Ensnared
March 28, 2024, 12:11:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have a new chat room online!  Please see the "News" section for it's location.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Potion Hunt! (mak/D)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Potion Hunt! (mak/D)  (Read 4866 times)
makuta15
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2013, 07:28:34 pm »

Sharee continued in her frenzy until the miserable mage ceased to struggle underneath her spear. Only when fatigue began to creep into her unnaturally quickly did she stop. Turning away from the huddled mess at her feet, she smashed the ring around her arm with her fist. The effort that action alone demanded made her grunt, but it was immediately followed by a sigh of relief as warmth and energy began to steal back into her once more. She turned to the battlefield just in time to see one of the cultists stumble back from Robyn with a yelp of surprise, immediately silenced by his imminent fall. After what she had seen from the other woman so far, this new addition barely made her raise an eyebrow. Still...oh, so many questions. Where did Robyn even learn those techniques?

Sharee had little patience left to deal with the final, sniveling cultist. Snatching up her spear, she marched briskly past Robyn, bearing straight down upon the hapless man and grabbing him by the collar.

Yes. You. Talk." Sharee slammed her spear into the ground, leaving the shaft quivering less than an inch away from the coward's toes.

"Now."

Ring smash, no action.

30 CC, 100 HP
Report Spam   Logged

Experiments are what I do, yes.
The Real D

View Profile
Second year Anniversary 500 Posts Level 4
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2013, 07:32:55 am »

"S-sure, talking's good! I can talk. You should see me when I get going, won't stop for hours. What would you like to talk about?" The cultist didn't put up much of a struggle, hoisted up on his tiptoes by Sharee's incredible strength and more than a little intimidated by that spear. "Is this because we didn't pay our fees? I swear, we were gunna! I told Jeff to take care of it! Really! You could ask him, if you hadn't... already... um..." He glanced towards one of the fallen cultists nervously.

Behind Sharee, Robyn flashed the man a smile that somehow didn't comfort him at all, and raised a finger to her lips, before winking at him - while her Jungle Princess' attention was otherwise occupied, of course. Then she walked past the pair, heading for the cultists camp. "I'll go see what they've got lying around. Won't be long!"
Report Spam   Logged
makuta15
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2013, 04:15:40 pm »

"Fine. Be quick, Robeen. We move soon."

Sharee didn't pay too much concern as Robyn darted off toward the cavern entrance; she'd learned the hard way that when the airhead got in the mood to look at some pretties, it was best just to take a breath and wait for the delay to be over. And with the cultists neutralized for now, there didn't seem much harm in letting Robyn wander off. Hey, if her luck held, it'd even spare her some of the girl's chatter for a little while.

And speaking of chatter...

Sharee scowled as her captive rambled on and on in his panic. Spirits, he was almost as bad as Robyn was, talking on and on, sound and words flying from his mouth and yet never actually saying anything. When she couldn't take it anymore, she gave him a quick shake to shut him up. Were all Northerners like this?

"Fees? What es fees? Stop babble, lettle spell thrower. What you do weth women? Why you en our way?"
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:23:21 pm by makuta15 » Report Spam   Logged

The Real D

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2013, 05:16:05 pm »

"Wha- hey, hey, slow down lady. Geeze, who taught you how to speak? You should get your money back, y'know?" The cultist had a brief moment where he forgot his situation. Another shake from Sharee reminded him. "I... I mean... Ah... Well the women were for... y'know... soul sacrifice to awaken the dark god and stuff. Typical stuff, no biggie. And we didn't know you'd be coming through here! We just knew the seal was under this hull. Had to dig up the cave ourselves, but we found it... eventually..."

---

Meanwhile...

'Let's see what we've got here...' Robin was in an unusual state right now. The fight had woken her ruthless persona up, but the fight had ended before she'd thrown more than two punches. Not even an excuse to throw down a perfume vial (now wouldn't that have been an interesting experience for the Princess?). Ah well.

At least while she was here she could take a look at the toys these people had been hoarding. With her arms folded behind her back, she stepped into the cave and took a look around. Hmm, what did she have here...?

Ritual preparations... duh. Not poorly constructed, at least. She used her foot to cross out a few of the spell circles, just to prevent any accidents. Sorry ancient dead God, there would be no upstanding her today. Better luck next time.

Will broken slave-girls... some cute, some rather average. Looked like the cult had succeeded on subduing them, where they'd failed outside. Robin was slightly tempted to claim them for herself, but Sharee would probably get suspicious. Hmm...

Aha! She grinned to herself as she located the prize she'd been looking for. A crate, recently opened, containing...

"Hmhm, now these could be fun..." She muttered, picking up one of the magical slave collars and twirling it around her finger. "Oh Shareeee, I have a little something to try out on your friend you have there..."
Report Spam   Logged
makuta15
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2013, 07:23:41 pm »

The cultist's laughable attempt at subterfuge was wasted against his captor; Sharee could clearly hear every desperate mumble. She shook the man again, this time to cover as she gathered her thoughts. As strange and bizarre as the Northern realms were, she was certain that the ritual sacrifice of kidnapped women was definitely not something even the flightiest of Northerners would consider; this man was scum to his kindred as well as the rest of the world. Releasing her prisoner, she threw him roughly to the ground again. What on earth was she going to do with him? The battle was over; it would be, she thought grudgingly, dishonorable to kill him. With that being said...

"Lesten up, you," she growled, crouched over her prisoner. With one hand, she yanked her spear out of the soft dirt and leveled it at the man's throat once more. "Every woman es kidnapped here, es go free. If Sharee ever - ever - hears -"

At which point her attempt at intimidation was cheerfully shattered by the ever upbeat tone of her companion. Sharee screwed up her eyes and tried not to scream. Yes, she was glad Robyn had survived the scrap all right, but did she have to ruin every moment?

"Sharee es busy, Robeen," she sighed, speaking slowly in her impatience. Still, she at least acknowledged the other woman's presence enough to turn her head slightly. Her grip on the cultist never slackened, but she arched an eyebrow as she saw the band glittering in Robyn's hands. "What you find?"
Report Spam   Logged

The Real D

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2013, 09:35:07 pm »

"Oooh don't worry so much. Don't you trust me~?" Robyn asked, walking over to the pair. "Well you might find this interesting. I found one of these boy's toys." She held up the metal collar, holding it by the open latch.

"It's a s-... servant collar. Put this on someone and it will make them do what you say." She flipped it around in her hand, switching her grip around. "How about I slap this on him and make him take the girls back home? Should save us some time, right?"

There. That shouldn't be too objectionable, right?
Report Spam   Logged
makuta15
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2013, 02:27:13 pm »

"Does Sharee trust - ?" she began, blinking in confusion. The momentary distraction gave Robyn all the time she needed to breeze by, however, coming between her and the prisoner. Sharee forced down a scowl. It killed her to admit it, but as things stood, Sharee knew little about Northern relics, while Robyn had likely been amongst them all her life. In this situation, it was entirely possible that what Robyn knew could actually be...rather helpful. And so it was that Sharee swallowed her pride, and inspected the ring in Robyn's hands with impatient curiosity.

She couldn't shake a little chill as Robyn described what the ring did, however. Was that what they were doing to the women back there? Sharee had to admit, the sense of poetic justice was rather sweet. They had delayed on this hill too long already; if they stayed much longer, they would be looking at another day to their travel time, perhaps even a fourth if Robyn insisted that Sharee guide them back. This way, the women would be safe, and these men would never bother the hillside again...and Sharee could finally resume her own travels unimpeded by Northern nonsense. Crouching back down, she bared her teeth at the cultist in what barely qualified as a grin.

"Hmmf. You hear that, lettle man? You es to take thes women home, see all them safe and sound, whole. You, your friends es never to do thes thing again. Sharee understood?"

There was a feral look in her eye as she edged her spear to the man's throat. Feral...but definitely amused.
Report Spam   Logged

The Real D

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2013, 03:11:05 pm »

"Wha- Now hold on a second, you can't-" The cultist's objections were sharply cut off as Sharer poked him with her spear. "Or maybe you can, I guess... ?" He finished nervously, sweating slightly. This Amazon was one scary lady.

"... You look reasonable!" He tried, looking to Robin, clearly the less intimidating of the pair. "Can't you talk her out of this?"

"Aww, honey... No, she's the reasonable one." She told him with a smile, hooking the collar around his neck. "I'm a bitch. Now, you're going to do everything she just said, ok? Take the girl's to one of my Faire Salons, they'll take care of them there. Tell 'em Robyn sent you."

The man gave a slight nod as his eyes took on a blank glaze. Robotically, the man stood up and walked into the cave as the pair of adventurers watched him go.

"Well, that should take care of that. Was there anything else you wanted, or shall we get back on track?"
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:37:39 pm by The Real D » Report Spam   Logged
makuta15
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2013, 12:23:38 pm »

Sharee nodded blandly as the cultist rose to his feet and Robyn began to give him his instructions. She wasn't paying too much attention to what was being said; many of the words were unfamiliar, rapid-fire Northern slang that she had no definition for. "Beech" was a kind of tree, right? But she had no idea what a "slon" was. Anyway, she was more interested in the change that the cultist had undergone the moment the ring clicked shut around his neck. How truly odd Northern servants must be - he could hardly be called the same person at all. And something was off about Robyn's tone...

"Y-yes," she said distractedly, sending their new agent off with a pat on the shoulder. "Women go home, go safe, then you go to "slon."

She watched the procession for a little while. Did the women seem to be a little more awake, more alert than they had been when she and Robyn had first found them in the cave, or was that wishful thinking?

Robyn's voice cut through her musings again, and she sighed. She chided herself for drifting off again. All this business with Northerners...she was certain it couldn't be good for her. If she let herself get caught up in every little squabble she came across - and by her spear, these people could fight over the most ridiculous things - then sooner or later, she wouldn't be able to hear the forest and trees around her for all the noise and bustle. After all, she thought with a glance at her partner, that was how she had come into her current predicament with Robyn, now wasn't it? And look where that had landed her.

"Es fine, Robeen. We go."

She turned from the hilltop without another word. There was renewed determination in her stride as she left the clearing, eager to resume their journey...to be done with this business once and for all.
Report Spam   Logged

The Real D

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2013, 04:21:02 pm »

Robin resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Great, now their delivery boy had a bunch of instructions running up against one another. Who knew which ones he'd try to obey first... Bah, if Sharee had just kept her mouth shut, but noooo. Of course she had to interfere. And Robin couldn't set him right without making the Amazon suspicious. Or worse, make her start arguing. 'Why you do this Robeen? Sharee too too clear before. I do again properly, show you how do.'

Whatever. The berries were the important thing. Robin could put up with all this and more if it got her a proper sample of that plant. The girls could wait a little longer to become beautiful, if need be.

"Right," she sighed, following after her guide. "Lead the way."

Her pensive mood didn't last long. Now that the threat had passed, her lighter, much more chipper personality swiftly took hold, and got right back to work being her usual self... much to Sharee's despair.

---

The final leg of the journey only took a few more hours. Their destination was plain enough - a small, secluded clifftop grove, a little out of the way and hidden by an inconspicuous rock wall. It was peaceful enough, with a small river running right through it, fed by a waterfall from further up. The river banks, on both sides, were lined with bushes of berries. After everything the pair had already been through, it almost felt anticlimactic. Both were probably grateful for that, honestly.

Robyn certainly was, as Sharee discovered by way of tackle hug. "They're here! They're really here! Oh thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!"

She paused for breath, smiling happily. "Oh wow... this is awesome! I've gotta thank you properly somehow!"

Of course both sides of her already had something in mind for that...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:11:10 pm by The Real D » Report Spam   Logged
makuta15
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2013, 12:42:21 pm »

And there it was. Two days and unending hours of chatter later, the hidden clearing remained exactly as Sharee remembered; as she had, over the course of their journey, described it to Robyn again and again. And again. And again. By now, the small clearing had come to represent the end of their journey together, the end of her time with Robyn, and it was with relief that she finally stepped foot into the grove once more. Sinking down with a sigh, she relished the chance to sit on soft grass once more, leaving Robyn to inspect her prize.

Despite how irritating the girl was, Sharee couldn’t help but feel at least a little smug watching Robyn’s reaction to her little grove. The woman was clearly awestruck. After spending so long frustrated and caught off guard by Robyn’s little surprises and inconsistencies, it was immensely satisfying to have finally turned the tables.

“So, Robeen – aagh!” She got no further before something unbelievably energetic crashed into her, sending her tumbling to the ground. Her hand was already pulling at her spear before she steeled herself to remain calm. It was just Robyn, of course. With an exasperated grunt, she pushed the clingy woman away.

“Es just nye-berries, Robeen. Sharee told you already.” Amusement warred with exasperation, but a thin smile did escape for just a few seconds. She gave herself a little shake. With her errand complete, she was starting to grow slightly anxious to reclaim her solitude once more. She took a deep breath, turning her back so Robyn couldn’t see. Patience. Slowly, she calmed herself down. Robyn would collect her berries, Sharee would rest up, and then she could finally – finally! – take her leave. With that wonderful thought in mind, she plastered a smile on her face and turned back towards Robyn. She flapped her hand towards the bushes, encouraging Robyn to go on.

“Well? Es satisfy?”
Report Spam   Logged

The Real D

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2013, 04:43:52 am »

"Oh yeah. It feels like I've been waiting for this moment forever, y'know?"

Not for the first time that day, Robyn found herself in a strange position. It had been quite an unusual week, actually. The extended trip, all the time she had spent getting to know Sharee, travelling together, fighting at one another's side... She'd spent more time with the jungle warrior than, well, /anyone/ that she hadn't already 'helped' in years.

And if there was one thing this long journey had taught her, it was that Sharee was in quite desperate need of her help. But she wasn't going to just accept it either, no way. She was faaaar too much of a grouch for that.

'If you're not careful, she really will try to use that spear on you. Why don't you let me deal with this?' The insidious thoughts of Robyn's other half poked at her, roused into partial wakefulness by the possibility of danger. She knew full well that she shouldn't underestimate the Amazon.

The light-hearted stylist ignored the suggestion though, bouncing over to a berry bush instead. She wasn't about to leave her BFF to the hands of the bitch inside her head if she didn't have to! Besides, she totally knew what she was doing.

"So, like, I bet you're super curious what I wanted these berries for, right?" She looked over her shoulder, giving her friend a cheerful smile. "Wanna see? It totally won't take long! I can do it while we rest up!"

If there was one thing Sharee could be counted on for other than grouchyness, after all, it was curiosity.

With a deft swipe, she plucked a handful of berries and held them up to the late day Sun, inspecting their condition. Satisfied, she pulled a small vial out of a pocket and dropped a few of the purest samples in, swirling them around with the clear liquid within.
Report Spam   Logged
makuta15
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2013, 07:38:32 am »

"Hmmm?"

Sharee looked up from where she was crouched, a trickle of dark berry juice now staining her chin. It had been entertaining to revel in her victory, to watch Robyn fuss and coo over the bushes...for about five minutes. After that, satisfaction faded. She had absolutely no idea what Robyn was doing - something with measurements, with fragile glass, something that all looked very important to the other woman - but leave it to a Northerner to make a mess out of something simple as nye-berries.

And so, while Robyn's back was turned, Sharee had made her way to one of the bushes herself. She tossed the first fruit into her mouth with a warm grin. True, she had plenty stored away in her supplies, in with her stew and rations...but after such a trying couple of days she deserved a treat, and fresh was always better. She greedily plucked a few more before turning around.

"...okay, Robeen," she said. Although she had been suspicious of the woman when they had first started out, Robyn had proven herself to be helpful enough to earn a degree or two of trust. Sharee had to admit that after all this time in such curious company, some form of answer, any answer, would be a welcome change to Robyn's baffling behavior. They would be parting ways soon enough; where was the harm in indulging her one last time?

"So. What es Northerners theenk nye-berry is for?"

She raised a skeptical eyebrow at the vial in Robyn's hand.
Report Spam   Logged

The Real D

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2013, 08:37:20 pm »

"Don't be silly, Shari! This isn't northern, it's totally eastern! ... Which I guess might actually still be northern for you, down... Oh never mind." Robyn giggled to herself, still riding the high of finally having the berries in her hands. "As for what they do, I would be super happy to tell you! You see the Chon berries have a unique quality, most commonly thought to be caused by their saturation with high quantities of... magic... that..."

Robyn trailed off, giving Sharee a flat look. Her eyes had glazed over half way into the sentence, and after several days with her even Robyn could recognize her 'I'm not listening' expression. Tch, and she'd totally memorized that speech, too! Oh well. Less talking, more doing! It was about time she got her hand in anyway.

"... So basically when treated right, it harnesses the power of the mind to improve your body! Makes you stronger, faster, blah blah, all that!" She cut her lecture short, trying to sum everything up in one go. "Some desert tribes out east were really super feared because they knew how to use this stuff, y'know? 'Course there's plenty of better things to use it for, but people always dwell on the 'rargh, strong warrior' bit, dunno why."

She shrugged, swirling the vial again, and then drawing a small pouch and taking a small pinch of crushed leaf out of it, sprinkling it into the mixture carefully. The water shimmered, and turned from a deep purple to a lightly glowing blue. Robyn nodded, satisfied.

"It was a secret recipe, and I was really lucky to get it, y'know? But now..."

She shook the vial again, and the luminous blue bubbled, before turning crystal clear. Robyn looked at it, her smile so wide you'd think her head would fall off.

"Aha, yes! Awesome! It worked! The ancient potion of Makrazala... Makruzalas... Mak... Screw it that language was super stupid anyways. The ancient potion of, like, Mind-over-Body is back in the world? Isn't that awesome?" She looked at Sharee expectantly, then blinked, as if having a thought.

She tilted her head quizzically, pursing her lips. "Hm... I was, like, gunna take this home and keep it as a memento of this trip and all, but, like... Do you want it? It can totally be payment for bringing me here!"
Report Spam   Logged
makuta15
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2013, 03:40:33 pm »

Sharee was all ready to just smile and nod her way through another one of Robyn's babble-fests, but to her surprise, the other woman abruptly abandoned her nonsense for a stammering attempt to speak sense for once. Bless her heart, but she was actually trying! She kept drifting off in the middle, true, but Sharee hadn't ever expected this kind of self-awareness from Robyn. Just for that, she tried to listen extra carefully for once, even brushing off the mispronunciation of her name. Good behavior should be rewarded and reinforced, after all, especially when coming from people who took forever to learn - like those from the North.

"So...'mind over body'? Es warrior drink?" She asked, advancing cautiously. The potion's explosively changing colors had unnerved her slightly, bringing to mind uncomfortable memories of the wooden beast they had encountered in the wild, and she had stepped back as the mixture frothed and fizzled. With the phial now clear and still in Robyn's hand, Sharee crept forward again. She gave the phial an experimental tap with the tip of her spear and listened to the ringing of the glass. The elders of her tribe certainly knew how to brew mixtures and potions for various things - healing, the berserk state in battle, clarity of vision. But those potions usually involved days of preparation and chanting. They were things of heat, of primal energies channeled forth from the elements around them. This bottle, by comparison, seemed...cold.

"...Thank you, Robeen," she said, slowly reaching out to take the bottle of clear liquid. "Es very gen'rous of you." Sharee's mind was churning, thoughts flying everywhere at once. If what Robyn said was true...the Swift River tribe had feasted on these berries for generations, and never known. What could this mean?

"Elders will be very interested to look at Robeen's potion," she continued, taking the flask over to her pack. "Could change everything about Swift River."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 03:42:08 pm by makuta15 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: