Ensnared
April 19, 2024, 08:53:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have a new chat room online!  Please see the "News" section for it's location.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sign Ups: The Mirror Saga  (Read 637 times)
The Real D

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary 500 Posts Level 4
« on: May 01, 2012, 11:47:37 am »

Right, you may have caught the interest thread I put up here a few days ago. Well, I got a fair bit of it, so I guess we're going ahead with the idea! For those who missed it, I'll sum it up quickly.

The plot:

Sanctum is losing this war. Badly. People on both sides know it, and don't think the Mistresses aren't willing to rub it in. Moral is falling to an all time low, and the number of heroes is falling almost as fast. If something isn't done soon, the war could well be lost for good...

On the other side, the Organization is going from strength to strength! They have minions, they have fallen heroes, they have wealth, power, everything they could want. And while Sanctum is still being a pest, it can't last for long. So when one of the mysterious heads of the group calls a meeting, there's no reason not to go, right? Sure, things wont be as they seem, but any opportunity to boast and show off (and maybe enslave a few of the weaker members...) is not to be passed up! Soon, some of the most powerful ladies in the land will dine under one roof. What could go wrong?

Sanctum, sensing an opportunity, readies a desperate strike. A task force of heroes, the strongest they can muster, are gathered and assigned what is most likely a suicide mission. They are to get into that building, and then make sure no one gets out. To this end, they've been given the most powerful destructive device known to man. It should be enough to get the job done, even if it's still in the experimental stages...

Except, when the bomb goes off, it doesn't work quite as advertised. Heroes and Mistresses, still locked in combat, find themselves in another world, one where nothing is as they remember it. A world where the heroes are feared as tyrannical overlords, and Mistresses are praised as blessed saviours. Now the Heroes have to face off against the Light's forces, while the Mistresses have a populace that is only to eager to line up to 'watch the pretty swinging pendant' for them.

Something's definitely gone wrong here.

The Setting:

The Mirror Universe: A world where everything and everyone is reversed. A world where a (now heroic) Organization is filled with powerful heroes, here named 'Guardians' (to prevent confusion with the Original Heroes) and is crushing the (Evil) Sanctum's forces (said forces would be names 'Villains' so as not to be confused with the Original Mistresses). A world where every Mistress is a hero/Guardian, and every hero a Mistress/Villain (The specifics remain up to each character's player). A world where the forces of good are triumphing over those of Evil, ending a long era of darkness, mind control and tyranny. The complete opposite of the Ensnared setting.

This bit is pretty simple for now. The first thing I need to know is who's signing up, and what characters you're signing up. You're allowed to play as many as you think you can handle, but I feel it would bring some balance ot team numbers if everyone played at least two, preferably on different sides. To start with the story will just involve Heroes and Mistresses, with Guardians and Villains coming in later. Depending on interest and number, their role in the story may increase or decrease as necissary. Just don't worry about it, I'll explain when we get there.

For now, all I need is your character name, a link to their character sheet, what side their on, and whether you think you can play a mirror version of that character.

Example:

Character Name: Dacia Fel
Character sheet link: http://ensnared.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,853.0/msg,21617.html
Side: Hero
Can I play a Mirror version of this character: Yep. I have an idea in mind for her.

Example 2:

Character Name: Robyn Faire
Character sheet link: http://ensnared.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,878.0.html
Side: Mistress
Can I play a Mirror version of this character: I am only interested in playing a Mirror version of this character for the RP.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to PM me or catch me in the chat, since I'm usually there if I'm not asleep. I should emphasis: If you do not think you have time at the moment for a mission RP, and do not want to slow anyone down by signing up, do not worry. We can come to an arrangement. This is going to be a fairly different set up to the usual Mission deal, and I will be doing my best to keep the RP moving, even if no one posts (hopefully this will not be an issue).
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

gguy123

View Profile
Search Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 12:23:05 pm »

Character Name: Cecilia Varia
Character sheet link: http://ensnared.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,133.0.html
Can I play a Mirror version of this character: Yeah, sure.
Report Spam   Logged
DrgnmastrAlex
The one who won't let this place die >.>
Administrator

Lay off the poor beavers, will ya?! SHEESH!!

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 06:45:10 pm »

Character Name: Bianca Anima
Mirror Version available: Certainly.  Cheesy

---

Character Name: Sheena
Side: Mistress (Crimson Fan)
Mirror Version available: Yep, though she'd be more anti-hero to fit the fact that the Crimson Fan is only in a neutrality agreement with the Organization.
Report Spam   Logged

Can it wait? I'm just finishing up on some callibrations.
Generic_entity

View Profile
1000 Posts Search Windows User
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 01:46:18 pm »

Character Name: Zauberer
Side: hero
Mirror version available: since normal zauberer is a meek young mage, mirror zauberer could be the lord of all evil... with a gote
Character sheet: http://ensnared.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,130.msg16491.html#msg16491
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:37:33 am by Generic_entity » Report Spam   Logged
AC DF
Administrator

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 06:16:05 pm »

Character Name: Andy Carson
Mirror Version available: Mirror Version only
Character Sheet: Will be posted when created

Character Name: Daniel Warren
Mirror Version available: Possibly
Character sheet: http://ensnared.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,38.0.html

---
Kagami Haruna
Mirror Version available: Yes
Character sheet: Overhaul due soon, http://ensnared.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,98.0.html
Report Spam   Logged
FredKrug

View Profile
Apple User Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 07:49:38 pm »

Character Name: Kimmi
Side: Hero (Redeemed)
Mirror Version available: Mirror Version only
Character Sheet: http://ensnared.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,590.0.html

Character Name: Ebony
Side: Mistress/Hero
Mirror Version available: Likely both versions, but if not, only Mirror version
Character sheet: http://ensnared.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,821.0.html

---

Character Name: Yoko
Mirror Version available: Mirror Version Only
Character sheet: http://ensnared.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,590.0.html
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 07:53:42 pm by FredKrug » Report Spam   Logged

Sarah

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Level 3 Mobile User
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 01:15:39 am »

Character Name: Alice
Mirror Version Available: Possibly?
Character Sheet: http://ensnared.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,831.0.html
Report Spam   Logged
Anirrex

The Philosophical Linguist

View Profile
Level 4 Second year Anniversary Search
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 01:28:24 am »

Character Name: Houtou
Mirror Version: Yeah sure why not.
Character Sheet: http://ensnared.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,816.msg20455.html#msg20455

---

Character Name: Alexandria Fitzlew
Mirror Version: ... Alex? As a hero? HAH! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! ... but yeah, sure, why not.
Character Sheet: http://ensnared.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,798.0.html
Report Spam   Logged

Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein.
The Real D

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 03:13:05 am »

Right, so far we have:

Hero Side:
Dacia
Cecilia
Bianca
Zauberer
Daniel
Alice
Houtou

Mistress Side:
Robyn
Sheena
Kagami
Ebony
Alex

That's 7 heroes, 5 Mistresses so far. Given the current divide between the two character types, that's probably fair. And basically everyone's said they'll play Mirror versions of the above, but some characters are Mirror only! So, Guardians and Villains side:

Villains:
Dacia
Cecilia
Bianca
Zauberer
Daniel
Alice
Houtou
Andy
Yoko

Guardians:
Robyn
Sheena
Kagami
Ebony
Alex
Kimmi (Redeemed)

That's 9 Villains and 6 Guardians. Not as close, but still works nicely. Maybe we'll get some late folks signing up as well, so these numbers aren't final.

The first Prelude post is up! This is the Hero introduction thread, so all you hero folks should go check it out and post some. It's up to you how you got your invite to the meeting, but invited you are!

The Mistress Prelude will be up in a few days, I expect. It takes place after the hero one, so Heroes get a head start. The Guardians and Villains will be some time showing up, and likely wont get their own threads imediatly when they do (they're more likely to pop up as opponents for Heroes/Mistresses in their threads throughout, but if there's interest in Guardian/Villain plot, I'll provide).

So, this gives us time to start thinking on their powers and abilities. Time to get making Bios! I'll try to post up Mirror Dacia and Mirror Robyn later today.

Sign ups are not yet closed! If you're interested in playing and haven't signed up yet, please feel free to do so!
Report Spam   Logged
Martyr-The-Chicken

View Profile
Level 4 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 08:50:33 am »

Save me a spot please!  I am interested, just busy busy busy at the moment. I'll be throwing in one of my Mistresses
Report Spam   Logged
The Real D

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 11:03:50 am »

Gladly! Happy to have you along Marty. (Hey, bring Jill along, it'll be awesome!)

Ok, Bios! I know these are usually a fair amount of work, and no one really wants to do work, but I think we can make this pretty easy on ourselves.  Unlike regular heroes and Mistri, these can be pretty simple if you so desire (though I absolutely approve of going into detail).

What we'll need overall for mirror characters:

Character name: (These don't have to be the same as your regular character)
Original Character: (Only really needed if the mirror character has a different name in the above field)
Side: (Guardian or Villain, with some extra details if you feel like adding them)
Hp/CC: (Ok, this is pretty easy, but it makes things easier on me for it to be here)
Appearance: (Feel free to copy paste from your original bio, or describe an entirely different look for your mirror character. Your original and your mirror characters might not look all that similar, given their different lives)
Personality: (Be as short or long winded as you feel here. Describe how your mirror character acts)
Bio: (Your big chance to give the history of this mirror character. How are they different from the original? What's led them to do what they do?)
Abilities: (The tricky one. You may simply leave it as 'similar to the Original characters moves with a Light/Dark twist' if you so desire, or you can plan out new moves and techniques if that takes your fancy. Just remember, Guardians don't use CC attacks, whilst Villains do.)

And that should do it! We'll try to get these all done before they actually show up in the plot, but that should give us plenty of time. Here, have an example!

Example:

Character name: Fel
Original Character: Dacia Fel
Side: Villain
Hp/CC: 100/100
Appearance:
Personality: Playful, if mischievous. Fel is very much all smile and charm until you either cross her, or end up at her mercy.
Bio: In this reality, Dacia wanted power, above all else. While her nobler Mirror trained in martial arts and fought to protect those weaker than her, here she studied dark and forbidden arts in order to dominate those around her. More and more, she craved power, until eventually she summoned a demon to strengthen her further. It didn't quite work out that way. The demon attempted to possess her, but couldn't quite manage it. The two struggled together, and through one screw up or another, ended up merging. The new being created from the fusion named herself Fel, and began using her demonic given powers and human intelligence to spread a wave of darkness over the lands...
Abilities:

Name:  Basic - Slash
Base Hit Percentage: 80%
Description: When disarmed, she strikes with her clawed hands. Ouch! 8 HP damage. 50% chance of inflicting 5 CC damage via venom.

Name: Passive - Demonic Regen
Base Hit Percentage: -
Description: No longer Human, Fel's wounds heal themselves. In combat she regains 5HP a turn. Out of combat, she regains 10 HP. She cannot exceed her own maximum health.

Name: Corruption Blast
Base Hit Percentage: 50%
Description: Channeling her demonic energy into her palms, Fel unleashes a blast that attempts to turn the target into a demon like her. Does 15 CC damage. 3 hits from this attack will turn a human into a demon outright, and they will take triple CC damage from her attacks after this.

Name: Speed Blitz
Base Hit Percentage: 2 x 50%
Description: Fel casts two spells at once, sending binds flying at her opponent from both sides. If caught by one bind, the target takes 10 CC a turn until the bind is broken. This is doubled if they are hit by both binds.

Name: Take Flight
Base Hit Percentage: 70%
Description: Fel has wings. Using this move she takes to the air, putting her out of reach of normal melee attacks until she lands. If her HP is 20 or below, she must land, and cannot fly again until she's healed to above 25 HP.

Name: Counter Stance
Base Hit Percentage: 70 %
Description: Fel abandons her turn for the chance to counter any attacks made on her. To counter, she must beat her own hit chance rather than her opponents. Should she succeed at countering an ability, the ability is reflected back at the originator, at half damage, with all bonus effects still intact, and Fel is unaffected.

Name: Demon Mode
Base Hit Percentage: 80%
Description: Can only be activated after the third round of combat. Fel abandons all attempts at subtly, and allows her demonic side to show fully. Her demonic features become more pronounced, her hide grows thicker and her claws grow sharper. She takes -5 to both HP and CC attacks, and her abilities have a +10% chance to succeed.
Report Spam   Logged
Sakyo

View Profile WWW
500 Posts Level 4 Linux User
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 07:27:46 pm »

Character Name: Khryos
Character sheet link: http://ensnared.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,782.0.html
Can I play a Mirror version of this character: Yep. Khryos in its standard version is a polychromatic dragon seal, perhaps in his evil version is the evil Lord of All Aspects of Dragon

Character Name: Sakyo
Character sheet link: http://ensnared.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,741.0.html
Side: Villain
Can I play a Mirror version of this character: Yes. Sakyo could be a sacred dragon, a mixture of an angel and a dragon.

Then leave the rest of the requirements ^ ^
Report Spam   Logged

I do not speak English, I am using a translator. Please keep that in mind when reading my turns
Martyr-The-Chicken

View Profile
Level 4 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 01:18:57 pm »

Character Name: Beatrix Engel
Link: http://ensnared.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,931.0.html
Can I play a mirror version?: Definitely

Gonna use Beatrix instead of Zatyrra for now. I'll throw up mirror version stuff up later if necessary.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:27:52 am by Martyr-The-Chicken » Report Spam   Logged
Ryokyon!

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 One year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 07:34:29 am »

Character Name: Robert Carter
Link: http://ensnared.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,956.0.html
Can I play a mirror version?: I guess I could
Report Spam   Logged

You can call me a Corruptoslut

Pages: [1]