Ensnared
April 16, 2024, 02:35:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have a new chat room online!  Please see the "News" section for it's location.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Which Witch is Which? (Pat/vortex)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Witch is Which? (Pat/vortex)  (Read 787 times)
Vortex421
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Third year Anniversary Search
« on: May 26, 2012, 12:14:46 am »

Lily was not sure if she preferred the cities on this planet or the open country areas.  In the cities she tended to stand out a bit like a sore thumb.  Her red scarf and large-brimmed black witches' hat made it apparent she was not from the area.  There had been a few close calls with those called "Mistresses" as a result.  One had come dangerously close to succeeding in taking Lily down.  Even now she had to suppress a shiver at the memory of that day and then try and repress it back where it belonged.  The trouble with the open country spaces was the lack of people.  That lack of people tended to drive Lily nuts after awhile.  All throughout school she'd been around others.  She'd had her three Student Council members with her nearly all the time.  But here?  She could hardly call anyone a friend.  Most who came near her thought she was a freak or wanted nothing to do with her.  The remnant were Mistresses and those working for them. 

She kicked a pebble down the lane as she passed by modest houses.  It was likely she would stay here a few days and try to rest and make some money doing various things.  Magic did have it's uses.  But what she really craved right now was human companionship that did not involve being thought of as a freak, a witch (well, she was one), or an object to be possessed by others.  No, she wanted and needed a friend.  But would she find one here?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pat

Shark

View Profile
Level 4 One year Anniversary Level 3
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 03:00:27 pm »

Claire strolled through the city in the early evening.  She happened to be sticking to mostly empty roads for now, simply enjoying the fresh air outside.  The woman walked with confident posture and a tiny ever-present smile even though there weren't many others around to see her or for her to present herself to.  She had a hand resting casually on the pommel of a fine sword, sheathed on her right hip.  Her right shoulder was also decorated with a deep blue colored mantel, draping part of her tall figure.

Eventually, she came to behold an unusual sight for what she was used to in the city.  It was a girl wearing a rather large black hat, which in addition to a colorful big red scarf, made her stand out as she walked down the lane past the little pink houses, bound to pass by Claire.  Claire was so struck by the sight that she slowed to a pause to observe her for a moment.  When she noticed the odd looking girl stepping closer, Claire gave a friendly smile and approached Lily.  "Hello there."  Her hand moved from her weapon to her hip as she greeted the stranger.  "Nice evening, isn't it?"
Report Spam   Logged
Vortex421
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 11:28:28 am »

Lost in her own thoughts Lily missed the initial greeting.  It was not until she realized that a question had been tossed her way that she actually stopped and turned.  The expression on her hat matched that of her face - a questioning look that was as much filled with surprise as it was filled with skepticism that the person addressing her had any intentions that were not bad.  Still she wanted to be polite so she gave a proper bow to the girl in greeting.

"Good evening.  It is a very pleasant evening, yes."
Report Spam   Logged
Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 02:20:05 pm »

Claire finally glanced up at the large hat.  She was close enough to notice it seemed to express some emotion as well, though she hadn't the slightest clue how significant it was to the girl wearing it, or in what way.  She was a little intimidated by the towering chapeau and the strange girl underneath because she wasn't familiar with anyone that would remind her of the girl, and she simply had no idea what to expect.  Claire imagined another person couldn't be too different from herself though, and kept a friendly and sociable tone. Smiling at Lily, she gave a small bow in turn.

"I don't think I've seen you around this time of day before.. Are you from around here?"  She hesitated just slightly before asking the question of Lily.  It seemed obvious to her the girl probably wasn't from this city by how peculiar she looked.  Claire was interested, however.  She found herself growing more curious about the odd girl and her appearance.  She looked nice enough, if not perhaps a little aloof.  Nonetheless, Claire didn't suspect her to be wicked.
Report Spam   Logged
Vortex421
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 08:56:55 pm »

A shake of her head answered Claire's question.  "Ah, no.  I'm not..."  Lily paused, trying not to stammer too much.  Damn it - she'd never hesitated when talking to others before!  Was it her paranoia causing this?  Weeks of survival and no one to really talk to had left her interpersonal skills rather rusty.  "I'm not from around here.  I'm from somewhere a long way's from here."  Hopefully this girl wouldn't dig any deeper.  Lily wasn't entirely sure of her intentions yet. 

"Do you know this town?  Is there somewhere where a traveler can stay for a night or two?  Especially one with..."  She looked down and blushed out of embarrassment, "No money?"
Report Spam   Logged
Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 09:22:09 pm »

Claire hardly minded Lily's slightly nervous speech, and kept her easygoing expression.  She was still focusing on the girl's appearance, if anything in particular.  "Yes I do. My home is here."  She answered Lily's first question with a proud smile.  Claire's face changed to express concern when she heard Lily go on to explain her situation.  She even felt her own face turn a bit red, able to feel Lily's embarrassment.  There had been times in Claire's travels when she had been without money for one reason or another, making it easy for her to sympathize.

Claire forgot about all that made Lily seem strange or different moments before.  All she could see before her now was someone who needed help.  "Yes, there are places for travelers to stay, but no money's a problem..."  She started, but trailed off.  Claire took a step forward and extended her right hand gently towards Lily.  "Excuse me, my name is Claire."  She figured she ought to introduce herself by now.  "May I ask yours?"
Report Spam   Logged
Vortex421
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 02:19:09 pm »

"Lily... Lily Shiraishi," the witch quickly responded feeling her face go very red and the hat on her head seemed to darken as if it, too, was embarrassed.  "It's okay... if I need to sleep in the streets I can.  I've done it before."
Report Spam   Logged
Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 05:47:18 pm »

Claire blinked at Lily and her face softened into a sympathetic look, frowning slightly.  Her hand dropped again to her side after it was left in the air for a moment.  She hated the thought of leaving Lily alone with no money and no place to stay.  She also realized that others in the city may be more likely to ignore her or brush her off for her different appearance.  She decided she had to help the girl.  "You don't need to do that."  Claire began with a smile returning.  "I have room in my home. You can stay there with me as long as you need to, Lily."  She looked at her with an inviting smile.
Report Spam   Logged
Vortex421
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 10:25:11 pm »

The response brought Lily's head up almost in a jerking motion out of surprise at what she had just heard.  She wasn't sure if she was hearing Claire correctly.  "Y-you mean that?"  Her expression was one of complete and total surprise.  She had not been expecting a kindness such as this to be extended to a stranger such as her.  Or was there something else at work?  She wasn't sure but Claire did not seem the sort of person to be a Mistress in disguise - though one never knew.  "I-if it's not too much trouble.  But I insist on helping around the house in return."
Report Spam   Logged
Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 10:41:38 pm »

Claire smiled, a little amused by Lily's surprised reaction.  She nodded.  "It's no trouble at all. It.. actually gets a bit lonely there in sort of a big house."  She admitted while blushing a bit.  "Oh, you don't have to worry about that if you don't want. I'm just happy to help someone in need."  Her smile returned for a moment before she looked at Lily again with concern.  "Are you hungry? Why don't we get something to eat."  She suggested.
Report Spam   Logged
Vortex421
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 10:53:24 pm »

The question brought a rumble of complaint from Lily's stomach and her face flushed slightly.  "A-ah, yes.  I probably should eat something.  I haven't eaten in..."  She trailed off.  When had she eaten last?  She'd had a bit of bread for breakfast but that had been hours ago.  "Well, it's been some time."  She turned to follow Claire wherever she decided to get food from.  "So you live in a big house by yourself?"
Report Spam   Logged
Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 11:00:48 pm »

Claire giggled.  "Well, let's go."  She started leading Lily down the road where she had already been heading.  "It's not exactly big, but I could get by in a smaller place if it's just to myself."  She explained, then shrugged.  "Don't worry about it."  After a bit of walking, they reached a small cafe.  Claire stepped to open the door to let Lily in first, smiling.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: