Ensnared
March 28, 2024, 06:46:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have a new chat room online!  Please see the "News" section for it's location.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

IMPORTANT!!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT!!!  (Read 2226 times)
Vortex421
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Search
« on: April 04, 2014, 11:51:29 pm »

All,

We have some big changes happening in the very near future.  However, we will soon be putting the site in 'Maintenance Mode' while these changes are underway.  We encourage you to visit the chat at:

http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=c6072315e80268901d9447d9df637b0e&server=irc.esper.net&channel=%23Ensnared-OOC

I will have more information on these changes soon. Smiley

Thanks,

Vortex
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Vortex421
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 08:00:47 pm »

Hello everyone,

As promised... here's some more information. Smiley

The site is MOVING! We are in the process of getting things packed up and ready to move to our new location.  (As of right now the domain name is still being set up, so there will be another thread with the new location when we're ready.)

Here's what you need to know at the moment...

All messages and threads posted before yesterday at 9 PM EDT have been archived.  These threads will be moved over to the new location and every effort will be made to keep them in the same condition they were in when they were archived. 

Now, there's quite a lot of users in the forum (and individual threads), and some of those users have not been active in quite some time. To make things a bit easier on everyone, posts from those active within the past 90 days and who have made at least 20 posts will be moved over and imported.  The rest will be kept in the archive, so if anyone returns to us from being long-dormant we can easily retrieve their threads as well.

Please keep an eye on the e-mail address you used to sign up here; that is the same e-mail address that will be used for your log-in on the new site.  If you do not have access to that e-mail anymore, please PM me with your new e-mail address so I can make sure that your credentials get to you.  It is my hope to have everything in place in the next day or two (this stuff takes time!). 

Feel free to PM me or reply to this if you have any questions regarding the move. 

Thanks,

Vortex
Report Spam   Logged
Vortex421
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 01:44:26 pm »

And now the update you've all been waiting for! Smiley 

The new site domain is now active and the process of moving posts over and registering user accounts will begin tonight.  Here's how things will progress:

1)  You will receive an e-mail with login information for the new site.  You'll have to change your password upon logging in, mostly because I'm just giving you a generic password. 
2)  Once you are on the forum, wait!  Threads will be moved over as users get registered at the new location.  (Users have to be registered before I can start importing posts.)
3)  Mistresses and Heroes will be moved over first.  Once these are in place, I will be asking you what threads from Battlefield/Sandbox you want brought over.  This is to ensure that we have all threads that you feel relevant to your characters. Smiley

This process will take a few days to complete;  it's a bit of a slow process but that's out of necessity and a desire to keep from screwing things up in the transition. Smiley

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or post here. 

Thanks,

Vortex
Report Spam   Logged
Vortex421
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 09:56:08 am »

All e-mails have been sent to members active in the last 90 days with 20 or more posts.  If you have not received one at the e-mail address you registered here with, please check your spam folder.  If you still do not see one, please PM me immediately and I can provide you with login credentials. 

The process of moving characters over has begun.  As this is a relatively new undertaking for me, I am still getting a faster process in place.  So far I have moved over heroes/mistresses for one user, have heroes/mistresses primed for a second, and mistresses moved over for a third.  I will continue to post updates here for the time being. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Vortex421
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 06:45:37 pm »

As of this evening over 50% (16 out of 30) of users' mistresses and heroines have been moved over to the new forum.  I am hoping to get another 5-10 done tonight and finish tomorrow. At that point we'll start looking at story/thread transitions. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Vortex421
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 10:29:00 pm »

All 30 users have had their mistresses and heroines moved over.  If you do not see yours on the new forum, please PM me. 

The URL, for those who are curious, is:

www.ensnared-rp.com

Thanks!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: