Ensnared
April 19, 2024, 10:34:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Big changes are coming soon!  Keep an eye open for more information!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Transformer 3, Spoiler free review.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transformer 3, Spoiler free review.  (Read 393 times)
RyuForce

Badges: (View All)
« on: July 02, 2011, 07:32:30 pm »

Watch it. No seriously, watch it if you like the series. This one is better then the second, holds a good story and amount of actions and all your favorite bots are back. (Cept Jazz because well...he's been dead since the first movie) The point is this one is an entertaining one to see that has the right mix of Action, Drama, and Story that keeps it from being just simply an explosion fest.

The only down size is the name of the full title. "Dark of the Moon" It's cheesy even if it marks what this movie is all about.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DrgnmastrAlex
The one who won't let this place die >.>
Administrator

Lay off the poor beavers, will ya?! SHEESH!!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 09:14:52 pm »

There's a good chance this movie's better than even the first one.  It's that good.  Oh, and rumors of Unicron in the movie are false.  I thought he'd be in there, judging by some of the shots from the trailer, but he's not.  >.<';
Report Spam   Logged

Can it wait? I'm just finishing up on some callibrations.
Slixer

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Spammer 25 Posts in one day Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 03:48:58 am »

I think we have have watched a completely different film series.

I mean honestly I still expect a film titled "Transformers" to have more than 15.4 minutes of the acutual robots and not 2 and half hours of Shia Labouf flailing around like he's anything other than a mental patient that's escaped from the ward.

The Plot makes less sense than one of the 1980's shows (even the Japanese exclusive ones) In short like the previous two, throwing a whole lot of special effects doesn't equal a film Sad
Report Spam   Logged
RyuForce

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 10:21:57 am »

I think we have have watched a completely different film series.

I mean honestly I still expect a film titled "Transformers" to have more than 15.4 minutes of the actual robots and not 2 and half hours of Shia Labouf flailing around like he's anything other than a mental patient that's escaped from the ward.

The Plot makes less sense than one of the 1980's shows (even the Japanese exclusive ones) In short like the previous two, throwing a whole lot of special effects doesn't equal a film Sad

I think so too. Considering the Decepticons maintain constant appearance and part of the story the moment they appeared. Though the Autobots took less of an overall appearance, saying 15 minutes for said appears is still an exaggeration. Now granted it did revolve alot around Shia aka Sam but I think I get why he did it. He wanted it to be more from the perception of the humans and how the appearance of the Transformers would chance our way of life and effect several people, mainly Sam.

Now I never watched any of those old shows or films people compare it to but I honestly see this one certainly ranked better then the second movie of this series though it may not of been as good as the first...still no Ghetto bots. THANK GOODNESS!
Report Spam   Logged
Slixer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 05:24:54 pm »

I understand why they took it from a human perspective, it's because hollywood firmly believe that most people have the comprehension skills and imagination of a Monkey shot up on caffine and a cocktail of speed and more and if we don't have some Joe every man to see through his eyes we won't be able to relate to whats going on, which honestly is a load.

Shia Labouf is not Joe Everyman, hell it's insulting to even pretend that he is a normal person doesn't speak at a 1/10th of his speed or even have a fraction of his luck.

The Decepticons aren't really on the screen that much rather the strange spaceships, fighters and Worm take up the majority of the decepticons time. Now Given that this is a race of beings that can turn themselves into vehicals and weapons I don't see why they need fighter planes.... a Carrier sure but hell they just couldn't be arsed to invent transformations for them so yeah when most of the robots on screen can't Transform I'm wondering what the hell I'm paying for >.> and for a 3 hour film 45 minutes of robots doing stuff is still terrible.

To the Films credit it did take an hour before I suddenly felt the urge to face palm or leave, which is a record over the other two which did that in under 15 minutes but that was probably because I was to happy at seeing Sam's life be terrible, though then again when you have arm candy like that as a girlfriend despite being a total douche I have to wonder how anyone could be crying all that often >.>

and since this is spoiler free I can't talk to much about the train wreck that was the plot >.> I wasn't expecting to much but at least he could have remember the plot of the other 2 rather than pull a single plot device out of it and reuse it and then completely screw up his own plots.
Report Spam   Logged
RyuForce

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 11:17:32 am »

Just because you don't like stories with a human perspective in them does not mean you have to indirectly insult others that do. However some movies do it real bad. (I know of a Dungeon in Dragons Movie that had two main characters acting like they are from modern times for example) And this one does it alright, least til mid way.

Well the speak speed Shia has is possible....but the luck? Yeah pass mid way, I REALLY have to give you that one. Personally there is a part with him and Optimus at that Mid Part of the story where I felt it could and should of went a different way.

Spoilers:
When Sam talks to Optimus to try to get him to relieve his plan for a come back, I really think the whole 'no plan' lie scheme makes no sense. Especially with Optimus saying right there how much he trusts Sam. I personally see that it would of been better if Sam rather then let Decepticons know of Optimus' plan and basically prove that the humans will betray the Autobots to save themselves (hence what the bad male character was doing), he lets himself die just to show to Optimus just how much the human race has yet to given up on them and restore their faith in humanity even when America was letting the Deceptions exile them. I just see that being a lot better then 'think the Autobots are dead and go on impossible mission to save my girlfriend and survive many, many things that no normal human can' sequence we got instead.

I am not saying the movie does not have problems (What on earth was the name of that new Geezer looking autobot that apparently been with them for some time?) but I still see how it's enjoyable and how what they choose still leaves it entertaining.

One last spoiler:
Yes the fact we could of got a Optimus, Sentinel, and Megatron three way fight but ended up with just a cheap shot from Megatron and a quick death to him and Sentinel was rather disappointing.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:24:39 am by RyuForce » Report Spam   Logged
Slixer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 12:22:19 pm »

I did not indirectly insult anyone, I am stating why Shia Labouf was put in the script.

The Autobot your thinking of Is call Q entirely made up for the film and has never existed previously, he is a retcon of the second movies Blue Car known as Jolt whom didn't speak and only did one thing, using his jumper cables to cause Prime and Jetfire to fuse.
Report Spam   Logged
gguy123

View Profile
Search Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 05:28:57 pm »

I thought it was kinda funny watching Citizen Kane after watching this movie...

There are so many similarities between Kane and Sentinel Prime... how they went bad... and the reasons behind their respective betrayals...
It was... an interesting comparison...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: