Ensnared
April 18, 2024, 04:07:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have a new chat room online!  Please see the "News" section for it's location.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Alternative Conversion Concept

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative Conversion Concept  (Read 697 times)
FredKrug

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« on: April 28, 2012, 04:44:06 pm »

As a few members have probably heard, I've been looking at the trends of the site in ways of conversion, and have been wanting to see something a little new. As all of you know, RPs tend to go as such:

1. Hero encounters Mistress
2. Fight ensues in which, obviously, Mistress wins.
3. Hero becomes pawn over course of the RP.
4. Hero quickly falls madly in love with Mistress with drastic shift in personality.
5. Sex or similarly significant scene follows before begining servitude.

Though this formula is not bad, I'm finding it very hard to do it over and over again with very few breaks in the system. It is enjoyable, if repedative. Suffice to say, I'm having trouble getting motivated to do another such RP again at the moment, if only because the plot is almost always identicle to the above formula.

What I would like to propose is a sort of alternative method to making a Mistress that would allow for a little more playing around with the character without necessarily going away from the primary idea of charming a hero. The idea is based around altering the function of the battle and putting more emphasis on the post-combat section of an RP. The following is a rough outline of what I have been considering.

1. Hero encounters Mistress
2. Fight ensues, Mistress obviously wins
3. Mistress uses Hero's weaken state to capture/enslave the Hero.
4. Mistress creates method of containment/control over Hero, allowing for gradual mental shifts in the Hero to sink them into servitude.
5. Hero resists, but slowly breaks down until they are a willing servant.
6. Hero falls for Mistress over long period of exposure.
7. Sex or similarly significant scene follows as they enter their new life.

Please note: This is not an attempt to undo the current system. This is more a method of instituting an alternative option for the whole conversion process. Functionally, the fight is meant to serve as a setup for the actual transition, using the event as a way of creating a system of containing and controlling them through the actual process of making them a willing servant/follower/whatever. Think of it more as a (forgive me for the reference) Pokemon system. You go through the steps of capturing the Hero, but that doesn't make them your 'best friend' right away. you have to work at it for a bit before they're willing to jump at your every command.

This method does not require any initial work on the person's mind, per se. Though some initial processes can be done to cause them to obey, such tasks can be left for afterwards. The important thing is not in actually making them a loyal servant, but in making them either unable to fight back or making it so they can't resist. I can offer a few examples of how this might work, but ultimately, I should hope that everyone can come up with a few ways or situations that would be suitable to slowly breaking a character in.

This concept is not something I have fully fleshed out, but I wanted to post this for discussion. Actual mechanics and such can be devised. This was just something I pumped out to help get the idea out.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 09:37:44 pm »

The concept is sound, Fred, but it raises some new issues.

The biggest thing that comes to mind is just how much a hero could resist once they're at number four. Now, I could see this being decided between the people in the thread, but at the same time I have to ask if we're going to need a new value or what.

I like the idea though, and I'd like to hear everyone elses' thoughts.
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
The one who won't let this place die >.>
Administrator

Lay off the poor beavers, will ya?! SHEESH!!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 11:09:05 pm »

I liked the idea when Fred put it forward to me, to be honest.  We went over some of what he proposed, and though the 'containment and control' phase does need some fine tuning, I liked it as another way for rp'ing and providing more entertainment for current and future members.  Plus, the current trend of rps being combat-heavy and involving the conversion in the end of the fight has gotten somewhat bland.  This way, we can rp further, going more into the process of mind control and conversion, and get more threads from that one conflict.

I don't have an issue with a gauge to see how far along a captured hero is, or for players to agree upon it outside the thread.  In fact, I welcome both methods, as long as it leads to player satisfaction.
Report Spam   Logged

Can it wait? I'm just finishing up on some callibrations.
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 11:21:26 pm »

I think the best way to solve this would either be a new thread, or perhaps making better use of lairs.

We could use the Organization headquarters for some of these. I imagine they'd have facilities equipped to contain and break heroes. Really though, this is all up to you guys. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
FredKrug

View Profile
Apple User Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 11:41:06 pm »

Number 4 is meant to be the loss of the battle. Containment can vary greatly, depending on what the Mistress wants. It can be as simple as finding a way to bind them, preventing them from attacking or even moving signficantly, or it can be something more subtle, like something that allows the Mistress to override the person's motor controls, etc. I wasn't trying to come up with a list or anything that would pretain to all options, as, quite obviously, that would be rather pointless. The general idea is that CC, in this case, would either represent the ability for a Mistress to trap them (Capture Points or however you'd like to adjust the anogram), or would be set aside for the Mistress to contain them physically before going over to mentally wearing them down.

If necessary, a secondary gauge could be established for the conversion after Capture, and could even have a method of the hero attempting escape, but this would be just a method of adjusting the system so it doesn't necessarily lose the 'resistence' factor.
Report Spam   Logged

Rin

Procrastinating Writer/Mad Scientist

View Profile
Level 5 Spammer 25 Posts in one day One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 08:40:17 am »

well if no one minds, I could bring in some adventure type RPs, where the story continues after capture but I know that's not what we are talking about lol. I mean just trying to help.
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hardest Thing We Have to Do, Is Face The Darkest Thing... Ourselves, Our Fears and The Heart..."

Finished Book 2. Now time for some good RP, Science and Muffins. Open for RP. Mad Scientist Plotting the World's End <3

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: