Ensnared
April 19, 2024, 01:33:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Big changes are coming soon!  Keep an eye open for more information!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

The Sanctum

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sanctum  (Read 4817 times)
Omega
The end of all things.....Related to tomfoolery!
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Combination Topic Starter
« on: March 08, 2011, 10:37:58 am »

Well established in the largest city in the country, the Sanctum was formed to counter the growing threat of the Organization. Headed by public officials, the Sanctum trains and hires out heroes, soldiers, mercenaries, and the like to do battle with the Organization, as well as scientists and researchers devoted to coming up with ways to counter the seduction effect and even change a transformed slave back to normal.

The Sanctum is composed of three main buildings seperated by an extravagant courtyard.
The largest building is in the middle, north of the courtyard and serves most administrating purposes of the Sanctum. Inside, officials of all kinds can be seen running around, updating each other about ongoing events in the field and giving and receiving orders to one another. Heroes come here to be hired out to the Sanctum for missions or to be assigned jobs in other areas.

To the left of the courtyard is Research and Development, where dedicated researchers work around the clock to come up with new strategies for combatting the Organization. Medical services are also offered here, and about half of the building is a fully functional hospital trained especially for healing both physical wounds and settling disturbed minds of Mistress victims.

Finally, to the right of the courtyard is a dedicated training area for heroes to strengthen themselves in. Here, war veterens of the past as well as surviving Mistress victims offer training and advice to aid those on the field of battle. Commanding field officers are also around here, meeting with their higher-ups to discuss battle strategies.

Taking a quick look around, one can't help but feel like the war just got alot more even-handed. But will all of these steps, really make a difference? Who's to say...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

RyuForce

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 05:01:09 pm »

Akari walked around aimlessly in the Sanctum. It was not that she did not want to train or give advice over her last encounter with the Mistresses she barely survived but because she is trying to find that one guy, Ryu. Walking around the courtyard she ducked and avoided the training battles as people shot arrows into targets or slice into a dummy. She did stop to see the few that seem to be using some sort of device that fires small objects the size of a pebble but are as deadly or if not, more deadly then any arrow.

Soon she sighed and sat down. Unable to find who she was looking for. Then again, she does not even know what he looks like.
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 05:35:47 pm »

Cody himself wanders around the Sanctum. He's not one for seeking out heroes too often, but hearing of this place has piqued his interest. He watches as they train; mind already thinking of possibilities of selling his family's weapons to them. It would be a good contract, certainly. However, Akari catches his eye.

A distraught looking lady? Well, if that's not reason enough to help then I can't think of any other. He smirks to himself and strolls over to her. He stands before her and gives a little bow.

"Good afternoon, miss. You're looking a bit down in an exciting place...something on your mind?"
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
The one who won't let this place die >.>
Administrator

Lay off the poor beavers, will ya?! SHEESH!!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 11:49:00 pm »

A svelte woman, her messy raven hair tied up in a raised ponytail, impatiently walks down the hall.  She is wearing what seem to be a pair of very short shorts that bring the eye to her legs, and an explorer's shirt with a few knots tied in the front to bring eyes towards her considerable bust.  All this of course, is not as shocking as her ears.  They're elven.

"Geez", Beryl says loudly, looking from side to side to spot the contact her guild paid her to meet with.  She had gotten approving looks from some of the male clientle and heroes around the Sanctum, which meant her appearance was doing its job.  But, she was here solely for business, and wasn't much to partake of pleasure.

"Hey!  Anybody seen a General Kurtis around here?!  I'm supposed to meet with him.", she added in a harumph.

It is quite obvious that she is referring to someone of importance, as a few of the officers nearby immediately leave, presumably to go get this general, although it could also be to get some more experienced security, as only those confident of their skills or utter fools would openly wear such a large scimitar by their side, as she has done.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 11:53:14 pm by DrgnmastrAlex » Report Spam   Logged

Can it wait? I'm just finishing up on some callibrations.
RyuForce

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 12:51:57 am »

Akari looked up to see Cody stand before her. "I am looking for a guy, goes by Ryu but. I don't know anything else about him. Last name, looks, all a mystery but I need to find him as soon as possible." She gets up and dust herself off. "Bit hard to explain why though."
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 02:08:57 am »

Cody raises a brow. "Huh, well that's not much to go on. Can't say I've heard of him, but you're in the right place to find information...speaking of which." He turned around to the source of vocal commotion and spotted Beryl. "Looks like we have a kindred spirit in search of a man as well." He said, reaching up to adjust the hat on his head. Still, he'd give Akari some attention first.

"Ah, Cody Brummett, at you service, miss...?" He bowed, taking off his hat. He gazed up and gave her a charming smile as he waited for the answer.
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 03:09:47 am »

Beryl smirked, "Can the suave gentleman act.  Unless you can get me General Kurtis or someone who can get him for me, you're wasting my time"

She looked at the two with some disdain.  This 'Cody' was probably some charlatan, thinking a few honeyed words could get on her good side.  And the other woman who was talking with him might've bought it.  Best to move on.

"You know what?  Nevermind.  You don't look like the type who can get me what I need...", she waved dismissively, looking around the hall a bit more for signs of security or other military personnel.  They wouldn't ignore an elf of all people wearing a blade openly.

(OOC: ...yeah, Beryl's a bitch until you've shown you're capable, either in a fight, in a kind of skill, or academically.  Other than that, she does this to push people away.  Thinking I may make her tsundere if she survives some battles.  >.> )
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 03:14:05 am by DrgnmastrAlex » Report Spam   Logged

Lime

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 3
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 06:18:51 am »

Off in the courtyard, one might notice a long, almost rectangular indentation in a section of the lawn. Most of the regulars knew why it was there, and it was not often surprising to find a large rucksack nestled in it, with a stocky, tawny-haired young man leaning against and examining his spoils. Rings, trinkets, bits of scrap and junk he could fashion into sturdy supplies... Caleb had lots of things. It was a wonder how he was able to fit all that stuff into his rucksack, or even lift it an inch off the ground.

Usually he was basking in the afternoon sun against it while fiddling with things. Sometimes people would approach him with requests, which he was more than happy to fulfill. To fight the good fight and all. He rarely accepted money however, being more of a bartering man. As a result he usually asked errands of people in return, leading some disgruntled heroes to call him a waste of everyone's time. Not that he minded.

At the moment, he wasn't working on anything, lying back against the sack as if it were a pillow, deep in thought. His normally jovial and alert expression was distant and serious. It would likely vanish the moment he sensed someone else approaching him, unless they were quiet.
Report Spam   Logged

Dunno what to put here. :v

Uh... I'm usually open for an RP, so drop me a note if you're interested!

Currently trying to think of new and interesting characters. Watch this space! or don't.
RyuForce

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 10:39:57 am »

Akari shakes her head but bows back in respect. "Did you really have to say it like that? He is someone I need to meet so I can defeat Seczor." Akari spoke, mostly to try to work away from the blush caused by just the way Cody formed his words about her trying to find Ryu. "He can only be slain by us and without him, I stand a low chance of success." She takes notice at Beryl but clearly since she cares only for her needs, Akari does not remain focused on her for long.
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 11:00:14 am »

Cody shrugged as Beryl walked away.

"Well, if I could please everyone, I certainly would." He turned back to Akari and nodded. "Ah, so this is a more practical reason to find him." Cody looks around. "Well, if he doesn't make his way here at some point, I would be surprised. Until then, I'd more than happy to assist you with anything you needed."

My airship leads have hit a dead end. I'll take a break from it for a while, see if I can't hawk my wares...break a few hearts. All those fun things. He thought, smirking inwardly.
Report Spam   Logged
RyuForce

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 04:54:46 pm »

"No, finding Ryu is all that matters right now. I fear that Seczor may have aligned himself with these mistresses and if so, he will become more powerful then ever before." She looks down, thoughts of those she failed to save when Yula and Narashe attacked still haunt her mind. "Until I find answers, this will be a good place to train."
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 05:02:58 pm »

Cody nodded, noting the pain on her features. "Chin up now, if we focus on what we've lost then we're no good to our friends are we?" He said with an air of sincerity. He offers a hand to her. "If you even need a hand, you have my services and my weapons at your disposal." He smiled.
Report Spam   Logged
RyuForce

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 05:05:05 pm »

She looks up to Cody, surprised by how much he offers to help. "Well when the time comes to defeat Seczor then I might call for your service. For that is when I would need it the most....but thanks."
Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 05:18:03 pm »

"Sounds good then. Well, I'm not hard to find, so seek me out when you need me. Ciao." He said, tipping his hat to her and strolling off. He went over to a nearby notice board, looking for a next potential job to do.

Bees eh...? He thought.
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 06:39:05 pm »

Beryl hadn't gotten any more attention from the guards or the officials, and had no luck finding this General Kurtis.  She was considering giving up on the meeting, when she caught sight of Akari, now separated from Cody.  Beryl sighed, before walking up to her.  She might as well drop a line for a potenial contact.

"Hey", she started, "I'm sorry for coming off as a bitch.  Kind of my default way of dealing with people, plus I was in a bad mood.  Listen, if you need any help with anything, here's my card, where to find me, or where to find someone to come get me."  Beryl offered a small piece of paper, shaped like a rectangle, held between her index and middle finger.  "Just keep this in mind: many times I expect payment, and my employer ALWAYS expects payment, although it doesn't have to be monetary.  However, we get things done." 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: