Ensnared
March 28, 2024, 06:19:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have a new chat room online!  Please see the "News" section for it's location.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Role Play

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Role Play  (Read 1065 times)
Omega
The end of all things.....Related to tomfoolery!
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Combination Topic Starter
« on: December 01, 2010, 04:34:16 pm »

So you need to start at the very beginning huh? Well no biggie, RPing is pretty simple and it can be really fun!

First of all you need a character. There's another guide for that.

After you've made a character, you gotta find somebody to interact with. One on one interactions are discussed either in character threads or over PM. Missions can be found on the mission board.

Got one of those? Good! You're ready to go.

Essentially you simply act out a scenario. But you probably knew that. Someone in the interaction (or whoever is in charge of the mission in the case of a mission) posts a topic on the RP board, setting the scene and the other person goes from there. After that it's a back and forth reaction to whatever's happening. For details on actual interaction, there's another guide.

Anyways there are 3 main ways to RP. Different people prefer different kinds, really it doesn't make a difference.

1. 1st person RPing

The player acts out events as seen through the eyes of the character. It boosts the experiance for some people

Example:
I walked up the same creaky old stairs and plopped down on my bed, tired from the long day. I soon got up, walking over to the window to close it since it was so freaking cold in here. As I thought about the day I realized it hadn't been all bad. I did meet that cute transfer girl today. I'd have to talk her again tomorrow. With this in mind, I turned over and fell asleep.

2. 3rd person RPing

Similar to 1st person but the player acts out events as if their being read in a book.

Example:
Johnny walked up the same creaky old stairs and plopped down on his bed, tired from the long day. He soon got up, walking over to the window to close it since it was so cold in the room. As he thought about the day he realized it hadn't been all bad. He did meet that cute transfer girl today. He'd have to talk her again tomorrow. With this in mind, he turned over and fell asleep.

3. Script Style RPing

Events are acted out as if written on a movie script. Usually preferred by people who want to use as much action as 3 paragraphs, without actually typing out 3 paragraphs. Note that actions are marked with asterix, with thoughts in parathesis.

Example:
Johnny: *walks up the stairs and lays in bed. Gets back up, going over to close the window.* Man Today was rough... (It wasn't all bad thought. I met that cute girl. I should talk to her again tomorrow) *goes to sleep*

....Okay so it didn't shorten that one so much. But it stacks up.

.....Yeah I don't expect many people to use this one, I just thought I'd show it just in case.

Anyways you may use any style you prefer. It should be noted that out-of-character comments should be posted in paranthesis at the top of the post.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 02:38:00 pm by Omega » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: