Ensnared
April 19, 2024, 11:40:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Big changes are coming soon!  Keep an eye open for more information!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Deeper Investigation (Hitsuji/Star)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Deeper Investigation (Hitsuji/Star)  (Read 3008 times)
starofbalance

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« on: February 19, 2014, 10:17:40 pm »

Grace walked the city streets, looking much more like a native now. After her close brush a few weeks prior, she'd learned the importance of caution and blending in. Underneath a travelling robe, however, was her trusty handgun; not like she was going to give that up, though before the strange girl ran off, she had presented Grace with a small box.

"This should be slightly more effective than whatever you were using before."

It had contained rounds, perfectly fitted to her gun, and made of a combination of metals she'd never seen before. They shimmered when held up to the light, and Grace had figured she may as well use them. Hopefully, they would be of help on her present (self-given) mission.

There had been rumors of strange occurrences in this city, and even whisperings of a specter haunting the streets. While that alone wasn't enough to catch her attention, she'd heard of several strange policy changes, which suggested this...group that seemed to work behind the scenes of the world had set up shop here. As an Agent of the Alliance, it was her duty to protect the people from corrupted government, be it traditional or magical.

So here she was, in the high-end part of the city, searching for clues. Oh, how she missed being able to flash a badge and get answers...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Hitsuji

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 10:21:15 pm »

A well-dressed, obviously local, ten-year-old happened to be walking by, before stopping and glancing at Grace.

"Hrm? You don't seem to be around here," the girl observed.

If Grace paid attenton, she'd notice two things. First, that the girl's maids were awfully scantily-clad but seemed entirely short on self-consciousness about it. And second, that a couple other people were slipping away a little...
Report Spam   Logged
starofbalance

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 10:28:54 pm »

Grace was fairly good at picking up on details, and she did notice the growing clearing around the girl. For a moment.

What really drew her attention was the maids. A ten-year-old girl walking around with people dressed like that? Back where she came from, there'd be Agents swarming everywhere. For the moment, though, it was her. So, what was the story here?

"Pretty good." she said, turning and giving the maids a once over. "Yes, I've traveled from out of town. I heard that this city was quite a wonder to behold, and I wanted to see for myself. You live in this area?" she glanced at the buildings surrounding them. A few estates for the wealthy and influential.
Report Spam   Logged
Hitsuji

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 10:31:30 pm »

The girl nodded. "Indeed I live near here. I am Evangeline McDowell," she said, curtseying politely - her maids doing so in turn.

'Live', of course, being a manipulated term at best for a vampiress like her...
Report Spam   Logged
starofbalance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 10:40:31 pm »

The name didn't ring a bell, but Grace was hardly a native. Still, if she lived in this part of the city, she was going to be quite wealthy.

"I see, and these are your..." she took another look at the maids, sizing them up. Servants? Kidnappers? The way they were dressed suggested something more intimate, but she was just a child!
Report Spam   Logged
Hitsuji

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 10:57:10 pm »

"My servants, yes. A child like me shouldn't walk alone, even in daylight, you know?"

Something about her tone...
Report Spam   Logged
starofbalance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 11:05:57 pm »

"A child like you?" Grace asked, much more carefully now. Servants...her method of talking...something was wrong here. She looked around at the crowd again, thinking. "And how many children are there, like you?"
Report Spam   Logged
Hitsuji

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 11:07:04 pm »

"Not as many as one might think," the girl said, before starting off, her maids following...
Report Spam   Logged
starofbalance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 11:16:46 pm »

Grace waited a few moments, to put some distance between herself and Evangeline, before following. She took extra care not to be too obvious in her shadowing of the girl, watching for any signs of unusual activity.
Report Spam   Logged
Hitsuji

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 11:23:48 pm »

As Evangeline slipped into what appeared to be her family's manor, Grace might notice a few details. Like how people were steering clear of it... Or the odd looks of the staff. Like they were being influenced somehow...
Report Spam   Logged
starofbalance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 11:26:36 pm »

Grace didn't like to enter other peoples homes without permission. But this entire thing seemed off. The way everyone avoided the girl except the staff, who seemed to regard the girl as...

She pulled her gun from her holster, checking to make sure it was loaded and ready, before proceeding in.
Report Spam   Logged
Hitsuji

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 11:32:09 pm »

"Not even knocking, are we?", the girl's voice echoed. She was in one of the side doors, that much was certain.
Report Spam   Logged
starofbalance

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 11:35:35 pm »

Grace drew her gun quickly, clicking the safety off in the same smooth motion.

"This is part of an active investigation." she said, scanning the room carefully. She proceeded down the hallway, opening a door quickly and checking inside. "Something is wrong in this city."
Report Spam   Logged
Hitsuji

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 11:39:54 pm »

"Oh, you only just noticed?", the girl said with a chuckle.

"The hypnotized servants weren't a big enough clue? Of course, they're a little more obvious than my influence on the city council."
Report Spam   Logged
starofbalance

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 11:44:05 pm »

"So that was you." Grace continued her search as they talked, following the same procedure. Step carefully, open quickly, scan room.

"I'll admit, I didn't expect it to be a child. But you're not as young as you look, are you? No child speaks so eloquently. So what are you really doing here?"
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: