might belong to The Black Mother.  Now, recent reports have shown a rise in draconic activity, though it is merely devastation that is easily attributed to dragons, or mass abductions which could be explained away by a stronger Organization mistress.  However, the proximity to the mountains of Tehtranaa's fabled rule still shake the nerves of any not familiar with the ways of dragons, and shouldn't be ignored, in case a dragon is trying to start its own kingdom...
Report Spam   Logged

Can it wait? I'm just finishing up on some callibrations.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

makuta15
Administrator

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 09:48:00 pm »

Sir Alan the Gilded, Knight of the Court of Light, gently patted the nose of his horse as the solid beast trod across the pebbled mountain path. Looking down into the vale, the rooftops of the village could still be seen down below, punctuated by the occasional lazy cloud of smoke drifting from the chimneys. The peak offered an excellent view of the valley - the village and meadows near the mountain's foot, the green expanse of the forest out in the distance.

"Hardly the look of a land ravaged by dragons, don't you think, Glacier?" The horse simply snorted. Alan chuckled. He had volunteered at once to be dispatched when rumors of a dragon in the countryside had begun to sprout once more; armored in the faith of his order and the sanctity of his cause, he would be the shield between the innocent of this world and those who would seek to wreak havoc upon the defenseless. His arrival in the village, while not met with triumphant fanfare or celebration, still brought with it a tide of hopeful whispers and awed looks from the townsfolk. He would slay the worm, if worm there be, and show these people that they need not live in fear. Spending the night in the Inn, he had saddled Glacier and set off into the mountains with the first light of dawn.

Now, after having spent the morning working his way up the mountain, his spirits were as high as the sun overhead. The grottoes near the mountain base had been empty, with no traces of hoarded gold or scorched bones. And although the mountain wildlife kept a wary distance, it was the caution all beasts afforded to the passing of Man, and there were enough signs of goats among the pass and birds overhead to show that the population had not been depleted by the appetites of a ravenous beast. Alan looked forward to his return to the village, where he would be able to banish these unsettling rumors once and for all, under the light.

Alongside the path was a fair-sized plateau, and it was here that Alan slid off his horse. Gathering his sword and spear, he looked atop the mountain at the surrounding stones and caves. It was a good location; his voice would carry, and the mountain slope was smooth enough that he could maneuver whilst remaining unpredictable. Standing forth on the plateau, he issued the same challenge as he had called out all through the morning, beating his sword against his shield in time to his words.

"Creatures of darkness! Worms of Hell! I, Sir Alan the Gilded, have come to rid you from this country! Stand forth, if you dare! face my blade and fall before the light of holy retribution! Or slink back into the darkness, fade into the abyss, and never more come forth under the light of day or stars!"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 09:54:36 pm by makuta15 » Report Spam   Logged

Experiments are what I do, yes.
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 02:32:03 am »

Sir Alan's challenge rang out, lightly echoing on the winds and reverberating in the nearest caves.  But he would hear no response to his challenge for a few minutes; that did not mean those moments would be uneventful.

He would notice that, after a minute of silence, the air seemed to move at a crawl, and there was a startling absence of noise one would expect from his surroundings.  The unnatural silence would be disquieting, hinting that, perhaps, something was here after all.  Something strong.

Then a lovely, feminine voice was heard emanating from the nearest cave, and coming closer.  She made a sound like a yawn, and spoke groggily, "Mmnnn... for a good Knight, you, Sir, have rudely awakened a fair woman of her rest."

Peering around the corner was a face that matched the woman's fair loveliness, and tresses of red hair that trailed near the ground.

As well as what looked like horns growing from above where her ears would be.

Charisma (passive): The stories of Tehtranaa speak of a mighty Black dragon, but no hero is ready for the raw enchanting power of a dragon's prescence and the supple, almost otherworldly body they encounter.  Every round, for each enemy, there is an 80% chance that they'll take 10 cc; in addition, there is a 35% chance that her beauty will leave a target momentarily spellbound, stunning them for a turn.
Report Spam   Logged

makuta15
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 12:04:22 am »

Charisma: 8
Stun: 39

Silence met his words. Sir Alan waited on the plateau, slowly turning as he surveyed the surrounding mountains, alert for any sign of his challenge being answered - a gout of flame vomiting forth from a cave across the valley, perhaps, or the primal bellowing of the hellbeast followed by the heavy snap of leathery wings. For several tense minutes he stood perfectly still, prepared to anticipate any attack; but all was silent. Even the wind died down, leaving him to sweat in his armor without the cooling breeze. Nothing.

It was impossible to tell just when the silence became oppressive. Sir Alan had been about to turn away and step toward his horse when some distant instinct made him pause. His ears were ringing with the silence now, unused to the absence of any noise whatsoever. No wind stirred the grass or moaned over the rocks. No birds flew around the crags, or even cried. Not even insects could be heard. It was utterly unnatural, and as Sir Alan raised his sword again, his heart began to race with excitement. Something...something was coming. He could hear it now, a gentle scraping against the rocks...pebbles, displaced by some creature's passing. He whirled towards the pass, bringing his sword back in anticipation.

"Demon," he began, and it was then that the beautiful woman stepped out from the pass.

Sir Alan tried to reconcile this vision of loveliness that had appeared before him with his mission in the mountains and failed. There were no reports of any missing maidens or princesses from any of the nearby counties, so it was unlikely that she was a dragon's pet or plaything - besides which, if that were the case, the woman seemed entirely unconcerned about her fate at the claws of an infernal beast. At any rate, he was certain that if a woman as striking as this one had been kidnapped or stolen by anyone, there would be armies waiting to secure her return. The sight of her made his heart beat even faster...or perhaps that was the presence of the twisted horns atop her head that spoke of unnaturalness akin to the silence that now surrounded them, the silence that made her voice ring out as clear and perfect as crystal through the stony pass.

"Milady, it is not safe here," he said, finally lowering his sword after his moment of consternation had passed. He did not sheathe the blade, however. "There is rumor that a foul beast may be inhabiting this mountain once more, and I am here to see that it is either gone or slain. What can you tell me of its presence, and what brings one such as you to sleep upon the mountainside?"

HP: 130/130   CC: 10/100
Report Spam   Logged

DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 05:33:06 pm »

"Oh, and now you would show civility.", she sighed, stepping out to allow the knight a full view of her.  Her form was lovely to behold, but the matter of horns and wings would likely be a dead giveaway as to her nature.

"A foul beast, you say?  What manner of beast?  And why should I speak of my reasons for being in this place to one who has not yet apologised for his rudeness?"

Charisma (passive): The stories of Tehtranaa speak of a mighty Black dragon, but no hero is ready for the raw enchanting power of a dragon's prescence and the supple, almost otherworldly body they encounter.  Every round, for each enemy, there is an 80% chance that they'll take 10 cc; in addition, there is a 35% chance that her beauty will leave a target momentarily spellbound, stunning them for a turn.
Report Spam   Logged

makuta15
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 11:44:18 pm »

Charisma: 19
Stun: 46

Sir Alan could not comprehend what he was seeing. The vision of the lissome woman standing before him was absolutely incompatible with the great, demonic wings his eyes insisted on seeing rising up behind her. The horns, too, only served to add further corruption to a woman that would otherwise move his disciplined heart. Instead, the dark and ruddy forms that adorned her body preyed upon her beauty, perverting it into something alluring yet darkly unwholesome. As she stepped into the light, Sir Alan saw that her outfit was a similar mockery of what once could have been light and good.

"You...you are the dragon?" he breathed incredulously. All his senses clamored in confusion as he raised his sword once more. What dark magic was this? Since when could a great brute of darkness shed its scaly hide and squeeze itself down into mortal form? But he steeled his heart. If this truly was the beast he had come to defeat - if this truly was a monster and not some foul illusion meant to confuse him - then his duty was clear.

HP: 130/130   CC: 20/100
Report Spam   Logged

DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 09:56:31 pm »

She smirked as the knight stammered a bit, before giving a bow and formally introducing herself.

"Such like a standard knight you are, Sir Alan.  Either I must be some illusion of a foul beast, or a once-wholesome maiden corrupted by its power.  Although, from a certain perspective, you wouldn't be wrong."

Her eyes looked far off for a moment, before she returned her stare to him.  "Yes.  I am Tehtranaa, Queen of the Southern Mount.  The dragon that I suppose you've been seeking.  Though my old form is no longer something within my grasp."

The dragon queen smirked, looking over her flawless skin.  "Though, this does not mean my power has diminished in any way.  You might say its even grown~"

She snuck a simmering, seductive glance at Alan, and it would seem that her eyes were almost glimmering with delight and power...

Toughness (passive): Though she appears very....very soft, Tehtranaa's skin is capable of enduring mighty blows from physical and magical attacks.  Damage from all attacks are reduced by 10 points.

Enchanting Gaze, 70% chance, deals 20 cc (seduce): Tehtranaa's gaze is soft, seductive, and full of hidden delights and promises.  On a successful hit, the target has a 60% chance to be stunned for two turns, unable to turn away from her gaze and taking an additional 8 cc each turn.

300 hp
Report Spam   Logged

makuta15
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 11:16:29 pm »

Charisma: 87
Gaze: 65 - hit!
Stun: 15 - hit!

Emotion seethed and boiled under Sir Alan's skin as the vile creature taunted him with her claims of grandeur and royalty. He did not know what strange and evil fate had befallen this woman - this dragon - to make her what she was, but the more she spoke, the angrier he became. How dare this creature of darkness masquerade as something mortal, something that had a place under the light? He could see now that her beauty, though striking, served only to mock and pervert the mortal aspects that comprised her. Burning with rage, he met the challenge in her stare. His heart twinged at the sultry look behind them, but he ignored it. Evil would not tempt him!

"Whatever creature of darkness you are, your existence ends here! In the name of the light, die!" he shouted, lunging forth with his spear.

At least, that was what he meant to do.

In actuality, his hand never shifted from the hilt of his sword. His legs never carried him an inch. Rooted to the spot, he couldn't turn his head, or even wrest his eyes from the creature's glimmering stare, her smoky expression.

He couldn't move at all.

HP: 130/130  CC: 48/100
Report Spam   Logged

DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 11:44:20 pm »

"What, no witty retort?  No exclamation of how I'm a creature of evil and darkness?  No battle cry?"

Tehtranaa walked the length between them, coming face to face with Alan with a smirk.

"No doubt that's what you want to express.  Stupid man.  People like you are the exact reason why I want to change this world.  The legends of heroism you revere, the tales you gleefully follow... all just condensed to drive men to their deaths.  You never ask about the sacrifices heroes make or what spurred them to journey in the first place."

The look on her face was one of hate and sorrow, implying she was more than just a reborn tyrant of old, but Alan would soon see a magical staff zoom towards him, filling his sight instead of her pretty face.

Staff Strike, 85% chance, deals 5 damage (considered basic attack): Tehtranaa's staff is sturdy enough to be used as a melee weapon.  On a successful strike, it has a 50% chance of dealing an extra 5 fire damage, 5 dark damage, and 10 CC.
Report Spam   Logged

makuta15
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 08:52:46 pm »

Charisma: 71
Stun: 87
Staff Strike - Stunned!
Staff Extra - 18

Alan wanted to shout as the beautiful monster drew nearer. He wanted to cry out, to strike her down with his spear, to end it once and for all so that mocking allure of hers would trouble him no more. But he could do none of these things. Transfixed as he was, he could only seethe as the creature spoke down upon generations of service to the Light, of the sacrifice his Order had undergone to restore peace to this world. His heart pounded with...with desperation, surely, as she drew closer...and closer...he would be trembling, if he could move, could do anything other than gaze into her eyes. And then - and then -

And then the spell was broken the instant something hard and blunt came crashing into his head. He crumpled at once, crying out in pain as eldritch forces raced over his body. He burned against the unnatural power, fighting as best he could to return to his feet and to shake off the darkness that had stricken him.

HP: 115/130  CC: 66/100
Report Spam   Logged

DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 09:40:56 pm »

The staff would enter Alan's vision again, though this time it was pointed in his face, with a gleaming gem catching his attention.

"Stay on your knees, Knight.", Tehtranaa ordered, and the feeling of an enchantment or some kind of compulsion would assail him, worming into his mind and making the command seem like a very good idea...

Command, 70% chance, deals 25 cc (seduce): Tehtranaa singles out a target and uses her charisma, as well as the gem in her staff, to temporarily enslave that target's mind.  For a turn, that target follows a single command as if they were wholly devoted to Tehtranaa, while the sheer power of her desire and magic enflames their body in lust.
Report Spam   Logged

makuta15
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 10:52:02 pm »

Charisma: 89
Command: 59

As Alan raised his head once more, his vision was arrested once again by the tip of the woman's staff.

"Monster," he began, but that was as far as he got before something blew past him with overwhelming force. It was gone before the knight could even stagger, but he sunk to his knees anyway.

He had to.

The moment his adversary had issued her command, everything had changed. He had been instructed to kneel, and so he knelt. Disobedience was inconceivable. She commanded, and he obeyed, gazing up in awe of her beauty. He had never realized before how lovely she was - had never allowed himself to truly gaze upon her. Now, with no thought but to kneel before this woman's magnificence, he stared up at her and his heart ached with desire. The fight, his quest, the village and his horse - all was forgotten. He simply and dutifully remained on his knees before her.

"Yes...."

HP: 115/130  CC: 91/100
Report Spam   Logged

DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 10:56:18 pm »

"Good.  I am pleased, Sir Alan, with how well you take orders.  Knights, by their very nature, obey the commands of their superiors without question, don't they?", Tehtranaa purred, stroking the side of his face with a caress.

"In fact, they are the same as slaves.  Any command, any desire that their superiors, their masters, give them, they must obey.  So why do you think I am a monster?  Perhaps what you truly need is a master who knows you better than yourself~"

Tender Caress, 80% chance, deals 10 cc (seduce): A soft, silky caress that lingers on the target's body, tingling with Tehtranaa's magic may be enough to make any hero fall for her...

Report Spam   Logged

makuta15
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 11:40:21 pm »

Charisma: 44
Stun: 73
Caress: 95

Alan looked up helplessly into the face of the one he could not disobey. Her words were cruel, almost mocking, but that did not stop him from feeling a thrill of excitement at knowing he had pleased her, nor did it diminish the pleasure he felt as her hands brushed his face. The force that had compelled his obedience pulsed through him now, growing stronger with each passing moment.

"I...I am the same as a slave," he murmured. Desire made his voice hazy and dreamlike. It did not matter that she reeked of darkness, that her kind was inimical to all he had stood for. He knew it, distantly, but this was simply irrelevant. Under the dragon's spell, her words could not be denied. He mourned for what she said about his Order, but if she said he was a slave, then a slave he was to be. He leaned into her hand, in thrall to this beautiful monster.

HP: 115/130  CC: 101/100 - CHARM!
Report Spam   Logged

DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 09:00:42 pm »

Tehtranaa smiled, nearly purring with delight at the change in the knight's demeanor now that he was sufficiently cowed.

"Yes.  A slave who shall soon be in service to me, and to your passions.  Your foolhardy fight was merely a demonstration of how futile your resistance was, and now, you shall be rewarded~"

She focused her power into her staff, filling Alan with powerful magic.  Bliss, need, and lust would fill him, even as a pebbled surface began to form around him, enclosing him for what was next...

A Matriarch's Love, 100% chance, only usable on a target whose hp is below 20 or higher than 95 (make-over/conversion): When a target is sufficiently exposed to Tehtranaa's greatness, she will use her draconic power and focus it into her staff, whereupon a blast of magic envelops the target, solidifying into a giant egg made of obsidian and gold.  After five turns, the egg hatches, and the target emerges an alluring half-dragon, devoted to Tehtranaa.  If the egg is broken (50 hp), or if Tehtranaa is defeated (before or after it hatches), the conversion will fail.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: