Ensnared
April 20, 2024, 08:43:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have a new chat room online!  Please see the "News" section for it's location.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register Chat  

Testing A Character

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Testing A Character  (Read 4356 times)
Rin

Procrastinating Writer/Mad Scientist

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Spammer 25 Posts in one day One year Anniversary
« on: May 30, 2012, 01:57:16 pm »

[anyone can join, please forgive me if it takes a while to respond, I rarely have internet these days]

Ivan shook his head as he sat against the tree as he had been learning how to stay out of his host's body longer and longer. Though he knew as long as he was out of her though, he knew that Rin would not be safe. But at the moment he was relaxing against the tree enjoying the breeze even. He chewed on the apple then as he stood, tilting his head as the shaggy black platinum hair fell into his black platinum eyes. Dusting off his shirt, the buttons missing here and there as the jeans also clinging to his form as the rain had been falling for quite some time.

I wonder if it would be easier to infiltrate the village at this time of day... he said to himself.
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hardest Thing We Have to Do, Is Face The Darkest Thing... Ourselves, Our Fears and The Heart..."

Finished Book 2. Now time for some good RP, Science and Muffins. Open for RP. Mad Scientist Plotting the World's End <3

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pat

Shark

View Profile
Level 4 One year Anniversary Level 3
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 03:08:07 pm »

Claire hiked in the direction of a nearby town, soon to pass by Ivan and his spot next to the tree.  She held a simple black umbrella up in her left hand to protect her from being soaked by the rain, while her right hand hovered nearby the guard of a thin sword sheathed on her right hip.  The woman wasn't wearing any mantel over her right shoulder as she often did, leaving just a simple sleeveless vest to cover her upper body.  She had a curious look on her face when someone sitting under a tree came into view.

Claire soon approached Ivan, walking underneath the tree with him, and kindly held her umbrella over him to shield them both from the drops of water that still trickled down through the tree's branches.  "Don't tell me you got caught out in the rain, too."  She spoke in a lighthearted tone despite the gloomy weather, and offered Ivan a simple friendly smile.  Claire stood tall over him at 5'10", and her long bangs fell over part of her face as she looked down at the stranger.  Only a left hazel eye was able to peer down at the sitting Ivan, as the other half of Claire's face was obscured by fair blonde hair.
Report Spam   Logged
Rin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 03:16:52 pm »

He didn't move a moment before looking up at the woman who asked the question. The rain hitting his face now as he smiled before shaking his head. He had gotten caught in the rain because of wanting a bit of freedom for a bit. But he wasn't sure why this woman was out of the rain. Ivan stood there for a moment trying to think of a reply that wouldn't make the girl uneasy and unsheath her blade at him. He did not like the fighting much and tried to keep it to a minimum. Ivan placed a hand to his head trying to keep the rain from hitting his face.

Yes, I am afraid I got caught in the rain. I was exploring the little town when the storm came. But why are you out in the rain? I am sure a pretty woman like you would rather be inside somewhere warm and dry.

He smiled before holding his hand out to be nice. He had seen it be done a million times by his host being. So it looked simple enough though he was more tripped up on it and made him feel a bit awkward.
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hardest Thing We Have to Do, Is Face The Darkest Thing... Ourselves, Our Fears and The Heart..."

Finished Book 2. Now time for some good RP, Science and Muffins. Open for RP. Mad Scientist Plotting the World's End <3
Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 07:20:56 pm »

Claire noticed him having to deal with the rain in his face, so she held her umbrella out to help by shielding Ivan from the rain too.  When she heard his question and his comment, Claire's face turned a hint of red, though she maintained her confident posture and easy tone as she responded.  "Ah, to be honest I actually didn't come out until after the rain started."  She explained.  "I'm usually out for a run or a walk this time of day. I didn't want a little rain to subdue me, so I thought I'd still come out for a bit."

At seeing Ivan hold out his hand to her, Claire showed another friendly smile and grasped it with her right to shake his hand.  She held onto it for a moment longer, willing to help him to his feet in case he wanted to take the opportunity to stand.  Her overall demeanor didn't make her seem like one to lash out in hostility even though she was carrying a weapon.  To Claire, her rapier was more than a mere weapon.  She could see it as a deadly tool, but also as a piece of sporting equipment depending on the situation.  It was also even more of a symbol to her.  Fencing was her life, after all.
Report Spam   Logged
Rin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 02:12:48 pm »

Ivan chuckled as he watched the woman's cheeks change colours for a moment. He shook his head then and noticed the umbrella over his head as he thanked her for this. He smiled a cautious smile ready for anything really for he had learned to do so since living inside the half-breed. Ivan wondered if she really meant to be out here or trying to come up with a quick lie to not startle him like so many had before. He sighed then hoping the rain would let up for the time being. He looked back to the woman then.

Not many come out these days. Sad really. I am Ivaneous Dmitri by the way and you? You can call me Ivan though. Easy for the tongue. I don't suppose you were headed towards the town were you? Maybe you could show me around seeing I am not from here. And I am low on supplies
Report Spam   Logged

Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 02:40:59 pm »

Claire glanced up at their surroundings and quietly watched the rain fall for a bit.  "True, and it is sad."  She agreed.  "I didn't expect to see anyone else out here, especially because of the rain... It's a shame. I think the rain can be beautiful."  The woman met Ivan's eye again, and finally introduced herself.  "I'm Claire Beckett, but you can call me Claire. I was just heading back to town, and I'd be happy to show you around, Ivan."  She smiled and extended her hand again, offering to help him to his feet.
Report Spam   Logged
Rin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 07:57:10 pm »

He then took her hand and stood before looking her up and down. Ivaneous knew that if he was to get his host back to normal he'd need someone strong. Though he was here to sight see that was the truth, he was also on a mission. He said nothing about it to Claire as he nodded to her comment about the rain. It was true that the rain was nice but he also knew humans didn't like the rain to touch them. Ivan sighed as he looked around. He hope that this woman would meet his expectations.

I want to ask you something if I may Ivan said as he looked at her again. I told you about my host right? Well there seems to be a problem with her. I was wondering... he trailed off for a moment before smiling again. How good are you in fighting? I am just wondering in case something comes up and she pushes you into fighting. I myself do not fight. I usually use tricks. he laughed nervously then.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 09:14:00 pm by Rin » Report Spam   Logged

Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 12:38:55 pm »

"Your host?"  Claire shook her head.  "No, you haven't. I thought you were alone here..."  Claire also trailed off and listened curiously to him continue.  She didn't quite understand what he meant by using the word host, but she didn't ask anything about it, letting him go on speaking.

Something in Claire's eyes lit up the moment Ivan asked her about fighting.  A smile slipped across her face as she prepared to answer.  Her right hand went back to resting gently against the swept hilt of her sheathed sword.  "I've trained to be an expert duelist all my life.  I was born to fight."  She explained.  "What would make your.. host push me into a fight, though?"  Claire was still smiling with confidence and intrigue as she asked.
Report Spam   Logged
Rin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 12:46:04 pm »

Ivan placed a hand to his head as he thought of a way to explain. He released it a moment after as he looked at her. He smiled before trying to hide the fact of the real reason he was out here. He was of course trying to help the heroes out. He himself was one, even if he didn't look the part. But he was glad that Claire had said she could fight. Then at least they would have a chance in case anything happened.

I am afraid she has gone insane. Something with in, a beast or demon as they called them. I am looking for people to help me separate the two. But it throws her into fits of rage and she will attack anyone instantly. I am alone here, I was able to sneak away but she can sense when I am away. So I hope I have more time than last time. But like I said this thing inside her likes to eat human souls. It also has a nasty habit of turning humans into demons and tainting them. That is why I asked. I need to find a shaman or druid but I don't know this town. he sighed.
Report Spam   Logged

Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 01:14:24 pm »

While Ivan explained, a more serious look fell over Claire as she came to understand the situation he and his host were in.  She also realized that Ivan meant that he was connected with his 'host' in some way.  She drew a deep breath as she took all of this in.  "I don't know anyone in particular like that nearby, but there may be someone in town."  Claire glanced warily about their surroundings.  "You're hoping you have enough time... Is there a chance of us running into her?"
Report Spam   Logged
Rin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 01:20:48 pm »

He looked at her then as he patted her head. Though the two were connected he did have a good idea she was sleeping somewhere and they had a rare chance of running into her. Ivan's smile faded as he saw how serious Claire had become and sighed.

A rare one unless you wish for me to call her. he said with a smile. But other than that she won't be coming near us at any time. I do hope I can save her. All of you as well. If I can get her back to normal we'll have a fighting chance against the mistresses.
Report Spam   Logged

Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 01:58:43 pm »

When she noticed Ivan reached up to pat her head, Claire glanced slightly down to meet his eyes with an odd look that lasted just a second or two before softening again.  She shrugged it off as she listened to him, giving an understanding nod or two as Ivan spoke.  At the mention of mistresses, she looked up in thought.  Claire had never been heavily invested in the issues regarding mistresses, but she was starting to realize the threat was slowly growing, and that it was worth worrying about just like any other threat.

"Mistresses..."  She trailed off and nodded again before looking back at Ivan.  "Could I do anything to help if you did call her?" Claire asked, returning to the subject of his host.
Report Spam   Logged
Rin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 02:10:01 pm »

Unless you are faster than her to knock her out. I doubt it. I can't even do it. And I have tried. But once she starts letting that thing control her, she loses all sense of thinking. Even though by herself she isn't much smarter. I just hope you really good at fighting. he said trying to keep the smile he was hiding behind up.

Though he was afraid inside for all of them, him Rin and even Claire. He didn't wish to see another fall especially to the demon within his own host. As Ivan looked back for he had been walking a bit as he spoke he wondered if even she'd be enough in case his host did show. He also wondered if he should have involved this girl. She seemed still suspicious and at the same time he was not too sure she would understand.
Report Spam   Logged

Pat

Shark

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 05:59:49 pm »

Claire took a moment to think while she took a couple steps after Ivan.  "Well is it true that we'd have to subdue her before we could even do anything to get rid of the beast?"  She asked.  "I'm good at more than just hitting things in a fight, by the way. I could even outsmart her."  Claire said with confidence and a smirk.  She rested her right hand against the hilt of her thin rapier again.  "I have to be crafty with a blade like this."  She explained.
Report Spam   Logged
Rin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 06:08:26 pm »

Ivan was silent a moment before he nodded. Subduing was the only option. Only way she wouldn't fight back when they were trying to separate the two. As he looked at her pull her weapon, he pushed her aside to block the ice shards coming at them. The figure stood there, as it smirked. Ivan looked down at Claire as he sighed. He really didn't want to face Rin out here but it seemed she came to play. She crossed her arms against her chest, her eye half opened but the eye showed the same crimson black color it always did. But now a greyish color began to invade it. She shook her head, before leaning on her oar.

"Great..." Ivan said before he looked down at Claire again. "You alright? Did you get hurt? You didn't call her did you? That would have been stupid."

And why would that be stupid? I thought you were coming back? I haven't finish playing doctor scientist with you. And look you have a little friend maybe she'd like to join? Rin said with a smirk.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: