Ensnared
March 28, 2024, 11:27:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Big changes are coming soon!  Keep an eye open for more information!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Rules

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rules  (Read 4581 times)
Omega
The end of all things.....Related to tomfoolery!
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Combination Topic Starter
« on: November 30, 2010, 02:03:46 pm »

I'm a pretty relaxed guy about these kinds of things, but there are a few rules I'd like you to keep in mind.

1. No flaming, trolling and etc.

Honestly I'm surprised this still has to be said. But it does.

We all want to be friends here. Intentionally antagonizing other people is the quickest way to get you booted. You should know better anyway.

2. No God-modding.

God-modding is when a character is over-powered to the point of being unfair and not fun.

For example, a character with special powers where they never get hit/hurt. Insta-kill moves, or otherwise insanely powered moves.

Yes the fun here is in losing. But the thrill is in the hunt, not so much the kill. I understand everything pretty much falls down to chance, but likewise you should understand that too. Make sure to balance attacks out so it's not too unfair.

This doesn't mean extremes aren't off limits though. To clarify, here's something I'd consider god-modding.

Heart Crush
70% hit rate
Target is instantly charmed.

However if tweeked to something like this...

Heart Crush
60% hit rate
Inflicts 5 damage to target and 15 CC. If target is below 50 HP and above 80 CC, target is instantly charmed.

That would be completely fine by me, because there are conditions in place for the defender to do something about to prevent it from happening, should they think things are going too fast.

Over-all, use good judgement. If you think something might be too unfair, then don't use it. If you have to, message an admin about it and they'll give you a straight answer.

3. Be creative

I know I just got through vigorously explaining to not go to far. But by EVERY MEANS, I encourage you to come up with things outside of the box. It makes things more fun and interesting and it shows you care about what your doing. I only stressed rule #2 so much, because there's a fine line between creative and unfair, and you should know where that line stands.

4. Don't force yourself into someone's interaction.

If two other people (or more) are in the middle of role playing. DO NOT waltz in and join in with them. This ususally happens with somebody who's bored and has a "they won't care" philosophy.

They do care. There could easily be something going on, or something planned to happen that your prescence ruins. Wait for somebody else, or for the people in question to be freed up.

5. Have Anti-spams in Place For Healing Moves

Healing HP/CC in the game is perfectly fine, but it's annoying when things come to a stalemate because you're healing just as fast as you're hurting in an indefinate loop. Have some sort of clause or niche to keep healing from being to broken.

Some examples would be, limited number of uses, deteriating HP recovery with subsequent use, deteriating hit percentage with subsequent use, inability to target the caster themselves and etc.

6. Cursing

Cursing/swearing is not censored but generally encouraged to be kept under control. You can do it yes, but we'd all appreciate it if you didn't use "fuck ass titties damn" as a sentence.

7. Spelling.

Nobody is a grammar god. In fact, I'm sure there's hundreds of errors in this very post alone, and I plan on going back and checking.

The point is, nobody's perfect. But it REALLY helps people like you better, and want to interact with you more if you take the time to make sure your post is legible. Type all your words out, no abbreviations, and do your best with grammar.

8. Be respectful of other people's kinks.

Look...Be honest. How many places can you go and be open about this kind of stuff?

No two people are into the exact same thing. Eventually your going to find somebody who wants to do something with you, that freaks you right the hell out. Do not tell them it freaks you right the hell out. Politely decline. If the same person consistently insists, tell them you aren't into whatever it is, but don't be rude about it. Chances are somebody else feels the same way about your kinks, and how would you feel is they called you a freak for liking what you like?

Over-all don't be rude to someone about it. Be open to compromise with the person if possible, and be open-minded to things you haven't tried. Follow those three things and you should be okay.

9. Is it okay if I...?

Yes. Most likely anyway. If you have a question about content, feel free to ask an admin. If nothing else we can probably change it to an acceptable level, but chances are it really won't matter.

10. Have fun!

This isn't supposed to be complicated or stressful. This is supposed to be a place you can go to have fun while enjoying something you can't get in many other places. So have fun, make friends and enjoy! There's no reason to let anything that goes on here bother you on a personal level. If it does, than somebody offended you and they need to be banned, or you need to close the browser and do something else for a little while.

We want to make your experiances here enjoyable, so if something needs to be changed. Speak up! The admins are here for a reason: to maintain order. But we can't do our job without feedback.

That is all. Any questions you may have can be asked on this board, or to an admin over PM.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 01:13:48 pm by Omega » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lategeometry101

View Profile
Level 3 Second year Anniversary Search
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 06:20:32 pm »

I am going to get this out of the way as quickly as possible. Omega has agreed that copyrighted characters may be used on the forum so if you want to use one do not hold back.
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 09:39:31 am »

11. Inactive Players and Their Mistresses

Hey guys, it sucks for everyone when people have to go for a while, so here's a new rule:

When a player controlling a mistress is inactive for two months, any converted character under that mistress may choose to free their hero(ine) from the control of said mistress. Though a story is appreciated if you wish to separate, it is not required.

After a period of three months, a member may use the characters of another member so long as they have the permission of one moderator or the admin. These characters still belong to their original player, and must be returned when asked for, however.
Report Spam   Logged
Rin

Procrastinating Writer/Mad Scientist

View Profile
Level 5 Spammer 25 Posts in one day One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 01:43:25 am »

Ah, rules that are understandable I like. Hopefully I will have some fun here. Glad unlike other sites, you clearly made the rules out ^_^
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hardest Thing We Have to Do, Is Face The Darkest Thing... Ourselves, Our Fears and The Heart..."

Finished Book 2. Now time for some good RP, Science and Muffins. Open for RP. Mad Scientist Plotting the World's End <3
benster

View Profile
Level 2 Avatar Search
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 11:12:40 pm »

I think these are very easily followed rules and I will adhere to them.
Report Spam   Logged
Senti Onikawa

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 04:16:39 pm »

Could we get this thread locked? Seems like a lot of unnecessary posting is going on.
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
The one who won't let this place die >.>
Administrator

Lay off the poor beavers, will ya?! SHEESH!!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 10:05:27 pm »

This will be locked until further notice. 
Report Spam   Logged

Can it wait? I'm just finishing up on some callibrations.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: