Ensnared
April 19, 2024, 02:31:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have a new chat room online!  Please see the "News" section for it's location.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

AC's Board of Suggestions: General

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AC's Board of Suggestions: General  (Read 819 times)
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Apple User
« on: April 11, 2011, 07:16:47 pm »

With new blood coming in, we're seeing that the game system is starting to get pushed in new directions. Because of that, I would like to create this thread; I figured having a single board dedicated to one aspect of suggestions would make things easier. This thread will be about general suggestions.

SUGGESTIONS BELOW, PLZ K?
-Glossary of Terms
-Practice Board- Approved and made
-Battle/Character Moderator
-Expound on setting limitations
-Story creation/plotting thread
-New mission types
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:29:34 pm by AC DF » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Vortex421
Administrator

View Profile
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Search
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:20:25 pm »

Ah, my blank canvas.  So many ideas swirling around.  Where to begin?  =)

Let’s start at the very beginning.  A glossary of terms.  There are different concepts for what a “grapple” is, or what it means to be charmed or enslaved. What about stunning?  These may be game mechanics in a sense, but the glossary is definitely a more general concept. 

Next, I think a practice board would be good.  Something where people can test their characters before throwing them out to the wolves.  When I sent my mikos out against Esperia, the result was so painful that it wound up being Non-Canon due to the overwhelming amount of overkill sustained.  I don’t want other new players to deal with the same sort of thing.  Give them a chance to learn and grow, or at least a venue that doesn’t require cluttering the game with “Non-Canon” threads.

I’d also suggest the creation of a (proportionate to the playerbase) number of “battle moderators/admins” who oversee both the character balancing and the actual battles themselves.  Right now the honor system is holding its own, but it is too easy for a player to “fudge” a roll if they are not in chat.  A neutral third party is a better bet, be it in a mission mod capacity or just battle mod.  These moderators can look at and review each character and changes made and give their blessing or disapproval before the character can proceed.  They could also ask players to test their character concepts in the practice board if there were concerns.

Of course, there are the suggestions about the storyline and setting.  Right now we have a blank canvas by and large with few to any guidelines for what is acceptable and not.  I could make a Martian if I wanted and it would probably be fine under the current layout.  ^_~  A bit of direction there would work as well.

These are my basic ideas from a general point of view.  I’ll have ideas for mechanics shortly.
Report Spam   Logged
Omega
The end of all things.....Related to tomfoolery!
Administrator

View Profile
Level 3 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 04:33:44 pm »

I got alot of my thoughts out on the other suggestions board, and this one is a lot simplier to manage >.<.

I talked about the glossary in my other post, so go read that for my thoughts.

A specifically Non-Canon board is definately a good idea. We've been flooded by non-canon interactions lately, and it is distracting from the real game. I don't think anybody is really against this.

Admins are something that should be addressed immidietly I think. We could do for some management changes, and with all the big changes that it seems like are going to be coming soon I could use the help. I wish I could do things often by myself, but I'm sure you guys understand that I just don't have the time to consistently make large changes to the site. As for specifics, Mazin is a nice enough guy that he can stay, but Geo doesn't come on too often or do that much. No hard feelings to the guy or nothing, but I think he should step down and one or two more people step up. The big question is who?

Personally I propose AC. He online and active quite often and I wouldn't have been able to debug the chatroom without his help.

As for the story, really that just comes down to somehow taking the time and write one out and work it in.
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
The one who won't let this place die >.>
Administrator

Lay off the poor beavers, will ya?! SHEESH!!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 08:45:37 pm »

If its alright with Omega and the others, I'd be willing to write the main story.  I'm not asking to do it alone though; I'd need some help with some scripted events and some other details that may spring up later, but the main plot flow, possibly put into chapters, I can do.  If others have any ideas for main events in the story, I'd be willing to hear them.  They may fit in better than what I have in mind.
Report Spam   Logged

Can it wait? I'm just finishing up on some callibrations.
Esperia

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Windows User Level 3
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 08:52:39 pm »

Ooooooh~ novel writing time?! *puts on smart-looking glasses and gets Tsuyuri the muse on the job*

How about we have a topic with people put in their ideas and interests for the main story and then have someone, or a group of people write the main story flow, either in different versions and pick the parts one enjoys the most from each version?
Report Spam   Logged
Slixer

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Spammer 25 Posts in one day Second year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 06:38:42 am »

I don't think I could really add to whats already been discussed but I would like to bring up the point of missions. I know the overall theme of the site is heroes vs mistresses with a heavy prevalence on the Mistresses winning, but at the same time I feel with need a touch of diversity in terms of missions, or at the least we need to have more throw away mistresses and villians so that heroes can be given the chance to earn level without this massive 75-85% failure rate and conversation.

What I mean is it's a pretty big world, theres gotta be more things wrong with it than just a group of horny dominatrix controllers
Report Spam   Logged
Omega
The end of all things.....Related to tomfoolery!
Administrator

View Profile
Level 3 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 08:30:03 pm »

I don't mind if you do it Alex. I think Star volunteered as well before, though I'm not sure if that offer is still up or not. And I certainly have some ideas to chip. Not anything structured really, but some dramatic scenes to work in Cheesy

I'll make a topic....Sometime....I'm a tad busy at the moment >.<

I don't think I could really add to whats already been discussed but I would like to bring up the point of missions. I know the overall theme of the site is heroes vs mistresses with a heavy prevalence on the Mistresses winning, but at the same time I feel with need a touch of diversity in terms of missions, or at the least we need to have more throw away mistresses and villians so that heroes can be given the chance to earn level without this massive 75-85% failure rate and conversation.

What I mean is it's a pretty big world, theres gotta be more things wrong with it than just a group of horny dominatrix controllers

This was actually part of the reason for making The Sanctum and Castle Lenais. The Heroes could do more normal things, and the Mistresses could do more generically evil things together. Just noone's done it yet.

Me and Lime had a pretty cool quest lined up for the two of us, but we haven't started it yet because he wanted to finish another interaction first or something.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: